Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Through the flames with which Jean imbued Hope she will rise… #XSpoilers
    🤌🏻🔥

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-look-preview

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Im trying not to have any expectations and am no longer checking for Jean except for the last issue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im trying not to have any expectations and am no longer checking for Jean except for the last issue
    :::big hug:: 🥹
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Tank found this variant cover draft…

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ariant=8874280

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Tank found this variant cover draft…

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ariant=8874280
    It's Jean Grey, the Greatest Krakoan Hero!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

That's cute. lol. I love how things are gradually being set right.

One aspect of the Phoenix retcon that is stupid that I never really thought about is why the heck did the Phoenix need to place Jean in a cocoon to heal? We know it has the power to resurrct so this prolonged healing of her physical body makes no sense. It cloned her body on the spot. Why not just transfer her consciousness fully into that?

Also its Jean's fault that X-Factor was kept separate from the X-men. She refused to go back to th X-men bc they were allied with Magneto. It was stupid to keep her resurrection a secret from Storm and Wolverine when she could have easily just had a conversation with them. That felt so uncharacteristic of her and she wouldnt run rom Magneto. She show up and see what he was doing in her home.

Another stupid plot point is that she is parading around NY with the rest of her team. They explained it as peopl would just assume that she was Maddie. That the case when they were X-Factor but not as mutant renegades, the X-terminators. Maddie had no powers so a redhead that looks like Jean with TK obviously was gonna raise questions but that was never addressed. Im actually surrpised they never ran into each other save one moment where they saw Magneto entering the HFC

Oh and if you cant tell, Im currently watching a video about early X-Factor
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-24-2024 at 09:14 AM.

One aspect of the Phoenix retcon that is stupid that I never really thought about is why the heck did the Phoenix need to place Jean in a cocoon to heal? We know it has the power to resurrct so this prolonged healing of her physical body makes no sense. It cloned her body on the spot. Why not just transfer her consciousness fully into that?

Also its Jean's fault that X-Factor was kept separate from the X-men. She refused to go back to th X-men bc they were allied with Magneto. It was stupid to keep her resurrection a secret from Storm and Wolverine when she could have easily just had a conversation with them. That felt so uncharacteristic of her and she wouldnt run rom Magneto. She show up and see what he was doing in her home.

Another stupid plot point is that she is parading around NY with the rest of her team. They explained it as peopl would just assume that she was Maddie. That the case when they were X-Factor but not as mutant renegades, the X-terminators. Maddie had no powers so a redhead that looks like Jean with TK obviously was gonna raise questions but that was never addressed. Im actually surrpised they never ran into each other save one moment where they saw Magneto entering the HFC

That’s all because the Phoenix was always jealous of Jean, and secretly wanted to live her lavish lifestyle.

For why it didn't just transfer all her conscience, it's said on Classic X-Men #8 that a part of Jean wanted to become Phoenix while another didn't, so the part of her soul that accepted the deal went into the cloned body while the one that didn't stayed in her original one. And it was Phoenix!Jean on the new body that decided to heal "herself" and put her in the coccoon, cause she didn't want to see herself die, and could use it as backup.

Why it needed time in the coccoon instead of healing immediately it's probably just a plot convenience thing that doesn't have a better explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    That’s all because the Phoenix was always jealous of Jean, and secretly wanted to live her lavish lifestyle.
    This is not too far off, actually.

In spite of having numerous hosts like Firehair or Feron, the Phoenix had not fully understood the fully breadth of humanity’s emotions. It has basic emotions, but it couldn’t understand concepts like love and all that and Jean Grey’s passion was something it craved to experience.

Fantastic Member

Well, the real reason is that different writers at Marvel were split over bringing back Jean and what to do with Maddie (who in the original scheme of things was supposed to be Jean). But you raise valid points about X-Factor and the handling of Jean's resurrection. Scott should have talked to Magneto at the HFC. You're right about how Storm and Wolverine's reactions to Jean. IMHO it wasn't handled properly. Even though Maddie went bad, there was no real mourning for her, and I'm surprised that were no confrontation with Scott about how he treated Maddie. I always thought at the very least Kitty, Dazzler, and Storm would have given Mr. Summers the what for, or leaving his wife and child alone.

Anyway that's what I wondered about it.

--jthree

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    For why it didn't just transfer all her conscience, it's said on Classic X-Men #8 that a part of Jean wanted to become Phoenix while another didn't, so the part of her soul that accepted the deal went into the cloned body while the one that didn't stayed in her original one. And it was Phoenix!Jean on the new body that decided to heal "herself" and put her in the coccoon, cause she didn't want to see herself die, and could use it as backup.

Why it needed time in the coccoon instead of healing immediately it's probably just a plot convenience thing that doesn't have a better explanation.
    Yes. It was pretty much a plot contrivance. Keeping in mind Jean was supposed to stay dead (it was supposed to be Dazzler in X-Factor) until they decided to bring her back and they now had to come up with a plausible reason why Jean wasn't around for the time period between her death on the moon and the discovery of the cocoon in Jamaica Bay.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Bringing Madelyne‘s and Captain Marvel‘s storylines together, also shows what Claremont‘s plan for Jean Grey‘s character would have been if they didn’t force him to kill her…

I hate the retcon. Gosh, so bad.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The retcon was fine and made sense at the time...it's subsequent writers and petty Claremont himself who really made a nasty mess of it afterwards.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

LOL, this is a perfect Jean Grey song, CU!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!