Page 89 of 104 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1558

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Also the fact that I've mostly avoided this era and only read about it on here rather than read the actual issues is probably also a factor. Like all those scans you posted I'm only seeing for the first time now and that does make a difference. So all the recent Scott/Jean goodwill that Marvel now has (where was this a decade ago???) hasn't reached me. I did see this though and was enchanted by it.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Also the fact that I've mostly avoided this era and only read about it on here rather than read the actual issues is probably also a factor. Like all those scans you posted I'm only seeing for the first time now and that does make a difference. So all the recent Scott/Jean goodwill that Marvel now has (where was this a decade ago???) hasn't reached me. I did see this though and was enchanted by it.
    Oh I really loved this scene. It's like Scott was his anchor to reality. I do hope we'll be getting more scenes like this in Brevoort's relaunch so that you might change your mind!

Oh I really loved this scene. It's like Scott was his anchor to reality. I do hope we'll be getting more scenes like this in Brevoort's relaunch so that you might change your mind!
    I think that'll help, plus more scenes of them in other media like X-Men '97 (once they get past this rough patch) and hopefully the future movies.

I didn't consider them well done in the prequel films. They were okay in Apocalypse as a start but in Dark Phoenix (which I've only seen once and tried to erase), it seemed like their relationship was even more nonexistent than in X3 where at least I felt the depth of their feelings for each other before Cyclops was killed off.

Lol. People are calling Maddie the "Superior Wife" now.
    God, the absolute idiocy. If this keeps up, the Jean fandom is gonna snap, I just know it.

I hear all the excuses they give for Scott and am never impressed. “It’s not wrong for him to fall in love with a clone who is basically Jean”.

Don’t care how close to the letter Madelyne’s mind is to Jean’s. Jean is not Madelyne. That is why she is doing her best to separate her own memories from Madelyne’s currently and has been so distant from Scott. Scott excused for a months worth of repeated mistakes that he deliberately hid from Jean Grey vs Jean not even getting a chance to talk to Scott about the mistake she just made and all of a sudden, Madelyne is the best wife when she was also the wife that left Scott behind in the midst of his grief over their son?

I say this as someone who loves Madelyne’s portrayal and Scott’s portrayal through and through in the show. But god the mysoginistic opinions just pisses me off. It’s the damn Jean Grey vs Emma Frost thing all over again where we are putting women against one another at the behest of another man’s mistakes. And the worst part is that it’s the women doing it too! I have seen short clips of women going “Um, Jean, you reading Scott’s mind, isn’t that the equivalent of going through your man’s phone”.

Are ya’ll dense? It is a psychic rapport. Scott can and has done literally the same thing to Jean Grey in both the comics and animated series, making it the equivalent of going into a room the partner knows they are always welcome into. What’s more, Madelyne was so much into her psychic affair she was unresponsive at a council meeting. Are that dense to not figure Jean might have walked to Scott in the physical world and saw the same thing to lead her to reading his mind check and see if he is okay? Idiot!……

Sorry, rant over. The constant pecks by this new part of the fanbase that somehow noticed Jean Grey isn’t the “perfect wife” grates on my patience.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    God, the absolute idiocy. If this keeps up, the Jean fandom is gonna snap, I just know it.

I hear all the excuses they give for Scott and am never impressed. “It’s not wrong for him to fall in love with a clone who is basically Jean”.

Don’t care how close to the letter Madelyne’s mind is to Jean’s. Jean is not Madelyne. That is why she is doing her best to separate her own memories from Madelyne’s currently and has been so distant from Scott. Scott excused for a months worth of repeated mistakes that he deliberately hid from Jean Grey vs Jean not even getting a chance to talk to Scott about the mistake she just made and all of a sudden, Madelyne is the best wife when she was also the wife that left Scott behind in the midst of his grief over their son?

I say this as someone who loves Madelyne’s portrayal and Scott’s portrayal through and through in the show. But god the mysoginistic opinions just pisses me off. It’s the damn Jean Grey vs Emma Frost thing all over again where we are putting women against one another at the behest of another man’s mistakes. And the worst part is that it’s the women doing it too! I have seen short clips of women going “Um, Jean, you reading Scott’s mind, isn’t that the equivalent of going through your man’s phone”.

