Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jean ends up being The Goblin Queen. I mean, the MCU has sort of established that this is an alternate universe (see Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness), so they could get away with doing this. Either way, I'm beyond hyped. Also, Jennifer Hale has been confirmed to voice Jean, although she also voiced Jean in X-Men Evolution.

https://ew.com/x-men-97-trailer-lega...-james-8580432

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on Gillen's revelations today and the panel from Rise of X #2?
    I love Jen’s portrayals of Jean, so I would love it…..but are we certain that is the tea? Or is it a wait and see for actual confirmation? Because if this is just throwing us off, then I know to keep my trap shut and stop spoiling everybody’s fun…..but if they are just going ahead and revealing Jen is just straight confirmed entirely, then I will just get back to full hype because Jen knows how to do the nuances of gentleness and passion in her performances.

Just look at her Marvel vs Capcom lines. Lol!

Burn in the Flame!

This is really not story-telling I have patience for. Like waiting MONTHS for a character to do something at all,....sorry, I love everything I read from Gillen's interviews and I'm excited to find out what is going to happen to Jean. It feels like she is a loaded gun and someone just has to point her in the right direction to reset the universe and burn an evil infection away.

But......how much patience do you expect readers to have? Comicbooks are really a dying medium. I doubt this this slow burn is giving anybody joy.......(*pun not intended)
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-16-2024 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id rather Jean pregnant than some switcheroo. This is still a kids show so Im not sure if they will get into the soap opera aspect of what would technically be rape by deception
    Yeah… but that’s most likely what’s going to be the case since Jean was still very much alive when the original series ended and it’s already confirmed that Maddie and child will be part of this new series. Unless Jean dies in the 1st episodes and they end up doing a fast forward where Cyclops meets Maddie, marrys her and she becomes pregnant but since, from my understanding, Mr. Sinister is also sort of this series… I’m still standing with my theory that Sinister will kidnap Jean under the X-Men’s noses and replaces her with Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Yeah… but that’s most likely what’s going to be the case since Jean was still very much alive when the original series ended and it’s already confirmed that Maddie and child will be part of this new series. Unless Jean dies in the 1st episodes and they end up doing a fast forward where Cyclops meets Maddie, marrys her and she becomes pregnant but since, from my understanding, Mr. Sinister is also sort of this series… I’m still standing with my theory that Sinister will kidnap Jean under the X-Men’s noses and replaces her with Maddie.
    And I am adding on that “Jean” was completely unaware of Sinister’s plan and was Jean for all intent and purpose under her own power. She would not be the one lying, which would be why the turn to Goblin Queen makes sense.

Whoa!

IMG_9821.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Very interesting that this is the cover to RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #5, rather than X-Men Forever. The solicit:

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art and Cover by LUCIANO VECCHIO
    On Sale 5/29
    The battle for all time! The X-epic concludes in a battle between those who are outside time and that which is now and forever...and the result is being decided by whether someone can ultimately make the right choice. The end of the Krakoan Age barrels our way as the two series that are one conclude!

Wonder if it's a mistake that it says cover by Luciano Vecchio or if this is actually a variant.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    And I am adding on that “Jean” was completely unaware of Sinister’s plan and was Jean for all intent and purpose under her own power. She would not be the one lying, which would be why the turn to Goblin Queen makes sense.
    Yeap… and that deception is what will eventually make Maddie into the villainess Goblin Queen.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

That's an awesome cover. It looks like Jean is going to do something big after all. And it looks like through the whole White Hot Room experience that Jean will be wearing her Dauterman costume implying she will hold on to her humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    She makes it look good here.

I wonder what the chances are that Marvel will troll us a bit and put her in the miniskirt one last time to cap off the Krakoa era?
    Looks like I was right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Very interesting that this is the cover to RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #5, rather than X-Men Forever. The solicit:

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art and Cover by LUCIANO VECCHIO
    On Sale 5/29
    The battle for all time! The X-epic concludes in a battle between those who are outside time and that which is now and forever...and the result is being decided by whether someone can ultimately make the right choice. The end of the Krakoan Age barrels our way as the two series that are one conclude!

Wonder if it's a mistake that it says cover by Luciano Vecchio or if this is actually a variant.
    I'll bet dollars to donuts that cover is a clever misleading variant... IMHO the artist should have gone with the Teen Jean Pink energy signature. Umm... Shouldn't Jean's chest and belt have an "X" on it?
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'll bet dollars to donuts that cover is a clever misleading variant... IMHO the artist should have gone with the Teen Jean Pink energy signature.
    ? She's in the White Hot Room and has had the Phoenix since the end of her mini. Even if she doesn't keep it in the new era she's clearly gonna be using the Phoenix in the conclusion of this ongoing storyline.

BANNED

That solicit copy ends up really shaky overall, but the first few words before the ellipses are kinda poetically written.

Wouldn't get too hyped up on the cover. We're like 4 Jean covers deep into her not saying or doing anything, more than that if we count the Jean series.

Claremont and Morrison had Jean absent from their series for 3-6 months at a time, with no other series featuring her, unlike in this era. Sometimes, hindsight is 20/200...

Anyway, we've been blessed with content highlighting Jean's skills, power, stature, history, thought and feeling processes, and singular connection to and with Phoenix. This era has reestablished peak aspects of her lore for a new generation and for the dawning era. I couldn't be more thrilled. Incidentally, the Jean Grey (2023) TPB drops sometime this month or next, and I'm snatching that quicker than I can say "yas." Such a good story.

On the animated series front, I can't wait until Beau DeMayo's plans for Jean come to fruition. He admitted that she would be markedly absent from promotional material for "a very specific reason." And I wouldn't be surprised if his reworking of the climax to Inferno, with Jean re-embracing her Phoenix facet, isn't the reason. I can totally see him recalibrating said climax to align with the work Simonson, Gillen, and Duggan have done regarding her identity as Phoenix, not to mention Brevoort's take, which is that she never stopped being Phoenix—all of which is congruent with Claremont's original vision.

This a great time to be a Jean fan, and I hope most of you are enjoying it as much as I am!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I love Jen’s portrayals of Jean, so I would love it…..but are we certain that is the tea? Or is it a wait and see for actual confirmation? Because if this is just throwing us off, then I know to keep my trap shut and stop spoiling everybody’s fun…..but if they are just going ahead and revealing Jen is just straight confirmed entirely, then I will just get back to full hype because Jen knows how to do the nuances of gentleness and passion in her performances.

Just look at her Marvel vs Capcom lines. Lol!

Burn in the Flame!

Just saw this. The EW I linked to reports that Hale is voicing Jean. Plus, Beau confirmed to me personally that she was voicing Jean after the news initially dropped months ago and I asked him. She's going to be great!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

I do not want to see any more of Beau DeMayo's plans lmao. It would be nice if the nostalgia is siloed and this doesn't affect the comics, but we already know the TV house leads everything else. This is gonna be a super-rough decade.

I love the idea of pregnant Jean. Didn't think so many people wouldn't like that.