Page 86 of 103 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1542

I really hope the next X-men 97 episode has Jean finally doing anything because i feel like she will die or have a poochie goes back to his home planet moment soon

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I really hope the next X-men 97 episode has Jean finally doing anything because i feel like she will die or have a poochie goes back to his home planet moment soon
    LOL...good thing they did the DPS back in the 90s when it was a kid's show on Sat morning. They'd most certainly have killed her off had they adapted that in '97

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I don't think they will kill her off. Besides the fact that Beau loves Jean too much to kill her off (especially before she becomes Phoenix because all the signs are pointing towards her reclaiming that mantle like she did in the mid-late 90s) there's also the fact that she was technically already killed off in the original show. If anything, I feel this means that she and Morph are the two most safe characters because it would be silly to kill them off again.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

TBH I feel like Jean hasn't been done well yet in the show. She's Nathan's mom! She should be the one with pink power signatures and they even gave Maddie green eyes when in Goblin Queen mode... And as someone whose favorite superhero couple is Cyclops and Jean Grey, watching them just insert more drama into their lives has been really really painful

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    TBH I feel like Jean hasn't been done well yet in the show. She's Nathan's mom! She should be the one with pink power signatures and they even gave Maddie green eyes when in Goblin Queen mode... And as someone whose favorite superhero couple is Cyclops and Jean Grey, watching them just insert more drama into their lives has been really really painful
    I feel similarly. It's a step-up from her portrayal in the original show but it does seem like Jean is just there while Maddie is getting all the good scenes. The Jean/Logan scenes have been the best so far. The lack of Storm means no Jean/Storm sister scenes and with Scott ignoring her, it feels a little odd that no one is giving her any attention or trying to figure out if she's holding up besides Logan.

I do think Jean will become Phoenix though so hopefully all of this builds up to something meaningful. It's time she gets a proper codename in the show and rid of that costume for what I consider her real classic suit.

She and Scott seemed like they were starting to open up to each other again before the psychic attack and Maddie's death so we'll have to wait and see if they can truly reconcile or not. I wonder if The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix will be adapted at some point with Scott and Jean both raising Nathan in the future. I think it'll be important for Jean to establish Nathan as just as much her son.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I feel similarly. It's a step-up from her portrayal in the original show but it does seem like Jean is just there while Maddie is getting all the good scenes. The Jean/Logan scenes have been the best so far. The lack of Storm means no Jean/Storm sister scenes and with Scott ignoring her, it feels a little odd that no one is giving her any attention or trying to figure out if she's holding up besides Logan.

I do think Jean will become Phoenix though so hopefully all of this builds up to something meaningful. It's time she gets a proper codename in the show and rid of that costume for what I consider her real classic suit.

She and Scott seemed like they were starting to open up to each other again before the psychic attack and Maddie's death so we'll have to wait and see if they can truly reconcile or not. I wonder if The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix will be adapted at some point with Scott and Jean both raising Nathan in the future. I think it'll be important for Jean to establish Nathan as just as much her son.
    What if Jean absorbs Maddie's memories like it she did in the comics? That would be the best option imo, and was saw that both of them were psychically attacked somehow when Cable returned and with Maddie dead her memories and experiences will transfer to Jean? That could be a starting point for Jean to gain maternal feelings for Nathan and perhaps getting an Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix adaptation in the future.
    Both Scott and Jean are in a terrible emotional place right now, But Scott should've just talked to her instead of you know, being Scott. I really don't like Jogan. Krakoan era despite not being my favorite for reasons made me care deeply about Scott and Jean's relationship again after a decade of Scemma nonsense so I hope I can see them reconcile at some point in the show
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-19-2024 at 09:45 PM.

