Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Well, there's also the theory that there isn't any Maddie and Jean will be the Goblyn Queen herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wasnt saying that her hair is bad. I dont mind it but if thats intended to be Maddie, the hair is a dead give away. Thats her hairstyle and considering Jan is also seen with a ponytail, it appears that the speculation that Ponytail Jean is real Jean and hair down Jean is Maddie, may in fact be true. The hairstyle was Maddie's signature look i the 80s and the main thing used to differentiate them back when they were shown drawn together (and when both personas were inhabiting jean's body post-Inferno) It doesnt feel like a coincidence
    Hmm, I wonder. The '97 look isn't the most obvious Maddie, but you could be on to something. I remember when the '97 Jean figure first came out I was like, they did Jean's hair weird...

Side note: I don't think I've ever heard why the '92 animators decided to give Jean the ponytail out of nowhere lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The hairstyle talk about differentiating Jean and Maddie reminds me of that Post-Inferno period where Jean/Maddie/Phoenix "personalities" were all floating around the same body and Paul Smith would use subtle (or not so..) hair changes to indicate which persona was speaking...
    Pretty funny how the bangs just appear when it's Maddie!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Side note: I don't think I've ever heard why the '92 animators decided to give Jean the ponytail out of nowhere lol.
    I think the writers said something along the lines of "She's supposed to be a more kind girl next door character unlike Storm and Rogue" on an interview

Hmm, I wonder. The '97 look isn't the most obvious Maddie, but you could be on to something. I remember when the '97 Jean figure first came out I was like, they did Jean's hair weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the writers said something along the lines of "She's supposed to be a more kind girl next door character unlike Storm and Rogue" on an interview

from the horses mouth:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0dRYah..._web_copy_link

It's tomorrow? Wow time flies lmao at the show bringing back the psionic form before the comics but in blue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    hmm that page seems to be gone, but thanks!

EDIT: omg I think that page blocked me lol. And because I had the nerve to ask them once a long time ago to credit an artist on one of their posts!
    Last edited by superjosh; 03-19-2024 at 06:50 PM.

hmm that page seems to be gone, but thanks!

EDIT: omg I think that page blocked me lol. And because I had the nerve to ask them once a long time ago to credit an artist on one of their posts!
    Wow, that is so petty. Yeah seems you are blocked as that page is definitely still active

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The Scott/Jean/Logan Love Triangle returns? More at Eleven.

(A new look at Jean and Wolverine was posted up on X)

Then that's definitely Jean. Madeline doesn't like Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    It's tomorrow? Wow time flies lmao at the show bringing back the psionic form before the comics but in blue
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Then that's definitely Jean. Madeline doesn't like Logan.
    To be fair, ongoing theory is that this Maddie thinks she is Jean. There should be no dichotomy in personality based around it.

Spoilers for the first 2 episodes of X-Men '97:
    spoilers:
    I'm surprised Nathan was born and the clone plot already starts in episode 2. I don't think the clone will be called "Madelyne Pryor." She seems to believe she's Jean and has Jean's memories. She had a couple moments talking about specific events from the past, so she probably believes she's really Jean.

While the show could switch it up by having it really be Jean who gave birth to Nathan, and the clone is the one who appears at the end, I doubt this. Mr. Sinister's whole motivation in the show was Scott and Jean's genetics; replacing Jean with a clone he can control so he can get their progeny makes the most sense. In some ways, this feels like an even greater violation to Jean than what happened in the comics, since the clone actually took her place.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I feel like this is the first time in years we've gotten something like this from them, and maybe the only time I can think of in other media where the creators thought it was worth it to elaborate on their friendship. It's one of the things I hate about X-men comics, the guys ALWAYS are given multidimensional relationship, Ororo and Jean's relationship need more moments like this.
    It just dawned on me that this is the first media portrayal of Jean and Ororo's friendship...like wow. I mean they have a scene together in X2 while piloting the X-Jet and meeting Kurt, but it's more banter than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm surprised Nathan was born and the clone plot already starts in episode 2. I don't think the clone will be called "Madelyne Pryor." She seems to believe she's Jean and has Jean's memories. She had a couple moments talking about specific events from the past, so she probably believes she's really Jean.

While the show could switch it up by having it really be Jean who gave birth to Nathan, and the clone is the one who appears at the end, I doubt this. Mr. Sinister's whole motivation in the show was Scott and Jean's genetics; replacing Jean with a clone he can control so he can get their progeny makes the most sense. In some ways, this feels like an even greater violation to Jean than what happened in the comics, since the clone actually took her place.
    end of spoilers
    I was also surprised that spoilers:
    they introduced the two Jeans right off the bat and had baby Nathan born so quickly. I figured his birth wouldn't come until the end of the season.
    end of spoilers

Something to keep in mind is that Sinister's origin, the penultimate episode of the original series, was said to be super important for this new show. That they left his origin at the end of the series for a reason for future plans. In that episode, it was established that Sinister's wife was Rebecca Grey and his experiments were to heal her from a disease and the cure he came up with her is what gave him immortality. Rebecca doesn't resemble Jean though so she can't be the other Jean, but it would be interesting if she's connected to all this. Especially if that means that Jean's family lineage descends not only from Rebecca but also from Sinister. It would be a real shock if the baby's father turned out to be not Scott but Sinister, as a way of having the child he would have had before Xavier's ancestor sought to destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Didn't the 90s Spider-Man show have a similar storyline with Mary Jane?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    spoilers:
    Didn't the 90s Spider-Man show have a similar storyline with Mary Jane?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah. Technically, the first retcon to revive Jean makes the Dark Phoenix Saga to have a pretty similar storyline.