Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798
Results 1,456 to 1,468 of 1468

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I vaguely remember Jean and MJ meeting during their modeling days in the 60's. But I don't remember where I saw it. Jean was a model briefly right?
    Yes, Jean was modeling in the 1960's OG X-Men comic.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I vaguely remember Jean and MJ meeting during their modeling days in the 60's. But I don't remember where I saw it. Jean was a model briefly right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Jean was modeling in the 1960's OG X-Men comic.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

One thing that bothered me about Xmen 97 this week was Rogue dropping Trask, to his death, and none of rage Xmen tried to save him. Jean could easily have done with her TK. As Morph said “is this what we are now?. I know for story purposes Trask “died” and became human sentinel hybrid.

What you guys think about Jean not stopping Rogue?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The buildup of Jean's plot in the comics is exciting. I know people haven't been impressed with it, and frustrated by her essentially just laying there, but it all feels very thrilling to me. I wish the plot could have been more linear, but it is what it is.

97' Jean getting to show out about was great to see. Very happy that the audience is getting to see Jean be competent with her abilities, and out on the field.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    One thing that bothered me about Xmen 97 this week was Rogue dropping Trask, to his death, and none of rage Xmen tried to save him. Jean could easily have done with her TK. As Morph said “is this what we are now?. I know for story purposes Trask “died” and became human sentinel hybrid.

Well Jean did do this to Steven Lang ...

(Sorry for the double post)
    Last edited by Soulsword323; Today at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Actually, Xavier was supposed to be the Crown... Colossus was the base... and Jean was the core, Tipherath (alternatively Tiferet, Tifaret, Tiphareth, Tifereth or Tiphereth).

Claremont said that in an interview in X-Men Companion II, and that he had them all worked out but I don't know that he ever shared the alignment of all the eight X-Men at that time.
    Kurt was Chesed, Mercy. Logan his opposite, Geburah, Strength.
    I can’t find an interview confirming this, he might have told me in a private conversation, we went for dinner a couple of times.

Phoenix pre-order season begins NOW. Showing love and support for Red and her new ongoing series by signing up for Marvel's 12-issue, early-subscriber discount offer of $30.64, which includes free shipping across the U.S. May she reign. 🔥

https://subscriptions.marvel.com/sto....asp?spid=1654

You can also pre-order the first issue of #Phoenix over at Golden Apple Comics's website.

https://goldenapplecomics.com/produc...60620959000111
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I can’t find an interview confirming this, he might have told me in a private conversation, we went for dinner a couple of times.
    Those would certainly make sense.

Hot damn!
    (I feel I almost recognize the actress used for that but I can't recall who she is.)
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Pity that Dauterman doesn’t like dresses. Most characters, Jean included, look incredible in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Actually, Xavier was supposed to be the Crown... Colossus was the base... and Jean was the core, Tipherath (alternatively Tiferet, Tifaret, Tiphareth, Tifereth or Tiphereth).

Claremont said that in an interview in X-Men Companion II, and that he had them all worked out but I don't know that he ever shared the alignment of all the eight X-Men at that time.
    Thanks for the correction. I wish someone would ask Claremont. I know he went back to that concept for X-Men: The End but considering there were dozens of X-Men by then, I'm not sure how he could even pick and choose just a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    That's incredible! I bet those conversations must have been super entertaining and filled with all sorts of tidbits of info.

Maybe it was a comic published years later but set back in the 60s. Spider-Man has a lot of contemporary titles or one-shots set back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

A lot of people keep bringing up Jean not stopping Rogue, but to be honest I didn't think it was OOC. Even without her tk, she would likely have sensed Rogue's intentions especially considering how strongly Rogue felt about this. I think Jean knew and didn't intervene because she was of half a mind herself. When she became Phoenix, it was noted several times how similar she was to Wolverine and how she liked using her powers as much as he likes using his claws. And in Inferno, Jean seeing Sinister trash the X-Mansion causes her to use an expletive word and the other X-Men comment that Logan's rubbed off on her. So she's always had an edge to her.

As noted below, Jean had no problem killing Stephen Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Well Jean did do this to Steven Lang ...

(Sorry for the double post)
    And she killed Prism in X-Factor 10 as well.

And there's also the time that right after she became Phoenix, her fight with Firelord left her wanting to kill him although she was able to stop herself.