What if Jean absorbs Maddie's memories like it she did in the comics? That would be the best option imo, and was saw that both of them were psychically attacked somehow when Cable returned and with Maddie dead her memories and experiences will transfer to Jean? That could be a starting point for Jean to gain maternal feelings for Nathan and perhaps getting an Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix adaptation in the future.
    Both Scott and Jean are in a terrible emotional place right now, But Scott should've just talked to her instead of you know, being Scott. I really don't like Jogan. Krakoan era despite not being my favorite for reasons made me care deeply about Scott and Jean's relationship again after a decade of Scemma nonsense so I hope I can see them reconcile at some point in the show
    I'm still expecting that Cable's time travel shenanigans will cause time to reset and the dead characters will come back. So I don't think Maddie will be dead permanently but I can see her ending up killed off again even in the revised timeline. Maybe she sacrifices herself to save her son. I think having Maddie and Jean merge like Claremont did in X-Men: The End would work, especially if Maddie is the part of Jean that loves Scott the most, hence why Scott seems closer to Maddie right now than Jean. Or they could go the route you suggested like post-Inferno where Jean absorbed Maddie's memory and consciousness. That could also fix their relationship. I am rooting for them to reunite and maybe have baby Rachel down the line.

I used to be a die-hard Jott shipper but over the years, I've become cynical and I don't have trust in Scott anymore. Ironically enough, it wasn't even the writing for his character or the fake blonde that disillusioned me so much as Cyclops fans on here when I saw how much venom they had for Jean, blaming her for everything wrong with Scott or how she always held him back. The way his fans wanted to have their cake and eat it too, with him moving on but sl*t-shaming Jean and wanting her to stay dead or never move on with someone else really annoyed me. I noticed then that Scott has very misogynistic fans especially compared to Logan's fandom, which I didn't expect because I would have assumed the opposite.

I'm not really a Jogan shipper but I wouldn't mind them becoming a pair (rather than trio) because I think Logan treats Jean better and has never hurt her the way Scott did. The leaked video game for Wolverine also seems to suggest that Marvel still wants to keep them as a pair so I think anything could go for the show and MCU because for the general public, Jean is still viewed as Wolverine's girl rather than Scott's. It doesn't seem like Marvel is willing to let go of the love triangle just yet. But ideally I'd rather see post-Eve of Destruction Scott erased from existence because I don't think that's the real Cyclops and X-Men '97 provides that clean slate. I haven't been following the Krakoan era because I've despised it from the beginning but the one thing I think it did well was reunite Scott and Jean as the X-Men's OTP and power couple. The X-Men aren't the X-Men without Scott and Jean together.

I'm still expecting that Cable's time travel shenanigans will cause time to reset and the dead characters will come back. So I don't think Maddie will be dead permanently but I can see her ending up killed off again even in the revised timeline. Maybe she sacrifices herself to save her son. I think having Maddie and Jean merge like Claremont did in X-Men: The End would work, especially if Maddie is the part of Jean that loves Scott the most, hence why Scott seems closer to Maddie right now than Jean. Or they could go the route you suggested like post-Inferno where Jean absorbed Maddie's memory and consciousness. That could also fix their relationship. I am rooting for them to reunite and maybe have baby Rachel down the line.

I used to be a die-hard Jott shipper but over the years, I've become cynical and I don't have trust in Scott anymore. Ironically enough, it wasn't even the writing for his character or the fake blonde that disillusioned me so much as Cyclops fans on here when I saw how much venom they had for Jean, blaming her for everything wrong with Scott or how she always held him back. The way his fans wanted to have their cake and eat it too, with him moving on but sl*t-shaming Jean and wanting her to stay dead or never move on with someone else really annoyed me. I noticed then that Scott has very misogynistic fans especially compared to Logan's fandom, which I didn't expect because I would have assumed the opposite.

