Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think they published it at the right time. She will be pivotal and central during the climax to Fall of X. The long wait between her mini and said climax will be just right in hindsight.

Oh, honey, really? We've been here before. She's rebuilt her body from wisps of ashes multiple times.

Interestingly enough, the intro to the original series had her manifesting a blue and pink power signature. It would be great if she did the same in the actual series. I wouldn't be surprised if Beau asked for this, actually...

Aw! She's with us, love. She's traversing timelines, engaging in psionic trysts with her husband, and preparing for the grand finale!

I love them, too. But I also love her marriage to Scott. My ideal situation would include (or would have included?) her breaking up with Scott to be with Logan for a while. Actually, that's what I would have had her do during New X-Men. Even still, I'm glad she was allowed to consummate her relationship with Logan during this era. I think it was an important development for her, one that can be mined later on.

Hi, love! Yes, I can see what you mean! They're gorgeous pieces, for sure. And I have the strongest suspicion Jean's appearance in X-Men '97 will be more akin to that fan-made video than the original series... :hug:

This is basically Claremont's view, and I agree with it. It reminds me of this conversation, too.

You're welcome, love! It does!

What PhoenixStudies and the Claremont's Classic X-Men page say below.

"You are where she came from, don't you yet understand?...The Phoenix is neither being nor entity (as you perceive such things)...it is a FORCE. The sum and substance of ALL THAT LIVES...Your unique gift is to be the one capable of wielding that force. It came to you, Jean--as it will in time to your children--because, like the sword Excalibur was to King Arthur...it is yours by RIGHT."

Jean was just deflecting lasers in the animated series intro not manifesting pink energy

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

To lighten the mood, here's some beautiful Dauterman art with Jean in her Jim Lee redesign. It's amazing how much I love this new version.

This is amazing. Jean, in particular, is the highlight.

The Jim Lee costume looks much better in the orange and blue, than the yellow and blue IMO. I don't mind the yellow, but the orange just seems to work more.

I also appreciate the green eyes, and pink energy. I know this was discussed earlier, but I still think its strange that TAS didn't incorporate those elements into Jean's character. TAS tried hard to be faithful to the source material, and I always thought the liberties they took with Jean's design to be odd (though I can still appreciate them).

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Duggan already used that line with Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Duggan already used that line with Kitty
    It is actually quite out of character for her and just born out of hopelessness……

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

There was a debate on the morals of Polaris' attack in the preview thread so it's quite refreshing to see that Polaris was willing to spare civilians.

And this must be the fourth time that Cyclops has mentioned Jean in captivity. I was fearing a fakeout for Jean's involvement but with her having been brought up so many times it doesn't really look like the case. Plus Duggan seems to like Jean a lot and so does JDW so it looks a bit more certain that good things are coming for Jean.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

For Valentine’s Day.
    An old one, but one I’m fond of.
    IMG_4061.jpg

Thanks, Bruno!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    For Valentine’s Day.
    An old one, but one I’m fond of.
    IMG_4061.jpg
    Super cute

uff, no action for her, only pregnancy....very pregnant actually. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3Ss8o9gGQ

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

At least there's an actual mdical reason to now explain why she always passes out

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Was ready for her redemption from the poor portrayal in the original series that still taints the character’s perception to this day. This aint it!

Is it really that difficult to have a Jean that is not a weakling? Starting the cartoon with her pregnant, really? This is why X-men Evolution is so much better than the classic one.

But I hope I'm wrong. I need to be wrong.

I'm so excited to see Jean and Maddie in action!!!!