Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

loving the nostalgia with a welcome hairstyle change

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, I think most people aren't surprised at this point. We're gonna have to wait for the final issues to get something important with her.
    People have been complaining for months and we get "oh just wait until X-men Forever in March". It comes and we get nothing.

Oh well, here's some good Jean art

Deleted post
    Last edited by Keno; 03-21-2024 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Interesting in the new one it looks like she is being attacked by Sinister

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People have been complaining for months and we get "oh just wait until X-men Forever in March". It comes and we get nothing.

It’s just Christmas Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Great issue. Looking forward to the story fully unfolding.

Gillen confirmed that the story dovetails to focus on Jean with issue 2:

When Gillen said Jean's role would build over the course of the series before finally taking over the book, I don't think anybody thought the first issue would start Jean at basically zero.

It was a solid issue of Immortal X-Men, though.
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Amazing Member

This issue was sold to us as a major Jean-centric issue so Jean fans would buy it. Of course, this implied claim was totally bogus as usual.

After knowing Jean's role in the series becomes so prominent in X-Men: Forever that it basically becomes about her, I'm ok with not getting anything substantial with her immediately.

I'm curious, are there any Jean fans who don't buy issues of a story where she isn't featured prominently? Would you have not picked up this first issue but been ok just starting off in later chapters of this mini once her role gets going?

IMG_0229.jpg

It’s that time again and unite to vote for Jean. Currently Marvel is having a tournament challenge on their Instagram page and stories. Currently Jean is losing to Captain Marvel. Let’s change that, shall we?

From Marvel: It's bracket season! Who do you have winning it all?
    Vote in our Instagram Story now and don't forget to join @ESPN's Tournament Challenge.

This fan design is an incredible redesigning of the Marvel Girl uniform. Why can’t we get something like this?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    IMG_0229.jpg

It’s that time again and unite to vote for Jean. Currently Marvel is having a tournament challenge on their Instagram page and stories. Currently Jean is losing to Captain Marvel. Let’s change that, shall we?

From Marvel: It's bracket season! Who do you have winning it all?
    Vote in our Instagram Story now and don't forget to join @ESPN's Tournament Challenge.
    It’s about who would win in a basketball game? Lol

If you want people to vote…put a link to it and how to vote would be a good place to start

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    This fan design is an incredible redesigning of the Marvel Girl uniform. Why can’t we get something like this?

That looks nice but the time for that has passed. I cant see her going from reclaiming the Phoenix to taking on any variation of the Marvel Girl dress as a followup

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It’s about who would win in a basketball game? Lol

If you want people to vote…put a link to it and how to vote would be a good place to start
    There’s no link which is why I shared the photograph. You can vote on Marvel’s IG page in their stories. The picture that I shared clearly shows that’s where it’s from.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Oh well, here's some good Jean art

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    When Gillen said Jean's role would build over the course of the series before finally taking over the book, I don't think anybody thought the first issue would start Jean at basically zero.

It was a solid issue of Immortal X-Men, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    This issue was sold to us as a major Jean-centric issue so Jean fans would buy it. Of course, this implied claim was totally bogus as usual.

All of this! I still cannot believe that the "story" for Jean was sidelining her so they could tell the story they needed to. I just cannot fathom how an incoherent, bloodied, "dead" was the best way to do this given the character, setting, and storytelling potential involved.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    After knowing Jean's role in the series becomes so prominent in X-Men: Forever that it basically becomes about her, I'm ok with not getting anything substantial with her immediately.

I'm curious, are there any Jean fans who don't buy issues of a story where she isn't featured prominently? Would you have not picked up this first issue but been ok just starting off in later chapters of this mini once her role gets going?

I think most Jean fans read other stories or certainly stories where her role is smaller, I think why it's more prominent here is because it's her appreciation thread. Plus, she's legitimately been in a state of limbo for 7 months, how is this a story.

But even that's besides the point Jean does not get good or even decent stories very often. She is one of the worst written A-listers imo because there's never real intention behind what she's doing. She often fills whatever role the writer needs from her, we don't often get deep dives into her inter-workings. Her recent mini series came the closest for me but even that could only do so much given the constraints Simonson was working in.

I don't even care anymore what the big mystery is behind Jean, because no matter what it is 1-2 issues of exposition doesn't account for the 7 months she's been down. I'm just ready for this phase to be over, and the hilarity surrounding the number of titles she's appeared in the past 7 months essentially incapacitated is insane to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    All of this! I still cannot believe that the "story" for Jean was sidelining her so they could tell the story they needed to. I just cannot fathom how an incoherent, bloodied, "dead" was the best way to do this given the character, setting, and storytelling potential involved.
    And she's been like this since Nov with no progres in her story. What sucks is that even though her body is pretty much dead/dying, we know that Jean on the atral plane was coherent, active and ready to accept the Phoenix per the last issue of her series. What has that version of her been doing since then? Is she just watching Mother Righteous abuse/take advantage of her physical form, unable to do anything? Was she in fact reaching out to Scott, given him hints/hope about the future? So many unanswered questions and it feels like they killed the momentum with the way they are dragging this along