Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

P.S. Don't ever try to convince me she became Dark Phoenix because she was enjoying this...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

To lighten the mood, here's some beautiful Dauterman art with Jean in her Jim Lee redesign. It's amazing how much I love this new version.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    What about "Starsong" as a new codename for Jean Grey?
    No. Jean is fine as just Jean or Phoenix should she keep the PF

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing96 View Post
    I thought the AoA version of Logan was dead? and I'm assuming that is his Jean from the AoA reality (I'm assuming from the kiss)?
    these Wolverines are plucked from time and space so that doesnt matter. There can be any number of versions of Wolverine based off of the AOA timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Anyone else think that the Jean mini series should have been published a bit later than it was? Considering how Jean was at the end of it, all radiant and bursting with self awareness, and then her presentation in the comics….it seems somehow anti climatic, although the hints at Jean as Phoenix in the other comics might have spoiled the mini.
    I think they published it at the right time. She will be pivotal and central during the climax to Fall of X. The long wait between her mini and said climax will be just right in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    And Jean may be alive in WHR, but her body is ashes………. What’s gonna happen?
    Oh, honey, really? We've been here before. She's rebuilt her body from wisps of ashes multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    ...I think they kept the power signature and eyes blue for consistency with the previous cartoon...
    Interestingly enough, the intro to the original series had her manifesting a blue and pink power signature. It would be great if she did the same in the actual series. I wouldn't be surprised if Beau asked for this, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I miss Jean.
    Aw! She's with us, love. She's traversing timelines, engaging in psionic trysts with her husband, and preparing for the grand finale!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I'VE developed a genuine soft spot for Logan/Jean over the last decade. when Jean was dead I felt like Logan was written to genuinely miss her as opposed to her husband The most dangerous man in the world and one of the most dangerous women have an irresistible pull to each other it fits.
    I love them, too. But I also love her marriage to Scott. My ideal situation would include (or would have included?) her breaking up with Scott to be with Logan for a while. Actually, that's what I would have had her do during New X-Men. Even still, I'm glad she was allowed to consummate her relationship with Logan during this era. I think it was an important development for her, one that can be mined later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi Mercury! These two images remind me of that fan-made video of Jean and Wolvie fighting the Sentinels where Jean turns into Phoenix destroying them all then becoming herself again.
    Hi, love! Yes, I can see what you mean! They're gorgeous pieces, for sure. And I have the strongest suspicion Jean's appearance in X-Men '97 will be more akin to that fan-made video than the original series... :hug:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I have come to look at them as two beings on concurrent and converging paths; she learning to not to hold herself back and explore whatever she is in addition to human, he learning to be more than a wild dog someone uses and in a way becoming more human, both kind of meeting in the middle in opposing, yet the same, directions. They have a symmetry. Potential for dynamism.
    This is basically Claremont's view, and I agree with it. It reminds me of this conversation, too.

Thanks for sharing, Mercury. I love that the sentinel looks like it's saying, "WTF is happening to my arm?" : D
    You're welcome, love! It does!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres nothing significant about the image. The artist just drew a PF psi-sgiature for some reason but there was no in story reason to explain that...
    What PhoenixStudies and the Claremont's Classic X-Men page say below.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    ...I remember one of the writers stating that [Nate] was as powerful as he was, because he was a Grey and Jean's son...
    "You are where she came from, don't you yet understand?...The Phoenix is neither being nor entity (as you perceive such things)...it is a FORCE. The sum and substance of ALL THAT LIVES...Your unique gift is to be the one capable of wielding that force. It came to you, Jean--as it will in time to your children--because, like the sword Excalibur was to King Arthur...it is yours by RIGHT."

And another thing...This is why I love them: Because of how brutally honest with themselves—and with each other—they can be about one another. Frankly, it's why they're meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Still only have time to dart in and out—I'm working on another paper—but I wanted to share this: While reviewing the summary on Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition, text revision (2022), I was struck by the inclusion of "externalizing angry and aggressive symptoms" (p. 601). I mean, I knew there was a correlation between trauma and anger, but I still felt her pain...😔 ❤️

Oh yes, I am quite aware of this distress and how individuals with it can act. Many of the shooters and snipers and those entering the classrooms and killing the innocents there are in this category.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

P.S. Don't ever try to convince me she became Dark Phoenix because she was enjoying this...

No, Jean was not enjoying this happenstance. It took her by surprise with each occurrence, and just as she was beginning to ask herself questions or mention things aloud, some other event would happen stiffling her chance to ask/act/deduce what was happening to her.

This is how the writer wanted the story to go because note how Prof X was absent and unaware of all of these things, which at the time with all of his high-level TP, he would have sensed/known/figured out some of the things happening to Jean.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Interestingly enough, the intro to the original series had her manifesting a blue and pink power signature. It would be great if she did the same in the actual series. I wouldn't be surprised if Beau asked for this, actually...
    They had to make decisions on how they'd approach the new version, right? I think the rationale they used was that they'd change what the characters could change (such as hair styles and uniforms), but keep what a character could not (easily, at least) change, such as eye colour and power signature.

It makes sense, really.

I was just expressing my preference, but I understood their decision.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 02-08-2024 at 06:06 AM.

They had to make decisions on how they'd approach the new version, right? I think the rationale they used was that they'd change what the characters could change (such as hair styles and uniforms), but keep what a character could not (easily, at least) change, such as eye colour and power signature.

It makes sense, really.

I was just expressing my preference, but I understood their decision.
    I am in agreement with you, GS.

Also, I think we have seen a pic of Jean with her blue power signature for the New Series, so no pink here, but that is okay. I just want good Jean action!

BANNED

New Series? There's a new series?

BANNED

Why isn't Nimrod and company not going all scorched Earth on what's left of Mutantdom straight-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    New Series? There's a new series?
    Behave yourself, Micabe. You know about the continuing saga of our favorite mutants!

BANNED

Seriously, is there a new title being released or is this a reboot of an old title?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Seriously, is there a new title being released or is this a reboot of an old title?
    No, not a book series. The Cartoon Adventures of the X-Men, previously as X-Men: the Animated Series and now X-Men '97.