Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Dauterman Jean incoming…

So excited and curious.

Berto Martinez

I really wished we would finally get some X-Men casting announcements...I know, I know, we have to be patient for several years.

My new fan casting these days for Jean Grey after seeing hunger games yesterday: Hunter Schaefer!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post

Berto Martinez
    This is lovely!

I love the red fire on the background and the alterations to the uniform. :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

So the Data Page in Rise says the White Hot Room is mortally wounded. We know that is because Jean was mortally wounded there (and she is connected to the White Hot Room and is of the Phoenix). So with Jean/Phoenix/White Hot Room dying, how are they going to save her?

This could have been a good way to keep her as Phoenix but limit her power (Phoenix/White Hot Room having to build back up from being nearly wiped out), but she will probably have to power up to help defeat Enigma Dominion. Right? Or will she expend so much energy then that her power levels will be reduced?

It kinda makes me nervous that I cant' foresee how this is going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I really wished we would finally get some X-Men casting announcements...I know, I know, we have to be patient for several years.

My new fan casting these days for Jean Grey after seeing hunger games yesterday: Hunter Schaefer!
    Hunter has gone mildly red before, the visual could work...but as you said, we are YEARS off from anything.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Gail Simone changed her Twitter cover photo to Dauterman's JG.
    I've been low-key spamming her here and there for about two months. Yesterday, I tweeted my Dark Phoenix analysis thread (https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...86305746059273) at her with the caption:

Food for thought, @GailSimone: Using the analysis below to contextualize Jean’s seemingly contradictory post-Dark Phoenix story, one can attribute her denial of her Phoenix identity and continual fragmentation throughout the decades—physically and metaphysically—to acute trauma. https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...97587075850349
    Today, she RTed a tweet of mine from over a month ago promoting Bleeding Cool's article on Jean Grey #4's Top 10 sales (https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...03427984367727). Something tells me she's perused my account. She also liked and RTed some other Jean content today.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean looking both beautiful and powerful!!
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    So the Data Page in Rise says the White Hot Room is mortally wounded. We know that is because Jean was mortally wounded there (and she is connected to the White Hot Room and is of the Phoenix). So with Jean/Phoenix/White Hot Room dying, how are they going to save her?
    Jean may end up saving herself. Or I could see Hope reusing Jean's power and abilities to wake her up.

This could have been a good way to keep her as Phoenix but limit her power (Phoenix/White Hot Room having to build back up from being nearly wiped out)
    She has already been reestablished as intrinsically and unbreakably tied to Phoenix in a way no others have been or ever will be by both Simonson and Gillen. The receipts are there. The reason she is catatonic is because her self-induced resurrection was intercepted by Mother Righteous and hundreds of thousands of mutants arriving in the White Hot Room.

...but she will probably have to power up to help defeat Enigma Dominion. Right? Or will she expend so much energy then that her power levels will be reduced?
    She will have to fully manifest Phoenix, yes. (The phrase "power up" irks me because Phoenix is a facet of her being, and she is a facet of Phoenix.) Afterward, she will likely return to the power levels she has displayed in the last two to three years.

It kinda makes me nervous that I cant' foresee how this is going to go.
    I love it!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think Jean will die and the Five will resurrect her. But I think something about the circuit will be different with this resurrection, and what ends up happening is the Five sacrifice themselves to create the Phoenix and it will be retconned that this is the origin of the Phoenix. All the collective power of the Five added to Jean’s own and boosted by the inclusion of Hope is the Phoenix. This would also take resurrection off the board for the next era.

Im more than ready for them to finally tag Jean in. She's been on standby for too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im more than ready for them to finally tag Jean in. She's been on standby for too long!
    being "double-killed" on several planes of existence is definitely something new for her. lol ;-) I don't even know what to say about it. There seems to be a weird joy of inflicting violent harm to characters going on in the current X-Men run. I'm quite disturbed by it. Putting mutants in camps, casually and violently killing main characters left and right,...

...I think I will take a break from reading comics for a while after Krakoa closes it gates for good.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-11-2024 at 01:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    being "double-killed" on several planes of existence is definitely something new for her. lol ;-) I don't even know what to say about it. There seems to be a weird joy of inflicting violent harm to characters going on in the current X-Men run. I'm quite disturbed by it. Putting mutants in camps, casually and violently killing main characters left and right,...

...I think I will take a break from reading comics for a while after Krakoa closes it gates for good.
    Wait... What??? Jean's been killed even though she was recently killed by Moria X with a knife coated with Blightswill?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-11-2024 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... What??? Jean's been killed even though she was recently killed by Moria X with a knife coated with Blightswill?
    In the last issue of IXM, Mother Righteous "killed" Jean in a "blood sacrifice" to use the creative power of the WHR to write her ascension into a Dominion.

So, yeah... Jean was "killed" *while* already dead.

[NOTE: don't get mad at me. I didn't write this sh**]

Like the Phoenix and I say, "nobody does it better." :P

I joke not to cry.

BANNED

I don't find it that farfetched to be able to kill the body, and then kill a deeper, more ethereal aspect of a person, like a soul or whatever.

We jumped the shark a long time ago when we decided to look the other way about a lady who can make things move around by just thinking about them haha

I don't find it that farfetched to be able to kill the body, and then kill a deeper, more ethereal aspect of a person, like a soul or whatever.

We jumped the shark a long time ago when we decided to look the other way about a lady who can make things move around by just thinking about them haha
    I see your point. But it's an entire different discussion how farfetched it is.

My point was that only our girl dies while dead! :D

NOTE: I'm not being literal, by the way. I know one of you wonderful nerds will think of another example. I'm *just* joking. :P

For sure. At least it also gives an answer to many fans who thought that it is depicted way too easy to kill off Omega Mutant Queen Jean Grey. Now we know at least that it is an extremely challenging endeavor to really kill her for good:

You not only have to find a way to destroy her physical body but also find a way to send 250.000 mutants inside the White Hot Room to confuse her enough to be able to also kill her soul.

I'm just exhausted to see so much violence in the x-books...