Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

With the Eternity reveal, I'm now definitely thinking it's not a coincidence that Gillen is using the title X-men Forever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Apechei View Post
    On another note… what are our thoughts on Storm facing anti-Phoenix forces in the upcoming issue RoM?
    Very exited, I have literately been waiting DECADES for this story-line!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I don't really consider those beings "anti-Phoenix forces" if you mean they equal Phoenix's power. Phoenix is "the sum and substance of all that lives," as Claremont once wrote.

Bete Noir, the Adversary, the Shadow King, Annihilation, the First Fallen, the Goblin Force.

I think they meant that of them, Bete Noir was said to be an ancient enemy of the Phoenix, and both First Fallen and Goblin Force were said to be in some way it's opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "rolls eyes"

Anti-Phoenix as in the Darkness, the Death and the Chaos...the Opposites/Counterbalances, the intrinsic necessities that exist in the Cosmic Balance. Oh. My. God.
    Yep. For anyone who hasn't figured it out, that infernal realm Storm is in is part of the Qliphoth, dark opposing realms of the Holy Sefirot on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Death. That is something Jean/Phoenix and increasingly parts of the Marvel Universe have been connected to for decades of stories.

The appearance of those entities there and that conversation set them up as Dark Dragons of the realms of the Qliphoth, what some call demons.

The Phoenix in that structure parallels that of the Archangel Michael, while the Great Dragon of the of the Qliphoth is the Fallen Archangel Lucifer, also known as Satan.

It's likely that Jean's new costume reflects her ultimate role as the Archphoenix...

Get ready folks, the Devil is on his way...

Any if any of that confuses anyone, check out the link in my sig!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    There are a lot of opposites to the Phoenix that were not present too.

Starhawk, Tiger God, and Chaos Magic itself. While Chaos Magic feels more like just of happenstance since the Phoenix more a balance of chaos and order and Chaos Magic is just Chaos, the other two are more just predators of darkness.
    None of those are of the Qliphoth, and Starhawk and Tiger God would more accurately be describe as predators in the darkness, rather than of the Darkness itself.

Heck, based on hints, it appears even the One Below All in itself is set up as an opposite to the Phoenix. It’s surreal.

“The Mystery frightens and disgusts me. I will kill it. Make it as hollow as I.”
    The One Bellow All is the opposite aspect of the Creator, and sits opposite the creator on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Death. It is aligned against the Phoenix as the creator is aligned with the Phoenix, but they are not true opposites.

Thanks for that! I hadn't seen the human form design. Glad to see she is dancing with Eternity instead of Sinister...
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 03-16-2024 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    None of those are of the Qliphoth, and Starhawk and Tiger God would more accurately be describe as predators in the darkness, rather than of the Darkness itself.
    Never said they were. All I pointed was that not all the “opposites” of the Phoenix were included, pointing out the humorous fact that Phoenix has that many opposites. It is not ridiculous per se. Just humorous in the respect of how many enemies are stacked against the Phoenix.

The One Bellow All is the opposite aspect of the Creator, and sits opposite the creator on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Death. It is aligned against the Phoenix as the creator is aligned with the Phoenix, but they are not true opposites.
    Maybe not. But the special mention out of fear and hatred from TOBA is where my attention was drawn at. Less so the position.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Schiti also stunningly illustrated Infinity
    Infinity VS.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    high ponytail magic. Ariana Grande who? I absolutely adore the look. I'm glad it will be back! :-p
    I like ponytails to a degree. But in the cartoon, it seemed like a ploy to downplay her character.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Infinity VS.jpg
    Wait, Infinity is alive again? I thought she went to the Far Shore with the other Marvel Multiverses to keep The First Firmament imprisoned at the edge of all things.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I like ponytails to a degree. But in the cartoon, it seemed like a ploy to downplay her character.
    Quite a leap from a simple hairstyle choice. I was happy to see a headlock given actual functionality beyond framing a character's face.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Phoenix aint got no time to lower herself to the level of cosmic entities... :-P
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Phoenix aint got no time to lower herself to the level of cosmic entities... :-P
    That was CC's Revolution era. I actually enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I love how the sisters' story lines come together.