Are ya’ll dense? It is a psychic rapport. Scott can and has done literally the same thing to Jean Grey in both the comics and animated series, making it the equivalent of going into a room the partner knows they are always welcome into. What’s more, Madelyne was so much into her psychic affair she was unresponsive at a council meeting. Are that dense to not figure Jean might have walked to Scott in the physical world and saw the same thing to lead her to reading his mind check and see if he is okay? Idiot!……

Sorry, rant over. The constant pecks by this new part of the fanbase that somehow noticed Jean Grey isn’t the “perfect wife” grates on my patience.
    Superior wife, better looking, more badass etc. are just a fraction of how they're comparing Maddie to Jean. The show has somehow managed to make some people see Jean as lesser. That's one of my real gripes with it.

Superior wife, better looking, more badass etc. are just a fraction of how they're comparing Maddie to Jean. The show has somehow managed to make some people see Jean as lesser. That's one of my real gripes with it.
    LMFAO! Oh my god, it is Emma vs Jean all over again! And I am once again, A FAN OF BOTH CHARACTERS WATCHING THE FANBASE PICK AT JEAN FOR “THE NEW SHINY WOMAN”!

Remember these opinions:

“Emma Frost is so much better because she has an actual personality and Jean Grey was cheating on Scott with Wolverine long before Scott did with Emma.”

“Emma is a villain who took Scott from Jean Grey. Jean had every right to ransack Emma’s mind and violate her to the point of being a mess.”

I wonder if Emma fans are watching this from the outside perspective with a bottle of champagne. I know I would if I were them because it’s deliciously stupid. I wish Jean fans could do the same, but they might become too busy defending Jean to notice what’s happening.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 04-22-2024 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    LMFAO! Oh my god, it is Emma vs Jean all over again! And I am once again, A FAN OF BOTH CHARACTERS WATCHING THE FANBASE PICK AT JEAN FOR “THE NEW SHINY WOMAN”!

Remember these opinions:

“Emma Frost is so much better because she has an actual personality and Jean Grey was cheating on Scott with Wolverine long before Scott did with Emma.”

“Emma is a villain who took Scott from Jean Grey. Jean had every right to ransack Emma’s mind and violate her to the point of being a mess.”

I wonder if Emma fans are watching this from the outside perspective with a bottle of champagne. I know I would if I were them because it’s deliciously stupid. I wish Jean fans could do the same, but they might become too busy defending Jean to notice what’s happening.
    Actually many Emma fans have sided with Maddie fans to form an anti-Jean Grey alliance lmao

RCO011_1468941915.jpg
    A random panel of Jean being a good mon

RCO011_1468941915.jpg
    A random panel of Jean being a good mon
    Nathan is a toddler there capable of walking but by the time he gets sent tot he future, he is a little baby....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nathan is a toddler there capable of walking but by the time he gets sent tot he future, he is a little baby....lol
    Lmao. Comic book logic at its finest

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I hope that something relevant with Jean happens in Wednesday's Forever. Well other than her being lit on the wooden pyre which they already revealed weeks ago.

I love that I was able to spot Jean on here 5 times from my count

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I think anyone with concerns about Jean in X-men 97 are valid, but this early in the season I think we owe it to ourselves to wait and see. This show has gone out of its way to give every character it touches agency and their moment. We started the season with Madelyne imo its only fair she gets the development she never truly got during the original comics run. I'm enjoying seeing her become herself, while Jean's story is about learning to trust herself again. That shouldn't be an easy fix she should struggle, she should make the wrong decisions, and she should have to face the consequences of those choices.

What I'm intrigued by is the show isn't shying away from that, there is no quick fix. She had her life and memories stolen, she's only recently been freed, is now coming to terms with her place and the place given the most recent episodes of her kind. We haven't got to see the hero yet, and that imo is where her story is going to go into overdrive, the showrunners have been overt in focusing on specific areas of her life. I have no doubt that in the next 4 episode the Jean many of us have missed we will get!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I love that I was able to spot Jean on here 5 times from my count
    I see OG 5, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix and X-Factor. What's the 5th?