Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1572
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They may not have been sure but the Phoenix Force most definitely would have. It doesnt make sense for the PF to have been duped by some Sinister clone. Really the only time for the switch to have worked would it to have occurred after the second wedding when Sinister kidnapped Jean in season 4. Im with whitecrown on there. Jean was barely in season 5 so it wouldnt mess with too much of the OG series if they go that route
    Honestly, I don't think "messing with too much of the OG series would really" will really stop these writers. They could have easily clarify Jean was kidnapped in the timeskip after the OG series ended, but they decided to make things ambigous.

Phoenix could know Jean Grey was a clone (even a clone created by Sinister), but I don't think this would have stopped her. In the animation, she needed Jean for a pretty specific mission with the M'kraan Crystal.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-24-2024 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think "messing with too much of the OG series would really" will really stop these writers.

Phoenix could know Jean Grey was a clone, but I don't think this would have stopped her. In the animation, she needed Jean for a pretty specific mission with the M'kraan Crystal.
    I don't think Beau would do that. He's too big a fan of Jean to retcon that everything we ever saw of her in the show was really just a clone and all her important moments were taken away. The only reason I can see any writer doing that is if they disliked TAS characterization of her constantly fainting and wanted to explain why that was, but it doesn't gel since the real Jean's first appearance in 97 ended with her fainting too.

Also, just because Maddie and Jean share memories of the Phoenix doesn't mean Maddie was Phoenix. They both share memories of Annie Richardson. That doesn't mean Jean was swapped out at age 10. Their blurred memories fit with how Maddie in the comics had all of Jean's memories too (including Annie) and even the Betsy/Kwannon drama where nobody could confirm who was the real Psylocke. Not psychically, not with Logan's senses, etc. and their memories were also both merged and jumbled up. I don't think we're supposed to read into anything further than that besides that Maddie was essentially a Jean duplicate in every way but she has something the real Jean doesn't have which is motherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I don't think Beau would do that. He's too big a fan of Jean to retcon that everything we ever saw of her in the show was really just a clone and all her important moments were taken away. The only reason I can see any writer doing that is if they disliked TAS characterization of her constantly fainting and wanted to explain why that was, but it doesn't gel since the real Jean's first appearance in 97 ended with her fainting too.

Also, just because Maddie and Jean share memories of the Phoenix doesn't mean Maddie was Phoenix. They both share memories of Annie Richardson. That doesn't mean Jean was swapped out at age 10. Their blurred memories fit with how Maddie in the comics had all of Jean's memories too (including Annie) and even the Betsy/Kwannon drama where nobody could confirm who was the real Psylocke. Not psychically, not with Logan's senses, etc. and their memories were also both merged and jumbled up. I don't think we're supposed to read into anything further than that besides that Maddie was essentially a Jean duplicate in every way but she has something the real Jean doesn't have which is motherhood.
    Tru, plus i think it works best if Sinister got her DNA for the first time in season 2 after the fake wedding. I dont think Jean had ever encountered him before then. He uses that DNA to create his clone and then makes the switch in season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    We did get Kid Stryfe. He was annoying so Rachel yeeted him.

To be fair, Stryfe as a character is always annoying in my personal opinion. The one character I will never respect, no matter who keeps vouching for him. I have never seen a more useless pile of trash than this walking 90’s villain cliche abomination.

Definitely not. Like I said, this was only her moment in the sense that she's never been allowed to be powerful onscreen in the show unless she was Phoenix. This "moment" was making up for the past few decades since the show started with her being wasted.

Her real time is coming. Dark Phoenix has been in pretty much all the opening themes so far. Storm and Magneto were confirmed as omega-level mutants, but Jean hasn't so far. Don't forget who beats Bastion in X-Men: Next Dimension.
    If I’m not correct, it’s three timelines.

1) Magneto defeats Bastion. Everyone goes home.

2) Bastion defeats Magneto. Jean beats Bastion after styling on him with an epic back-flip Phoenix Raptor summon.

3) Bastion defeats Magneto. Jean beats Bastion after styling on him with an epic back-flip Phoenix Raptor summon. Bastion kills Cyclops. Dark Phoenix kills everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Tru, plus i think it works best if Sinister got her DNA for the first time in season 2 after the fake wedding. I dont think Jean had ever encountered him before then. He uses that DNA to create his clone and then makes the switch in season 4.
    Agreed here. It's very significant that at both her weddings, she was instantly kidnapped by Sinister. The comics also never explained how Sinister got access to Jean's genetics even though he couldn't get his hands on her.

