Page 61 of 98 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

While I prefer a team setting, it's cool to see Jean headlining another solo title. It looks like we'll probably be getting Jean as a space heroine like CC intended. I'm excited to learn more about it.

As for the updated Phoenix costume, I like it. You obviously can't beat the original, but I think it looks good. Hopefully we'll get a better look at it soon.

It looks like TAS is doing a better job by Jean this time around. Fingers crossed that continues. I know the showrunner was recently let go, and I know he was a big Jean fan.

That cliffhanger. 🥹

Double 🥹:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    To be fair, ongoing theory is that this Maddie thinks she is Jean. There should be no dichotomy in personality based around it.
    Watched the first two episodes. Ok I got that wrong and its the ottherr way around. Logan never liked Madeline. And this scene wasn't part of the two episodes

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It just dawned on me that this is the first media portrayal of Jean and Ororo's friendship...like wow. I mean they have a scene together in X2 while piloting the X-Jet and meeting Kurt, but it's more banter than anything else.
    Technically, X-Men: Evolution has Storm talking to Jean about her crush on Cyclops. But you are right about the moments being so very rare. The new cartoon show really leans heavily into it though as motivation vs very sparse moments like Storm being hospitable to Jean in TAS during the Dark Phoenix Saga or her trying to coax Jean into being subdued as Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    That cliffhanger. ��

Double ��:

Cyclops low-key only having Wolverine staying behind because he is the only one who can heal if Jean’s powers go wild from going into labor. Lmao!

Cyclops low-key only having Wolverine staying behind because he is the only one who can heal if Jean’s powers go wild from going into labor. Lmao!
    Where's the power inhibitor when you need one?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Technically, X-Men: Evolution has Storm talking to Jean about her crush on Cyclops. But you are right about the moments being so very rare. The new cartoon show really leans heavily into it though as motivation vs very sparse moments like Storm being hospitable to Jean in TAS during the Dark Phoenix Saga or her trying to coax Jean into being subdued as Dark Phoenix.
    That's true, but even in that show there wasn't much of a Jean/Storm dynamic outside of that scene. Storm in general felt very sidelined in Evolution since she was the only one besides Wolverine and Beast who wasn't a student and she didn't have Wolverine's popularity. But I'll give Evolution props for that since it was more than we got in the movies. I think back to X3 and how Storm is super cold about saving Jean when Wolverine brings it up, saying Jean made her choice on who to stand with.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That's true, but even in that show there wasn't much of a Jean/Storm dynamic outside of that scene. Storm in general felt very sidelined in Evolution since she was the only one besides Wolverine and Beast who wasn't a student and she didn't have Wolverine's popularity. But I'll give Evolution props for that since it was more than we got in the movies. I think back to X3 and how Storm is super cold about saving Jean when Wolverine brings it up, saying Jean made her choice on who to stand with.
    Making Ororo an adult in contrast to Jean as Elder Adolescent/Young adult kind of fizzled any potential "Sister" connection.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Making Ororo an adult in contrast to Jean as Elder Adolescent/Young adult kind of fizzled any potential "Sister" connection.
    Correction: It fizzled a connection of them being equals. The “sister” connection still reads, but more “my older sister is a full-grown adult and is has a job”.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Spoilers for the first 2 episodes of X-Men '97:
    spoilers:
    I'm surprised Nathan was born and the clone plot already starts in episode 2. I don't think the clone will be called "Madelyne Pryor." She seems to believe she's Jean and has Jean's memories. She had a couple moments talking about specific events from the past, so she probably believes she's really Jean.

While the show could switch it up by having it really be Jean who gave birth to Nathan, and the clone is the one who appears at the end, I doubt this. Mr. Sinister's whole motivation in the show was Scott and Jean's genetics; replacing Jean with a clone he can control so he can get their progeny makes the most sense. In some ways, this feels like an even greater violation to Jean than what happened in the comics, since the clone actually took her place.
    end of spoilers
    If you want to know who the real Jean is...just pick the one who fainted. That's probably the real Jean.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

X-men 97 did not disappoint. Seeing the mostly positive reactions on social media and the various forums have been gratifying. I am more excited for the cartoon than the comics and that is saying a lot since I think we have a lot to be excited about with the upcoming Jean/Phoenix solo (and of course the conclusion of the Krakoan era as sad as that will be but we expect Jean to play an important role).

Incredible Member

WTF?!?! Im sick of Marvel teasing Jean. Spoilers for those who havent read X-Men Forever

spoilers:
    Its not a Jean book. She doesnt appear beyond an image of her dead/dying on the floor
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Spoilers for the first 2 episodes of X-Men '97:
    spoilers:
    I'm surprised Nathan was born and the clone plot already starts in episode 2. I don't think the clone will be called "Madelyne Pryor." She seems to believe she's Jean and has Jean's memories. She had a couple moments talking about specific events from the past, so she probably believes she's really Jean.

While the show could switch it up by having it really be Jean who gave birth to Nathan, and the clone is the one who appears at the end, I doubt this. Mr. Sinister's whole motivation in the show was Scott and Jean's genetics; replacing Jean with a clone he can control so he can get their progeny makes the most sense. In some ways, this feels like an even greater violation to Jean than what happened in the comics, since the clone actually took her place.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Does it make sense though? The only reaosn he went the clone route in the books was bc Jean was dead so the clone was the only shot at him achieving the goal he wanted. With her alive, it doesnt make sense to use a clone for that purpose. By nature, a clone can never be as good as the original. There's a greater chance for imperfection gong with a copy
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-20-2024 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF?!?! Im sick of Marvel teasing Jean. Spoilers for those who havent read X-Men Forever

spoilers:
    Its not a Jean book. She doesnt appear beyond an image of her dead/dying on the floor
    end of spoilers
    I mean, I think most people aren't surprised at this point. We're gonna have to wait for the final issues to get something important with her.