Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Not really.

But would you ask that of Thor's fans if his hair was black?

Or of Cyclops fans if his optic blasts were yellow?

Like I said, I'm more concerned with her not fainting/tripping, but I'd prefer if her eyes were green and her psychic energy was pink, because I don't see Jean's characteristics as any less important than any other character. I also want Hulk to be green and Wolverine to have blue eyes.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to ask if I'd be asking that of Thor's fans if his eye color was changed to brown? I don't know what color Thor's eyes are, I'm assuming blue...either way it seems like a relatively inconsequential change. Cyclops' beams have been portrayed as red like, 99% of the time across all media -- you can't say the same for Jean's powers being depicted pink. It's the definition of comic book fanboy/girl/other griping about something no other audience member would ever think to care about or want to change, in a medium that is not the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    As a fan of the character, there are several reasons to not want this archaic BS to be the main depiction of the character moving forward, including the lame (and incorrect) design.

This is THE Jean. It's not an AU. Comic department follows the film/TV department. So you can get it, let's think about some characters you like; you wouldn't want Cyclops and Emma colored incorrectly or made ineffective for laughs constantly. Of course some Jean fans feel the same about their fave.
    You have not seen the show, you have no idea whether or not it'll be archaic. Jean's weak 90s TAS depiction would absolutely not fly in today's social climate and Marvel (today) seems to be the kind of company who'd take care to correct that in '97, so I'm not particularly worried. If she's constantly fainting and getting overwhelmed by her powers in '97, I'll eat my words.

Also, Jean is my favorite character...that doesn't mean I'm going to get up in arms about any AU depiction not matching the 616 comic depiction entirely. I have the 616 comics to read if I'm desperate to see Jean use pink powers.
    Last edited by davetvs; 02-04-2024 at 02:20 PM.

Nothing compares to Jean's power signature in X-men Evolution. Timeless, simple, clean and perfect SFX (both TK and TP).

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to ask if I'd be asking that of Thor's fans if his eye color was changed to brown? I don't know what color Thor's eyes are, I'm assuming blue...either way it seems like a relatively inconsequential change. Cyclops' beams have been portrayed as red like, 99% of the time across all media -- you can't say the same for Jean's powers being depicted pink. It's the definition of comic book fanboy/girl/other griping about something no other audience member would ever think to care about or want to change, in a medium that is not the comics.
    But that's exactly the problem, isn't it? Why shouldn't the colors associated with Jean's hair, eyes and powers be consistent?

Why can some characters have consistent depictions but not others? Why can't Jean be one of them?

I'd prefer if *every* character had that, but like I said twice already, it's not my main concern. For me, depicting Jean as competent and useful is *much* more important.

Because there's no rule that Jean's powers be colored pink across all mediums or that every multiversal incarnation of the character has to look the same. Asking for "consistency" from alternate-universe versions of characters is a bit odd, especially while simultaneously hoping the character gets a personality transplant and is thus inconsistently portrayed across TAS - '97.

Because there's no rule that Jean's powers be colored pink across all mediums or that every multiversal incarnation of the character has to look the same. Asking for "consistency" from alternate-universe versions of characters is a bit odd, especially while simultaneously hoping the character gets a personality transplant and is thus inconsistently portrayed across TAS - '97.
    I'm not asking. It's a preference.

BANNED

You have not seen the show, you have no idea whether or not it'll be archaic. Jean's weak 90s TAS depiction would absolutely not fly in today's social climate and Marvel (today) seems to be the kind of company who'd take care to correct that in '97, so I'm not particularly worried. If she's constantly fainting and getting overwhelmed by her powers in '97, I'll eat my words.

Also, Jean is my favorite character...that doesn't mean I'm going to get up in arms about any AU depiction not matching the 616 comic depiction entirely. I have the 616 comics to read if I'm desperate to see Jean use pink powers.
    You have the 616 comics now.

So did Inhumans Kamala fans.

And as suspected and expected being that you are a fan, changing laser man's lasers to yellow would annoy you.

Kitty, come on. Just because a person disagrees, it doesn't mean they're not a fan.

Fantastic Member

I did a rewatch of the OG X-Men cartoon and I know Jean gets a lot of flack for the orgasm cries and the "Scott's" but I forgot how much I liked Jeans dry quips. In "A Rogues Tale" when Mystique is stalking Rogue in disguise as Ms. Marvel and Jean researched footage and came to Scott Rogue and the others and said she has been combing through news footage and the woman Rogue identified "really gets around." Or when the X-mendefeated Mr. Sinister and the Nasty Boys and Cyclops shattered Sinister into pieces and "Brainchild was trying to gather the shards, Jean gathered them all and scattered them with a "It'll be a while before he gets himself back together." I think TXAS is my favorite animated Jean because she I found EVO Jean void of personality. Really hoping for good things for Jean in the upcoming X-men 97.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

So it looks like the covers for the last issues of Rise and Fall will be shown this month as well as issue 3 of Forever. Any chance that Jean will appear on them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    So it looks like the covers for the last issues of Rise and Fall will be shown this month as well as issue 3 of Forever. Any chance that Jean will appear on them?
    Apparently xmen forever 4 is also going to be released in may.

Just wanted to pop in and say I miss Jean.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I miss Jean.
    We too, Gene. We're about to start fighting about the dress again! :P

Grab your glass and join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    We too, Gene. We're about to start fighting about the dress again! :P

Grab your glass and join us.
    LoL! I have a nice cup of hot tea with lemon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LoL! I have a nice cup of hot tea with lemon.
    Here, hon.

I think I'll need some stronger in my cup! :D

Just popping in briefly to share Weapon X-Men #1 pages and some art. I have school work to do, so I'll read and respond to posts later.

Another facet of Jean’s psyche—a psyche that transcends spacetime and exists as an omniversal force in its own right—has emerged bedecked in lilac. What mysteries will it reveal about our inimitable and indomitable redhead? 👀

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."