Page 65 of 98 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

I wish Jean would’ve absorbed Maddie in the end and be done with it. Really loved the episode and I did notice a difference between Jean and Maddie as far as power, but I hate that he was actually successful in cloning Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I wish Jean would’ve absorbed Maddie in the end and be done with it. Really loved the episode and I did notice a difference between Jean and Maddie as far as power, but I hate that he was actually successful in cloning Jean Grey.
    My speculation is that Maddie will die at some point and maybe Jean will absorb her mind (merge) and if that occurs they won't need to tell us when they were switched (it will become moot). Though that would be frustrating because we all want to know!

Or Maddie might live so she can cause conflict in later seasons. This episode did right by Maddie by showcasing her humanity and her love for her son. At least she didn't try to kill him to unleash hell on earth lol

I would love to see an episode or two where Scott and Jean go to the future and help raise Nate (an animated version of the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix). One can dream!

Jean and Maddie already merged minds. Jean was missing a lot of her memories thanks to Sinister transferring them into Maddie. During Jean and Maddie's duel, it seems like Jean got those memories back along with Maddie's. That's why they can't tell when the switch was made. They are basically the same person, except Maddie gave birth to Nathan and wears her hair down.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 03-27-2024 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Jean and Maddie already merged minds. Jean was missing a lot of her memories thanks to Sinister transferring them into Maddie. During Jean and Maddie's duel, it seems like Jean got those memories back along with Maddie's. That's why they can't tell when the switch was made. They are basically the same person, except Maddie gave birth to Nathan and wears her hair down.
    Except they're not the same person. Im with marquisAsh. There should have been an actual merger, considering Maddie wasnt her own character up until the point they met. The finale left things too messy

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My speculation is that Maddie will die at some point and maybe Jean will absorb her mind (merge) and if that occurs they won't need to tell us when they were switched (it will become moot). Though that would be frustrating because we all want to know!

Or Maddie might live so she can cause conflict in later seasons. This episode did right by Maddie by showcasing her humanity and her love for her son. At least she didn't try to kill him to unleash hell on earth lol

I would love to see an episode or two where Scott and Jean go to the future and help raise Nate (an animated version of the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix). One can dream!
    I think its so foolish of her to justspoilers:
    leave the X-mansion and strike out on her own considering Sinister is still out there and she left herself vulnerable to be kidnapped by him
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-27-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Except they're not the same person. Im with marquisAsh. There should have been an actual merger, considering Maddie wasnt her own character up until the point they met. The finale left things too messy

I think its so foolish of her to justspoilers:
    leave the X-mansion and strike out on her own considering Sinister is still out there and she left herself vulnerable to be kidnapped by him
    end of spoilers
    Disagree vehemently with you.

She doesn’t even know who she is as a person. Yet the play is to stay in the one place where it was all a lie? Her baby is safe. Sinister is nowhere near powerful enough to take her on again after their connection was broken.

There is literally no reason beyond staying with Scott at the mansion, which holds an entire baggage with someone who effectively turned his back on her when it counted from her point of view (Scott may not have saw it that way, but that is how it came off in the end).

Leaving makes the most sense for her character.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Disagree vehemently with you.

She doesn’t even know who she is as a person. Yet the play is to stay in the one place where it was all a lie? Her baby is safe. Sinister is nowhere near powerful enough to take her on again after their connection was broken.

There is literally no reason beyond staying with Scott at the mansion, which holds an entire baggage with someone who effectively turned his back on her when it counted from her point of view (Scott may not have saw it that way, but that is how it came off in the end).

Leaving makes the most sense for her character.
    very true Scott didnt take her side at all
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I just thought as she became more aware her memories were coming back. At the start of the episode Maddie scanned Jean and she saw some of her vague memories. Then again you are prob correct because at the end Maddie and Jean acted like Jean knew (or had the memories0 of Maddie wanting to leave.

My other theory is instead of merging they are already psychically linked and we sharing memories from the get go (from when Maddie first awoke).

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    So Beautiful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Too exhausted from work to expound, but I loved the latest episode of X-Men 97. I'll write more later. Also:

Yes, I share the feeling!

This is a beautiful cover!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Episode 3 was heaven. I thought Beau and the creative team, in general, handled Jean, Maddie, and Scott fairly and justly. Also, I'm all in for Jean's pathos, history (Annie! 😭 ), and abilities being given focus and respect. It's clear her arc will comprise the aftermath of the abuse and trauma she endured at Sinister's hands, and I wouldn't be surprised if this results in a hardened, tougher Jean. It also wouldn't surprise me if she manifests Phoenix again at some point... Lastly, I loved that her power signature was both crystal blue and fuschia pink at various points.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Part of me is hoping there’s a double cross there and that Beau wasn’t fired, feige just saw his work and liked it so much he instantly nabbed him for the x-men’s mcu run.

But yeah, fabulous episode. I’m so glad shows like Harley Quinn have broken the glass ceiling and proved that old idiot producer wrong that women don’t watch cartoons so you need to make men the focus all the time

Loved the third episode a lot. the plot could have been the entire season though. They have put sooooo much into 30 minutes and the pacing was far to quick. But I feel it worked somehow. I still think it would have been a good idea to spend some quality time with the new baby before sending the child into the future. It did not left any emotion punch. I feel like everyone was ready to ship the child into the future as fast as possible. lol

Just concerned for casual fans of the X-Men. Can you really understand this series without knowing the entire X-Men canon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Loved the third episode a lot. the plot could have been the entire season though. They have put sooooo much into 30 minutes and the pacing was far to quick. But I feel it worked somehow. I still think it would have been a good idea to spend some quality time with the new baby before sending the child into the future. It did not left any emotion punch. I feel like everyone was ready to ship the child into the future as fast as possible. lol

Just concerned for casual fans of the X-Men. Can you really understand this series without knowing the entire X-Men canon?!
    You can. My kids are following along no problem. They have a passing knowledge of the X-men, or at least who the major characters are, but not deep knowledge of X-men comic book canon. And they love the series so far. Obviously they know my faves are Wolverine and Cable, so they’re excited to see the latter now after seeing his origin (being infected with the T-O virus and sent to the future) in this latest episode.

My daughter (17) in particular was like, “So that’s why Cable is half bionic and from the future!” And I had to tell her… “Not exactly, but close enough. It was actually Apocalypse who infected him in the comics, while Sinister wanted him without the infection and at full power so he could be used as a weapon against Apocalypse. The cartoon takes certain liberties just like the movies do in their adaptations of these stories.” She seemed satisfied with that explanation.

Regardless, they’re very invested. And my daughter is particularly invested in the Jean-Scott-Maddy story as she feels sorry for all of them. And she can’t believe Rogue is attracted to Magneto’s old ass either. Ha. My son seems to just dig the action overall. But neither of them have glanced at their phones once while watching these three episodes with me, which in and of itself is a win.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

It's been confirmed that Jean transmuted Maddie’s Goblin Force energy into little Phoenixes. The way Beau is gradually underscoring her power and mythos. 🤌🏻
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

I think its obvious they have a plan of what htey want to do and thats to bring Cable into the fold. He is probably needed for the 3 part finale plot so they had to plant these seeds now