Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where is this panel from, please?

Was Nate supposed to be a host to the PF? I have not seen him with it before.
    He was never a host. I can't remember the details of this image but it likely was during his battle with the evil Jean Grey from another universe

Theres nothing significant about the image. The artist just drew a PF psi-sgiature for some reason but there was no in story reason to explain that

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    He was never a host. I can't remember the details of this image but it likely was during his battle with the evil Jean Grey from another universe
    Jean had nothing to do with it and he wasnt battling anyone. He flew from Earth to outer space and thats what the image is depicting. Maddie is with him and they share a kiss
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-06-2024 at 07:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres nothing significant about the image. The artist just drew a PF psi-sgiature for some reason but there was no in story reason to explain that

Jean had nothing to do with it and he wasnt battling anyone. He flew from Earth to outer space and thats what the image is depicting. Maddie is with him and they share a kiss
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-06-2024 at 08:16 PM.

BANNED

More reasons the mythos needs a clean up from someone who digs JG.

The Phoenix Raptor was Maddie.

At this point she existed as Psionic Energy and could look however she wanted. She was with Nate in Ireland and he launched them into space together, but when he hit space instead of Maddie being with him initially it was a Phoenix Raptor instead.

Still made for a cool visual and definitely got the attention of anybody just flipping through the pages contemplating buying it...

Nate "dating" Madelyne is soooooooo fucking weird!!!! Will never get over it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Thank you!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    The Phoenix Raptor was Maddie.

At this point she existed as Psionic Energy and could look however she wanted. She was with Nate in Ireland and he launched them into space together, but when he hit space instead of Maddie being with him initially it was a Phoenix Raptor instead.

Still made for a cool visual and definitely got the attention of anybody just flipping through the pages contemplating buying it...
    Thank you, Icefanatic, for the additional pics and explanation!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Nate was basically an unofficial Phoenix. His powers were directly compared to Phoenix/Dark Phoenix several times and his powers were often fiery. I remember one of the writers stating that he was as powerful as he was, because he was a Grey and Jean's son.

That image was the only time he manifested the Phoenix effect, although as explained that might have been Maddie's energy. Of course Maddie also has a connection to the Phoenix.

The Cosmic Construction Worker did say that the Phoenix belonged to Jean and would come to her children as well.

When Cyclops channels Jean's and baby Nate's mental energy through his optic blast against Apocalypse in X-Factor #68, he feels the "blazing burning starsong". He wonders how Jean can handle it. But it seems to imply baby Nate has access to this as well.

Claremont often used "starsong" as a descriptor or euphemism for the Phoenix. A Phoenix can feel/hear the starsong.

Around the cross-time caper Excalibur issues, the starsong was said to be with Rachel since her conception.

Of course the Phoenix told Jean that it was aware of her since her conception as well. And the last page of Classic 42 shows the Phoenix in Jean's pre-teen mind. Sublime Beast told Jean that mutants like her introduced cosmic strands into the genepool with their births.

Also, in Excalibur #17, Roma states that Jean was the first human to ever bond with the Phoenix.

So before the retcons and add-ons about Firehair, Fonji, and Feron, it was stated on panel by a multiversal cosmic watcher that Jean was the first human to be Phoenix.

What about "Starsong" as a new codename for Jean Grey?

I always wanted Starchilde for Rachel. I prefer Jean's codename to be Phoenix whether she has the raptor or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    What about "Starsong" as a new codename for Jean Grey?
    No pleazzzz

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Just popping in briefly to share Weapon X-Men #1 pages and some art. I have school work to do, so I'll read and respond to posts later.

Another facet of Jean’s psyche—a psyche that transcends spacetime and exists as an omniversal force in its own right—has emerged bedecked in lilac. What mysteries will it reveal about our inimitable and indomitable redhead? 👀

I thought the AoA version of Logan was dead? and I'm assuming that is his Jean from the AoA reality (I'm assuming from the kiss)?

BANNED

I think they are alternate realities that look extremely similar to alt realities we have seen before.

Why this franchise is so hellbent on us talking about alt realities and copies of characters pretty much 99% of the time, I don't know.

Still only have time to dart in and out—I'm working on another paper—but I wanted to share this: While reviewing the summary on Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition, text revision (2022), I was struck by the inclusion of "externalizing angry and aggressive symptoms" (p. 601). I mean, I knew there was a correlation between trauma and anger, but I still felt her pain...😔 ❤️

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."