Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Dark phoenix saga was told in like 10 months we at about 7 months with the jean teases. And it feels like that is all it is, teases that will end up with literally one issue of something actually happening.
    THIS! Jean was an active participant throughout the DP. It was a story about her. Fall of X is not about Jean and she's spent most of it as a vegetable. She's going to come into play eventually but yeah lets not compare her utilization in DP to this. Scenes of her drooling and mumbling incoherent phrases for a few panels aint it

At this point, it definitely feels like Jean is just getting prepared to become a big deus-ex-machina-moment in the last issue...the power level of rewriting timelines in the White Hot Room will never last.

Great, that the author confirmed (again) what many fans of us already know from previous versions of the character, but Jean should be an active part of the story that is being told to get me personally excited about what is going on.

I was supposed to get my JG mini series trade today, but Amazon don’t know where it is or when I’ll get it. Am not a happy bunny! I may try and get it from “local” comic book shop and cancel my Amazon order.

Jean is seemingly still yet pulsing and rumbling with life like the primal force she was always meant to be. Her rise will be glorious.

In other news, there are rumblings of a book…not sure if it's a solo or team book, though I've heard the latter. I can't help but think of this:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean is seemingly still yet pulsing and rumbling with life like the primal force she was always meant to be. Her rise will be glorious.

In other news, there are rumblings of a book…not sure if it's a solo or team book, though I've heard the latter. I can't help but think of this:

how often can a character "rise" in a glorious way in a circular motion? lol Will Jean EVER stop rising towards glory and just BE glorious?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    how often can a character "rise" in a glorious way in a circular motion? lol Will Jean EVER stop rising towards glory and just BE glorious?
    Dying and rising is par for the course for a true Phoenix.

I have done it again.
    One year in every ten
    I manage it——

A sort of walking miracle
    , my skin
    Bright as a Nazi lampshade,
    My right foot

A paperweight,
    My face a featureless, fine
    Jew linen.

Peel off the napkin
    O my enemy.
    Do I terrify?——

The nose, the eye pits, the full set of teeth?
    The sour breath
    Will vanish in a day.

Soon, soon the flesh
    The grave cave ate will be
    At home on me

And I a smiling woman.
    I am only thirty.
    And like the cat I have nine times to die.

This is Number Three.
    What a trash
    To annihilate each decade.

What a million filaments.
    The peanut-crunching crowd
    Shoves in to see

Them unwrap me hand and foot——
    The big strip tease.
    Gentlemen, ladies

These are my hands
    My knees.
    I may be skin and bone,

Nevertheless, I am the same, identical woman.
    The first time it happened I was ten.
    It was an accident.

The second time I meant
    To last it out and not come back at all.
    I rocked shut

As a seashell.
    They had to call and call
    And pick the worms off me like sticky pearls.

Dying
    Is an art, like everything else.
    I do it exceptionally well.

I do it so it feels like hell.
    I do it so it feels real.
    I guess you could say I’ve a call.

It’s easy enough to do it in a cell.
    It’s easy enough to do it and stay put.
    It’s the theatrical

Comeback in broad day
    To the same place, the same face, the same brute
    Amused shout:

‘A miracle!’
    That knocks me out.
    There is a charge

For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge
    For the hearing of my heart——
    It really goes.

And there is a charge, a very large charge
    For a word or a touch
    Or a bit of blood

Or a piece of my hair or my clothes.
    So, so, Herr Doktor.
    So, Herr Enemy.

I am your opus,
    I am your valuable,
    The pure gold baby

That melts to a shriek.
    I turn and burn.
    Do not think I underestimate your great concern.

Ash, ash—
    You poke and stir.
    Flesh, bone, there is nothing there——

A cake of soap,
    A wedding ring,
    A gold filling.

Herr God, Herr Lucifer
    Beware
    Beware.

Out of the ash
    I rise with my red hair
    And I eat men like air.

Sylvia Plath, Lady Lazarus
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Not Sylvia Plath lmfao

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

You know something about the post-Krakoa era? I saw that glimpse from tomorrow's Women of Marvel comic and I didn't see Jean in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    You know something about the post-Krakoa era? I saw that glimpse from tomorrow's Women of Marvel comic and I didn't see Jean in it.
    Jean is in the low profile era
    X Men 97, Krakoa, Post Krakoa... She's there but no one knows what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Dark phoenix saga was told in like 10 months we at about 7 months with the jean teases. And it feels like that is all it is, teases that will end up with literally one issue of something actually happening.
    Not that all sagas have to be equal in length, but that’s not really true. The seeds of Jean’s transformation into Dark Phoenix lasted longer than that. We’re in the middle of a story being told, and how we get there is just as important as the ending. Listen, I want the end game as well, but I’ll let it play out. As much as I like to binge a good tv show, I know that episodes given one at a time are savored more. Because when you rush through everything at once, you will miss a lot along the way. My advice would be to take a break from reading X-men comics if the storyline isn’t moving fast enough. Then come back when the full meal is prepared. Doesn’t mean you’ll enjoy it, but at least you’ll be eating and not waiting.
    Last edited by SugarMan; 02-27-2024 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Not that all sagas have to be equal in length, but that’s not really true. The seeds of Jean’s transformation into Dark Phoenix lasted longer than that. We’re in the middle of a story being told, and how we get there is just as important as the ending. Listen, I want the end game as well, but I’ll let it play out. As much as I like to binge a good tv show, I know that episodes given one at a time are savored more. Because when you rush through everything at once, you will miss a lot along the way. My advice would be to take a break from reading X-men comics if the storyline isn’t moving fast enough. Then come back when the full meal is prepared. Doesn’t mean you’ll enjoy it, but at least you’ll be eating and not waiting.
    yes it is true. Dark Phoenix Saga was UXM 129-138. That was the story. Little seeds shown in a panel here and there helped build context but arent part of that meat as those were stuff happening in the background of other actual stories being told. It didnt really shape into a story till Claremont kicked it into high gear with UXM 129

The stuff with Jean now is part of the larger Fall of X storyline which began with the Hellfire Gala last year. Beause of how expansive the line is now compared to back then, stories are just told differently. The stuff with Jea has been an ever present plotline though as its not a seperate storyline but just a piece in a much larger narrative. And another major difference is that th DPS was about Jean. FoX is not.

I will say this: If what I've heard is true, I will revel in it. Like...WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Not Sylvia Plath lmfao
    Plath and Whitman all day, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I wouldn't take that page seriously. For starters, Wolverine is buried in the back of a panel, and we know that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    I really love your insights and overall calm and thoughtfulness, SugarMan. You're a breath of fresh air in this thread and forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes it is true. Dark Phoenix Saga was UXM 129-138. That was the story. Little seeds shown in a panel here and there helped build context but arent part of that meat as those were stuff happening in the background of other actual stories being told. It didnt really shape into a story till Claremont kicked it into high gear with UXM 129

The stuff with Jean now is part of the larger Fall of X storyline which began with the Hellfire Gala last year. Beause of how expansive the line is now compared to back then, stories are just told differently. The stuff with Jea has been an ever present plotline though as its not a seperate storyline but just a piece in a much larger narrative. And another major difference is that th DPS was about Jean. FoX is not.

Good points!

I will say this: If what I've heard is true, I will revel in it. Like...WOW.

Plath and Whitman all day, baby.
    I know it will be GOOD!

Yes indeed.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know it will be GOOD!

Yes indeed.
    A friend said these words could be from X-Men Forever. The dialogue here is nothing short of glorious.

It better be. Im sick of Jean being chained up like a dog