Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1510

Stephanie Phillips talks about Jean and the series (see link below). Incidentally, I’m starting two of her works today: “Grim” and “We Only Kill Each Other.”

https://www.tiktok.com/@snapcrackles...Q1TgOblda&_r=1
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

In light of the new ongoing cover/logo reveal...PHOENIX logo Appreciation...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Stephanie Phillips talks about Jean and the series (see link below). Incidentally, I’m starting two of her works today: “Grim” and “We Only Kill Each Other.”

https://www.tiktok.com/@snapcrackles...Q1TgOblda&_r=1
    Don't have X or tiktok. Anything stand out?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Don't have X or tiktok. Anything stand out?
    You dont need either to watch that video

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You dont need either to watch that video
    When i click the link it asks me to sign in. maybe because i have adblock? oh continue as guest. lol didn't even see that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In light of the new ongoing cover/logo reveal...PHOENIX logo Appreciation...

Seeing these all together makes me wish they had used the logo from the Untold Story. It would fit with the style of the other X-titles logos better.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was thinking the very same thing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the hidden Phoenix in Jean’s psionic signature?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else see the hidden Phoenix in Jean’s psionic signature?]
    Can you point out where in the image you're seeing it?

I'm curious what people think of Jean's blue energy signature. I didn't like it in the 90s, but this newer version looks much better.

It's also interesting that they gave the pink energy signature to Madelyne. After shaking off Sinister's influence, she attacked him with a pink energy signature. Also, in the latest episode, Maddie's psychic flash was pink while Jean's was blue.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

I'm curious what people think of Jean's blue energy signature. I didn't like it in the 90s, but this newer version looks much better.

It's also interesting that they gave the pink energy signature to Madelyne. After shaking off Sinister's influence, she attacked him with a pink energy signature. Also, in the latest episode, Maddie's psychic flash was pink while Jean's was blue.
    Jean has actually manifested both pink and blue signatures. She manifested pink when she swallowed Madelyne after bringing her into her mind.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean has actually manifested both pink and blue signatures. She manifested pink when she swallowed Madelyne after bringing her into her mind.
    I rewatched the episode, and you're right. The Jean that swallows Maddie is pink, and in the next scene she's blue. Maddie also goes back to blue when telepathically talking to Nathan before giving him to Bishop. They're a little loose with it, but it seems like they're using the blue vs pink energy signature, ponytail vs hair down, and purple vs green blouse to differentiate Jean and Maddie. Although after this week's episode, it doesn't seem like it'll matter. I imagine they'll let Jean use all of it going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

I see it at the forehead where her little gem thingy is on her cowl/headband, though to be fair, the beak is more hump shaped rather but the branching energy pieces look like wings to me. I don’t know. I was just surprised Mercury didn’t see it after they saw the vague Phoenix imagery in the Hellfire Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I see it at the forehead where her little gem thingy is on her cowl/headband, though to be fair, the beak is more hump shaped rather but the branching energy pieces look like wings to me. I don’t know. I was just surprised Mercury didn’t see it after they saw the vague Phoenix imagery in the Hellfire Gala.
    Ha. You remembered. I did notice the visual allusion to Phoenix, but I've been so swamped with work/schoolwork, and there's been so much news between the cartoon and Jean's comic book developments that I haven't had a chance to comment on everything. We're in the middle of a true Jean Grey renaissance.

Some thoughts I shared in the Phoenix series thread that I think should go here, too:

I'm slowly making my way through Phillips' work. I started Grim and We Only Kill Each Other, and both have me intrigued. Incidentally, I love the inclusion of narrative boxes in We Only Kill Each Other and hope we get this in Phoenix. (I haven't read Rogue & Gambit because I don't feel either character is remotely similar to Jean. I plan on reading it, though!) Also, I finished Cosmic Ghost Rider today, which was a quick, breezy read, and I have to say: I liked it a lot! It touched on many of the themes central to Jean's story, including guilt, dissociation, grappling with one's seemingly disparate facets, and being imbued with infinite power. From what I have read of Phillips' work thus far, I think she is capable of efficiently and effectively wielding the narrative elements necessary to make Phoenix great.

Also, the way Phillips has spoken of Jean and her identity as Phoenix leaves me feeling confident and excited. Based on her comments alone, I think she gets her—her stature, legacy, and potential. More importantly, I think she is aware of her biggest advantages in writing Jean: (1) She's dealing with an iconic and extremely multifaceted character who has a ton of backstory to draw from, and (2) she's also dealing with what has historically been one of Marvel's most undercut and undermined characters on the cusp of having received one of the best jump-starts in character development in recent memory. Collectively, the work of Duggan, Simonson, and Gillen has done much to remind readers of Jean's power and complexity. Their work combined practically constitutes a reset.

Ultimately, I think this is a perfect confluence of factors for both Phillips' writing and Jean's ongoing development. Excluding storylines like Phoenix Endsong and Phoenix Resurrection, and even brief yet pivotal appearances in arcs like Avengers Vs. X-Men and Uncanny X-Men #140.5, this year marks twenty years since Jean brazenly manifested her birthright if we count the entirety of New X-Men and, more specifically, Here Comes Tomorrow. That said, whether this series is a success or not—whether it lasts five issues or fifty—it offers Jean devotees one supreme advantage, which is that it underscores her stature, legacy, and popularity for a new generation. In turn, this will lead to a rise in fans of and curiosity about Jean, which is only going to be reinforced by X-Men '97 in May... That's a good thing.

I haven't been as active lately due to being busy with work, but we have a lot to be excited about. The description to the Phoenix ongoing sounds almost like a dream - something a lot of us have wanted for many years. Jean finally just gets to be Phoenix -in a way she hasn't quite been since the original Phoenix years. It hopefully makes the last few moments worth the wait. But I have to admit I got so used to Jean not being Phoenix.. but I love the character either way.

The comments from the writer give me a lot of hope. She seems to get Jean's complexity, and I can't wait to see Jean Grey as a solo cosmic hero.

X-men 97 is so good. I can't say enough about the series (the writing, the animation, etc.). Cyclops and Jean always stand out to me but of course Maddie, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, and Magneto have been amazing. I can't wait to see what happens next. They keep reminding us about Jean's Phoenix days. I'm not sure what it means but I do think it might lead to something (I would love for Jean to take on the codename like she did in the comics in the mid 90s).