Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

that looks inspired by her Giant Size and Extraordinary costumes

Fantastic Member

I'VE developed a genuine soft spot for Logan/Jean over the last decade. when Jean was dead I felt like Logan was written to genuinely miss her as opposed to her husband The most dangerous man in the world and one of the most dangerous women have an irresistible pull to each other it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Here, hon.

I think I'll need some stronger in my cup!

Hahahaha, that is simply too cute!

(yeah, I know what you mean about needing something stronger, lol.)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hi Mercury!

These two images remind me of that fan-made video of Jean and Wolvie fighting the Sentinels where Jean turns into Phoenix destroying them all then becoming herself again.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I miss Jean.
    Same!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I'VE developed a genuine soft spot for Logan/Jean over the last decade. when Jean was dead I felt like Logan was written to genuinely miss her as opposed to her husband The most dangerous man in the world and one of the most dangerous women have an irresistible pull to each other it fits.
    I have come to look at them as two beings on concurrent and converging paths; she learning to not to hold herself back and explore whatever she is in addition to human, he learning to be more than a wild dog someone uses and in a way becoming more human, both kind of meeting in the middle in opposing, yet the same, directions. They have a symmetry. Potential for dynamism.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    We too, Gene. We're about to start fighting about the dress again! :P

Grab your glass and join us.
    Ooooh, fun! Sounds like it’s my time to shine again!

Art by Sabine Richie. Found on Pinterest.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 02-05-2024 at 06:00 PM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

She makes it look good here.

I wonder what the chances are that Marvel will troll us a bit and put her in the miniskirt one last time to cap off the Krakoa era?
    Last edited by The Thunderbird; 02-05-2024 at 08:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks for sharing, Mercury. I love that the sentinel looks like it's saying, "WTF is happening to my arm?" :D

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahahaha, that is simply too cute!

(yeah, I know what you mean about needing something stronger, lol.)
    Just kidding, It's probably more than two years since I drank any "something stronger." ;)

Oh, boy. Why did I have to go and mention it? :P

I have only one thing to say to you, Pyro.

Last edited by Grinning Soul; 02-06-2024 at 01:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm loving this one and how effortlessly she's taking the Sentinel apart with her teke.

I wish they'd give us more molecular telekinetic feats like the one in that picture. Reminds me of Morrison's run.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wish they'd give us more molecular telekinetic feats like the one in that picture. Reminds me of Morrison's run.
    That's exactatiously what came to mind when I saw it. Morrison's Jean was awesome.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's exactatiously what came to mind when I saw it. Morrison's Jean was awesome.
    Interestingly, from recollection, quantum/ atomic/ molecular tk (and everything else associated) was rare from writers for telekinetics in general.

Mike Carey used it with Exodus. Morrison obviously with Jean, but the Phoenix schtick always questioned people about Jean being capable of it on her own (ridiculous, I know). Claremont used it a lot with Rachel Summers. Greg Pak made use of it for Quentin. Steve Fox had Jean use it. Duggan wrote Jean threatening she would do atomic level Tk. I forget who the writer was that had Hellion using atomic Tk to save Hope Summers. Cable has also used it.

I know that looks like a lot, but we should also keep in mind the very, very long legacy of X-Men. I think the one character who has probably used molecular Tk the most of any character is Nate Grey on a mortal level. That’s without getting into gods and cosmic entities like the Phoenix.

BANNED

Interestingly, from recollection, quantum/ atomic/ molecular tk (and everything else associated) was rare from writers for telekinetics in general.

Mike Carey used it with Exodus. Morrison obviously with Jean, but the Phoenix schtick always questioned people about Jean being capable of it on her own (ridiculous, I know). Claremont used it a lot with Rachel Summers. Greg Pak made use of it for Quentin. Steve Fox had Jean use it. Duggan wrote Jean threatening she would do atomic level Tk. I forget who the writer was that had Hellion using atomic Tk to save Hope Summers. Cable has also used it.

I know that looks like a lot, but we should also keep in mind the very, very long legacy of X-Men. I think the one character who has probably used molecular Tk the most of any character is Nate Grey on a mortal level. That’s without getting into gods and cosmic entities like the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Where is this panel from, please?

Was Nate supposed to be a host to the PF? I have not seen him with it before.