I'm not really a Jogan shipper but I wouldn't mind them becoming a pair (rather than trio) because I think Logan treats Jean better and has never hurt her the way Scott did. The leaked video game for Wolverine also seems to suggest that Marvel still wants to keep them as a pair so I think anything could go for the show and MCU because for the general public, Jean is still viewed as Wolverine's girl rather than Scott's. It doesn't seem like Marvel is willing to let go of the love triangle just yet. But ideally I'd rather see post-Eve of Destruction Scott erased from existence because I don't think that's the real Cyclops and X-Men '97 provides that clean slate. I haven't been following the Krakoan era because I've despised it from the beginning but the one thing I think it did well was reunite Scott and Jean as the X-Men's OTP and power couple. The X-Men aren't the X-Men without Scott and Jean together.
    I know how you feel but there are rotten eggs in every fandom. Cyclops has always been my favorite superhero but that has not stopped me from talking about his character flaws. There are tons of Cyke fans out there that prefer Jean over any other love interest. I think Rosenberg's UXM and Krakoan era did undo the damage he had done to Jean in Morrison's NXM. Bro's like nobody can judge me but my wife nowadays. He's not even afraid of Jean being powerful and pridefully enjoys saying that his wife is the most powerful X-Man. So don't be too cynical because there's alway hope. And you're right, X-Men without Scott and Jean together is like Superman without Lois Lane.

Oh and Logan and Jean don't end up on good terms in the Wolverine game and that's before she's met Scott anyways

I know how you feel but there are rotten eggs in every fandom. Cyclops has always been my favorite superhero but that has not stopped me from talking about his character flaws. There are tons of Cyke fans out there that prefer Jean over any other love interest. I think Rosenberg's UXM and Krakoan era did undo the damage he had done to Jean in Morrison's NXM. Bro's like nobody can judge me but my wife nowadays. He's not even afraid of Jean being powerful and pridefully enjoys saying that his wife is the most powerful X-Man. So don't be too cynical because there's alway hope. And you're right, X-Men without Scott and Jean together is like Superman without Lois Lane.

Oh and Logan and Jean don't end up on good terms in the Wolverine game and that's before she's met Scott anyways
    That's true, every fandom has some bad apples, but I think it shocked me about how vocal and hard-hearted the Cyclops ones on here were. I think it's a generational thing too. In online spaces, you'll generally see younger fans and they resonate more with what they're currently reading or what they grew up on so I see more of the "Rightclops" cult online who don't seem to care about his character before the 2000s but hail the Utopia version like a cult leader. It's very jarring for me. Cyclops was my favorite male hero growing up because I liked the boy scout, traditional type. I was not a Wolverine fan lol. It was only in the last decade or so that my feelings towards them swapped which was partly because I was on Wolverine's side during Schism.

I'm glad to see that fans of the true Cyclops still exist. I think a lot of the Wrongclops defenders got banned anyway which helps. I'm hoping between X-Men '97 and the MCU, that general audiences grow to appreciate the real Cyclops again the same way they learned to love Captain America even with Iron Man as the more obvious choice. That's good to hear about Cyclops being improved by Rosenberg's writing, at least in terms of how he treats Jean. I know that's an unpopular take because all the Cyclops fans I see online seem to despise Rosenberg's writing for him and how he's been reduced to a yes man, but I'll just say that I think this is a much needed karmic balance from fans who were tired of how overused he was in the 2000s/2010s period.

I remember the ending for the game but knowing Marvel, I think that when she meets Scott in the X-Men sequel game, obviously Logan will be reintroduced and I wouldn't put it past them to continue the love triangle drama. Since Logan is her first love here, I can see it being established that he's her real soulmate and she'll eventually go back to him after she forgives him for killing her parents or whatever issue she had with him that I can't remember now. I think it'll depend on how much they lean on the FoX-Men dynamics in the new MCU movies like keeping up the love triangle.

The Red Dragon

I agree. For being such a big Jean fan, Beau’s Jean seems rather flat. She doesn’t leave a strong impression at all. Meh

jean’s focus episode was more a Maddie episode.
    Last edited by Tank; 04-20-2024 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I agree. For being such a big Jean fan, Beau’s Jean seems rather flat. She doesn’t leave a strong impression at all. Meh

jean’s focus episode was more a Maddie episode.
    As someone who never cared for Maddie in the comics, I'm more impressed by her than Jean in the show so far and find myself almost rooting for Maddie instead. I'll wait to pass final judgment by the end of the season and hope everything comes together by then.

