Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1508

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Wonder if he’s actually an ally or a villain in the book
    That is Eternity, the embodiments of the Marvel Omniverse. He is usually an ally of the heroes.

When it came to Jean Xmen '97 PISSED me off

spoilers:
    Beau adapted the Morrison run. Jean kisses Logan and Scott is revealed to still share a psychic rapport with Maddie whom he's been secretly connecting. Jean came across as a big hypocrite and this was enough fuel for people that already hate her
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

spoilers:
    Beau adapted the Morrison run. Jean kisses Logan and Scott is revealed to still share a psychic rapport with Maddie whom he's been secretly connecting. Jean came across as a big hypocrite and this was enough fuel for people that already hate her
    end of spoilers

Yeah I didn't like that they went there already

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    But that is what happened in the comics. lol

The frustrating thing about being a Jean fan is if she is miss perfect, people hate on her for it. But if she has flaws, those same people hate on her for it too!

Personally, I think in the comics and the cartoon, they had both Jean and Scott have minor indiscretions (a kiss, a psychic affair) so both would be in the wrong and fans wouldn't demonize one over the other. Yet we still do it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

The frustrating thing about being a Jean fan is if she is miss perfect, people hate on her for it. But if she has flaws, those same people hate on her for it too!

Personally, I think in the comics and the cartoon, they had both Jean and Scott have minor indiscretions (a kiss, a psychic affair) so both would be in the wrong and fans wouldn't demonize one over the other. Yet we still do it anyways.
    and it was BS in the comics too and i hate that this series is doubleing down on this mess. Just bc something happned in the comics doesnt mean it should happen again bc we all know the comics have produced some terrible material. Like do we want to see some episods adapted from Austen's run just bc they happened in the books?

Jean looked far worse here than Scott. She was a hypocrite and lacked the empathy she is known for. She came across ugly in this episode and I hate that for her. Scott is the one I felt more for, not her.

and it was BS in the comics too and i hate that this series is doubleing down on this mess. Just bc something happned in the comics doesnt mean it should happen again bc we all know the comics have produced some terrible material. Like do we want to see some episods adapted from Austen's run just bc they happened in the books?

Jean looked far worse here than Scott. She was a hypocrite and lacked the empathy she is known for. She came across ugly in this episode and I hate that for her. Scott is the one I felt more for, not her.
    He didn't adapt everything from the comics he made a deliberate choice. He essentially removed Emma from two of her biggest storylines and that was a choice but he didn't need to go down that route given the liberties already taken.

Jean kissing Logan when she's with Scott happened multiple times with multiple writers. So it's part of her established history.

The guy is grieving bc he just lost his kid. It was a dick move on her part to do no matter how anyone wants to slice it. The timing here given the context of what just happened is worse. Thats where the lack of empathy comes in. There isnt much for Maddie either who has also suffered quite a few losses. Jean was selfish and hypocritical in the worse way.

The guy is grieving bc he just lost his kid. It was a dick move on her part to do no matter how anyone wants to slice it. The timing here given the context of what just happened is worse. Thats where the lack of empathy comes in. There isnt much for Maddie either who has also suffered quite a few losses. Jean was selfish and hypocritical in the worse way.
    That's kind of what happened in X-Factor at least 3 times after she kept blaming Madeleyne for Scotts insanity. Because she went through the siege perilous

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean showed empathy toward maddie at the end of episode 3. She is very compassionate but also has a fiery temper. Both Jean and Maddie have demonstrated both sides in this show. Sometimes they feel sympathy for the other and sometimes they are angry at the other. Its understandable, imho.

The Red Dragon

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yep. This soured the episode for me. Not to mention this Jean still comes off as just a blank slate used for Maddie and Cyclops’ development. That and the fainting in the first 3 episodes makes me really dislike it.

They’re both wrong, but Jean comes off way worse.
    Last edited by Tank; 04-10-2024 at 08:15 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't understand. In the context of the show...Didn't Scott just break up with his wife (of clearly more than 9 months) who turned demon on him? How is Jean Kissing Logan somehow reprehensible and a stain on her character? They weren't together.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

They also mention that they were avoiding each other and is he not legally married to Madeylne here.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand. In the context of the show...Didn't Scott just break up with his wife (of clearly more than 9 months) who turned demon on him? How is Jean Kissing Logan somehow reprehensible and a stain on her character? They weren't together.
    That’s a fine interpretation, but then Jean has no right to get mad at Scott for kiss with Maddie. It makes her come off hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

You nailed it. It’s interesting to watch people take sides in this, as though it matters. At the end of the day, that’s what great about Marvel’s characters and particularly the X-characters. They’re flawed… they’re human. My favorites (Wolverine, Cable) have been huge hypocrites many times. Doesn’t make me like them less. I don’t need them to always be right. People, even great people, rarely are. Sometimes when emotion creeps in we act in ways that are hypocritical.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”