Ewing noted in Defenders Beyond that the Phoenix Force was the primordial flame, dissipating and balancing the primordial darkness.

In ROTPOX #2, it is revealed that the White Hot Room began to go dark due to Jean/ Phoenix's serious injury.

Apparently, what Storm will be dealing with in ROM#3 is the consequences of Phoenix's serious injuries - dark creatures that start to haunt after losing their light suppression.
    This is wonderfully poetic.

Between Jean's wingtip shoulder action...
    This made me cackle and then smile. 🥹

Quote Originally Posted by brightnessatmidnight View Post
    With the Eternity reveal, I'm now definitely thinking it's not a coincidence that Gillen is using the title X-men Forever now.
    Gillen did mention in an interview that he recently re-read the original X-Men Forever (2001).

Bete Noir, the Adversary, the Shadow King, Annihilation, the First Fallen, the Goblin Force.

I think they meant that of them, Bete Noir was said to be an ancient enemy of the Phoenix, and both First Fallen and Goblin Force were said to be in some way it's opposites.
    I can buy figurative opposites, but neither of those beings is in any way Phoenix's equal. Besides, as I noted before, Phoenix both begets and destroys, conceives and consumes life.

Yep. For anyone who hasn't figured it out, that infernal realm Storm is in is part of the Qliphoth, dark opposing realms of the Holy Sefirot on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Death. That is something Jean/Phoenix and increasingly parts of the Marvel Universe have been connected to for decades of stories. The appearance of those entities there and that conversation set them up as Dark Dragons of the realms of the Qliphoth, what some call demons.

The Phoenix in that structure parallels that of the Archangel Michael, while the Great Dragon of the of the Qliphoth is the Fallen Archangel Lucifer, also known as Satan. It's likely that Jean's new costume reflects her ultimate role as the Archphoenix...
    I think Jean is a little more than an "Archphoenix." If anything, that role is Hope's. Rachel is with mama.

Thanks for that! I hadn't seen the human form design. Glad to see she is dancing with Eternity instead of Sinister...
    You're welcome!

Infinity VS.jpg
    She's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think the ponytail will work in this series, although I also think Jean will be sporting it only during flashbacks.

Amen!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

God. Why can’t we get imaginative designs like this? Emma and Storm have so much fun design wise and this style reminds me completely of them. While I ain’t looking for Jean to be an exact femme fatale like them, I cannot deny there are some stylings I would not mind borrowing for Jean.

Art by TiamatAkaTakhisis on Deviantart.

I can’t lie. Red is my favorite color, so I will have a bias. But I still vouch for the mindset this red one brings.

Art by KvRosen on Reddit.

These are a lot bolder designs. Less safe. This is the kinda thing I want to see in designing costumes, ergo why I supported the pointed shoulder pad thing on Jean’s upcoming Phoenix costume variant. It at least is doing something new for Jean……barely.

Spectacular Member

Gillen did mention in an interview that he recently re-read the original X-Men Forever (2001).
    Excuse me, do you have a link to the interview where Gillen said he read the original X-Men Forever?

Art by TiamatAkaTakhisis on Deviantart.
    Oh. I love this. And this isn't even my style or something I would ordinarily choose for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Excuse me, do you have a link to the interview where Gillen said he read the original X-Men Forever?
    Iirc, Gillen mentions it here:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

You know...As Thee Phoenix, I won't be mad at all if they take her out of the X-Men team setting entirely and place her in Marvel's Cosmic Universe. It does make a certain very logical sense to go in that direction.
    It makes sense for a fully-powered Jean as Phoenix to be in a Cosmic Team (leading it, actually!).

But I also want my Jean Grey Omega Mutant in the X-Men too!

Yeah, I want it ALL when it comes to Jean, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I wish I could write more, but I’m rushing to school to finish a paper, so screenshots and a quote will have to do for now.

Newly revealed design for Eternity by Valerio Schiti for Hickman’s G.O.D.S.:

Hickman on the driving force behind G.O.D.S.:

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/24/ma...athan-hickman/

LOVING it! As you knew I would, Mercury! :HUGS:!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!