The Red Dragon

As someone who never cared for Maddie in the comics, I'm more impressed by her than Jean in the show so far and find myself almost rooting for Maddie instead. I'll wait to pass final judgment by the end of the season and hope everything comes together by then.
    Imagine trying to salvage Jean’s poor animated series portrayal and instead you decide to give her clone all the cool scenes while still making her faint.

I’m starting to lose my patience with this show. I don’t care if he says he’s a fan. His Jean is mid

Imagine trying to salvage Jean’s poor animated series portrayal and instead you decide to give her clone all the cool scenes while still making her faint.

I’m starting to lose my patience with this show. I don’t care if he says he’s a fan. His Jean is mid
    The ponytail thing is a little grating too. It seems like now Jean can only wear her hair in a ponytail (although Maddie is allowed to wear her hair up on Genosha). In fact, what clued me in on the fact that Scott was psychically talking to Maddie and not Jean was the fact that her hair was down since by this point, the show had already established that hair down means Maddie and hair in a ponytail is Jean, NO EXCEPTIONS. This seems to ignore the fact that in the original show, Jean only had her hair in a ponytail while in X-Men uniform. She always had her hair down in her civilian looks but that doesn't seem allowed anymore.

I'm hoping for the Phoenix transformation because I think that will help salvage the character since nothing's being done for her right now besides being overshadowed by Maddie. I hope the blue power effects go away too because I was never a fan of that and pink is her color.

That's true, every fandom has some bad apples, but I think it shocked me about how vocal and hard-hearted the Cyclops ones on here were. I think it's a generational thing too. In online spaces, you'll generally see younger fans and they resonate more with what they're currently reading or what they grew up on so I see more of the "Rightclops" cult online who don't seem to care about his character before the 2000s but hail the Utopia version like a cult leader. It's very jarring for me. Cyclops was my favorite male hero growing up because I liked the boy scout, traditional type. I was not a Wolverine fan lol. It was only in the last decade or so that my feelings towards them swapped which was partly because I was on Wolverine's side during Schism.

I'm glad to see that fans of the true Cyclops still exist. I think a lot of the Wrongclops defenders got banned anyway which helps. I'm hoping between X-Men '97 and the MCU, that general audiences grow to appreciate the real Cyclops again the same way they learned to love Captain America even with Iron Man as the more obvious choice. That's good to hear about Cyclops being improved by Rosenberg's writing, at least in terms of how he treats Jean. I know that's an unpopular take because all the Cyclops fans I see online seem to despise Rosenberg's writing for him and how he's been reduced to a yes man, but I'll just say that I think this is a much needed karmic balance from fans who were tired of how overused he was in the 2000s/2010s period.

I remember the ending for the game but knowing Marvel, I think that when she meets Scott in the X-Men sequel game, obviously Logan will be reintroduced and I wouldn't put it past them to continue the love triangle drama. Since Logan is her first love here, I can see it being established that he's her real soulmate and she'll eventually go back to him after she forgives him for killing her parents or whatever issue she had with him that I can't remember now. I think it'll depend on how much they lean on the FoX-Men dynamics in the new MCU movies like keeping up the love triangle.
    Ironically I'm a Gen Z-er yet I prefer how he was portrayed by the likes of Louise Simonson, Scott Lobdell etc. He was a good old fashioned Superhero that's why I like him. Post Apocalypse Possession Cyclops was a product of its time, The America after 9/11 attacks. Everyone had to be edgy and morally ambiguous. I wouldn't call him wrongclops because Wolverine was literally a race traitor and it was Scott who saved the mutants from the brink of extinction. But that Scott died and when he was resurrected by the Phoenix, he realized what doing what is necessary approach had done to him and decided to be a true Superhero again. Ultimately I think Jean makes him a much better person because she's not afraid of standing up to him and putting him in his place.

Lol. People are calling Maddie the "Superior Wife" now.