Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Bloop.

Anything is possible in the comic book medium.
    It's beyond convoluted. Rachel wouldn't want this. Jean wouldn't want this. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, just no. So we lose Rachel as a character to effectively deage her to being a baby? That scenario unnecessarily convolutes things with her. I know the Rachel fans will hate that and Im not sure what it would actually add. If people want Jean to give birth to her own biological child, then that can be done by just giving her that and it not being Rachel.
    Thank you, it's a really bad idea no one asked for or wants.

It would be a nice poetic touch that need not compromise Rachel’s character—she could retain her consciousness and be sort of a prodigy, maybe even one capable of aging herself at will (after all, she is Jean Grey’s daughter; her powers should know no limits)—but I also see your point. Besides, like you suggested, having another baby could also be wonderful.
    Poetic, like a weird Shel Silverstein "Where the Sidewalk Ends" poetic? I don't think Betsy would enjoy dating an infant. This isn't Twilight. It's a bad idea. If they want a new baby, give them a new baby.

The synchronicity is flooring me.
    …and ������ ������������������ (X-Men #30 [2024]).

While I don't like to dismiss other people's fan theories, I feel that you are looking in the wrong direction here.
    I agree the scene is suggesting that sex leads to birth, but the sex itself is metaphorical and likely so will the birth that follows it.
    It's not a flesh-and-blood child that is being foreshadowed here, but something more metaphysical.

The Phoenix is dying, injured in an auto-deification magic ritual gone horribly right.
    It is the Phoenix that needs to be born again (or will it be born for the first time?).

Look at the situation that has developed in the White Hot Room.
    A mutant island with 150,000 mutants. A dying Omega-level telepath mutant. A dying Phoenix.
    I think it's fairly obvious what kind of story turn Gillen is building towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean has enough children that she doesnt need more. Besides we alrady had the raising a child arc done twice with her before when it came to Cable. I really dont think that needs to be revisited with a new child
    I agree with this.

If we ignore the convoluted origins (clones, alternate timelines, time travel, etc.) for a moment, and look at how the family is presented within the Krakoa story - Jean and Scott were the adult parents of the young adults Rachel and Nathan. As the story progressed, Askani and Cable left the nest to pursue their own dreams and are now doing their own thing independent of their parents. Jean and Scott are both post-'raising children' part of their lives, having a new baby would be moving their story backwards.

Jean Grey, Cyclops, Wolverine, White Queen - these are all characters with teenage/adult children.
    If we want baby storylines, I'd look at couples like Rogue/Gambit (though they did recently resolve to not have kids for now).
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 03-12-2024 at 08:24 AM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Dauterman Jean incoming…

Whatever became of this image? I've seen no follow up or even the original image on Dauterman's Instagram or Twitter. What is it for anyway?

If I would be Jean I would copy and transfer my own mental imprint into my unborn child. Isn't this entitled self-cloning what parenthood is all about anyhow?

Why should the mighty Phoenix Force use her own body to create children? She is a goddess and has better ways to create children than going for biological reproductive organs...such a boring idea. Can we move on from this?

The Red Dragon

Jean saddled with some brat baby is not interesting. Comics just can’t do the kid thing right.

I tend to agree, but 616 Jean with a pregnancy and baby of her own is something we haven't seen before so it could be interesting -if- done well. Sue Storm has only become a stronger character since having kids.

Fall of the House of X.jpg

Well this is a very interesting cover. I'm really digging this new outfit.

It's not the awful dress but wow is that outfit ugly. It's the worst parts of so many better outfits in one.

She looks like the Imperial Guard's version of a Power Ranger. No thx.

Reminds me a bit of the unused Stuart Immonen design...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Dang, ya’ll are hard to please. I like it personally. It’s bold and it has that superhero look everyone seems to crave from one piece bodysuits people love on Jean for some odd reason. It’s at the very least an interesting silhouette with the shoulder piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post

I love it. This art style (Ross?) doesn't favor most uniforms, but I have a feeling if Dauterman—hell, I bet he designed it!—draws it, it'll be aces. It has hints of Jim Lee’s unused redesign:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

NOOOOO WAY, UGLY AF. She looks like the gender-bended version of the Green Power Ranger from the 1990s. uff.......no, no, no...

....there is nothing wrong with Jean's 70s Phoenix costume.

STL181556.jpg

really not a good look for Jean. But she will probably only wear it for a few issues and her big deus-ex-machina moment.
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-13-2024 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    i love it. This art style (ross?) doesn't favor most uniforms, but i have a feeling if dauterman—hell, i bet he designed it!—draws it, it'll be aces. It has hints of jim lee’s unused redesign:

its glorious!!!