I have a feeling that Sinister will be the one to confirm that Jean is an omega-level mutant in one of these last three episodes. I'm seeing on Twitter that people are asking Beau when Jean's reveal will be. And let's also not forget that in the original show, Sinister's wife was Jean's ancestor. All these multimedia projects with Sinister seem really intent on establishing him as a family man since the Wolverine game makes him a father. I don't know if Sinister's family ties with Jean and Xavier from his origin episode will be addressed or not, but right now, only Xavier would know about it from the X-Men's side and I imagine we'll see him confront Sinister. The origin episode confirmed that the great mission in Xavier's life, as passed down to him by his ancestors, was finding and defeating Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    To be fair, Stryfe as a character is always annoying in my personal opinion. The one character I will never respect, no matter who keeps vouching for him. I have never seen a more useless pile of trash than this walking 90’s villain cliche abomination.
    LOL. I know originally he was supposed to be a woman. Giving him Cable's face was a last-minute change to ensure that New Mutants readers would tune-in for X-Force. The 90s X-Men comic from Secret Wars actually had Cassandra Nova in Stryfe's armor, maybe as a throwback to that original plan.

The Red Dragon

Agreed here. It's very significant that at both her weddings, she was instantly kidnapped by Sinister. The comics also never explained how Sinister got access to Jean's genetics even though he couldn't get his hands on her.

I have a feeling that Sinister will be the one to confirm that Jean is an omega-level mutant in one of these last three episodes. I'm seeing on Twitter that people are asking Beau when Jean's reveal will be. And let's also not forget that in the original show, Sinister's wife was Jean's ancestor. All these multimedia projects with Sinister seem really intent on establishing him as a family man since the Wolverine game makes him a father. I don't know if Sinister's family ties with Jean and Xavier from his origin episode will be addressed or not, but right now, only Xavier would know about it from the X-Men's side and I imagine we'll see him confront Sinister. The origin episode confirmed that the great mission in Xavier's life, as passed down to him by his ancestors, was finding and defeating Sinister.
    There was always this.

IMG_4545.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    There was always this.

IMG_4545.jpg
    The WildCATS crossover, yes.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I really like how today had both the comic where 616 Jean was reborn and the episode that gave 97 Jean one of her biggest TK feats yet outside the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I really like how today had both the comic where 616 Jean was reborn and the episode that gave 97 Jean one of her biggest TK feats yet outside the Phoenix.
    A few years ago I made this video in response to the "Jean Grey is unless" video.

I plan on doing one for X-Men 97.

So we got the coming of 'Jean Grey's greatest enemy' set up in the last Jean Grey mini-series and the final issues of Immortal X-Men.

We got the 'Black Cold Room', which sits opposite the WHR on the Tree of Life and Death, set up in the Resurrection of Magneto mini-series along with some of the "oppositional forces to the Phoenix", and "how it could fit with the larger narrative being told" and specifically mentioning X-Men Forever all of which Al Ewing talks about in his Blog:

https://al-ewing-writes-comics.ghost.io/200324/

Al Ewing: People have already seen the preview of this - well, it's Wednesday, people have already seen the whole comic. But the preview involves a bit of housecleaning on my part - as part of trying to get my head around what this series would be and how it could fit with the larger narrative being told (also out today: X-Men Forever #1!) I did a bit of research on the various "oppositional forces to the Phoenix" we've seen on-panel. I'd heard that the Shadow King was originally intended to be one of these by Claremont, but I'd been made aware of others that had filled that niche since, such as the Goblin Force. Were there any others? Turns out the answer is yes. Did I get them all? Who even knows. The oppositional forces to the Phoenix can be plural, but for the purposes of the larger story they should probably be coherently arranged.

(No Tiger God, though. My gut said he didn't fit - I'll give that some more thought if they ever ask me for AvX II.)
    spoilers:
    Now they have hit upon the brilliant idea of ending the Phoenix! Even for a moment, that they are going to end the Sacred Fire that keeps the Eternal Darkness at bay and balances the Tree of Life and Death!?
    end of spoilers

Madness!!! They know not what they do!

I suspect they were ALL manipulated into this. Sinister/Enigma, Mother Righteous, Xavier, Orchis, the Dominions and countless others. All with this end goal in mind...

Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    A few years ago I made this video in response to the "Jean Grey is unless" video.

I plan on doing one for X-Men 97.
    Love Evo Jean! The sound her powers made had me obsessed. Love the sound they make in 97 too

All he needs for a generic template is some hair, and people lose strands of hair all the time. All he needed is to get his grubby hands on one, and he has her genetic code. An unnamed agent or even guy susceptible to a bribe in the Hellfire club (in the comics) and he has his material.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    All he needs for a generic template is some hair, and people lose strands of hair all the time. All he needed is to get his grubby hands on one, and he has her genetic code. An unnamed agent or even guy susceptible to a bribe in the Hellfire club (in the comics) and he has his material.
    Yes, that's true. Once Xavier was in the picture, it wasn't possible for him to kill Jean's family and steal her but he'd likely still get an opportunity to hire someone to pillage genetic material like her hair.