Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    In the last issue of IXM, Mother Righteous "killed" Jean in a "blood sacrifice" to use the creative power of the WHR to write her ascension into a Dominion.

So, yeah... Jean was "killed" *while* already dead.

[NOTE: don't get mad at me. I didn't write this sh**]

Like the Phoenix and I say, "nobody does it better." :P

I joke not to cry.
    I am right there with you, GS! Here--(I am sharing my handerchief with you 50/50.)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am right there with you, GS! Here--(I am sharing my handerchief with you 50/50.) :(
    Here, honey. :)

Let's hope this "death" serves to get her to snap out of her confusion (because a bunch of people who aren't dead is inside the WHR) and she gets to do something.

It's not fun to read Jean in this state. At least, not for me.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-11-2024 at 09:08 AM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... What??? Jean's been killed even though she was recently killed by Moria X with a knife coated with Blightswill?
    Yes. After Moira killed Jean, Jean's mind/soul went to the White Hot Room. In the Jean solo, she created alternate realities in the White Hot Room where she made different choices in her past. She was trying to figure out where she went wrong that led to her current situation. It ended with her accepting her Phoenix power.

In Immortal it was revealed that 250,000 mutants on Krakoa had been teleported into the White Hot Room. This was Mother Righteous' doing to disorient Jean because having the subjective experiences of 250,000 mutants in her mind made it harder for her to come together to be reborn.

Anyways, Mother Righteous led Jean through the desert and through the cosmic construction worker's towers and into the empty white space part of the White Hot Room.

She stabs Jean through the heart and uses her blood to write a god into existence there in the White Hot Room.

However, original Sinister had created a failsafe so that when each of his clones succeeded in becoming/creating a Dominion, their dominion-ness would go to him.

Jean is currently bleeding out in the White Hot Room and the White Hot Room is said to be mortally wounded (because Jean is).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

She has already been reestablished as intrinsically and unbreakably tied to Phoenix in a way no others have been or ever will be by both Simonson and Gillen. The receipts are there. The reason she is catatonic is because her self-induced resurrection was intercepted by Mother Righteous and hundreds of thousands of mutants arriving in the White Hot Room.

Jean being able to take control of the White Hot Room in Jean Grey #11 and her being disoriented by having 250k living beings with their subjective experiences in the White Hot Room in Immortal #18, implies (at least on some woo level) that the White Hot Room is Jean's mindscape, no?

Like stated in Immortal 17, Jean is the house where the Phoenix lives and the Phoenix is the house where Jean lives and The White Hot Room is where the Phoenix lives.

The Phoenix is as dead as Jean is. Now Jean is mortally wounded and so is the White Hot Room.

Jean is Phoenix is White Hot Room is Jean is Phoenix is White Hot Room... in a circle without beginning or end.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-11-2024 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Yes. After Moira killed Jean, Jean's mind/soul went to the White Hot Room. In the Jean solo, she created alternate realities in the White Hot Room where she made different choices in her past. She was trying to figure out where she went wrong that led to her current situation. It ended with her accepting her Phoenix power.

In Immortal it was revealed that 250,000 mutants on Krakoa had been teleported into the White Hot Room. This was Mother Righteous' doing to disorient Jean because having the subjective experiences of 250,000 mutants in her mind made it harder for her to come together to be reborn.

Anyways, Mother Righteous led Jean through the desert and through the cosmic construction worker's towers and into the empty white space part of the White Hot Room.

She stabs Jean through the heart and uses her blood to write a god into existence there in the White Hot Room.

However, original Sinister had created a failsafe so that when each of his clones succeeded in becoming/creating a Dominion, their dominion-ness would go to him.

Jean is currently bleeding out in the White Hot Room and the White Hot Room is said to be mortally wounded (because Jean is).
    Kinda sick of Jean dying just to come back again.

But doesn’t it all seem over complicated? Maybe it’s me but I miss old fashioned superhero stories, told in a more linear fashion, without have to read multiple books that feed into the larger story line, and not in a way the crossovers usually do. I read Fall of. x and Rise of Powers of X 1, and I just felt bewildered, though. Nimrod does mention Phoenix Fire at some point.

I do am also getting disturbed by the amount of violence currently in the books, it seems the oppression / genocide is happening too closely in our own world, so reading it makes it uncomfortable. And I want challenging but comfortable reading. Xmen with Orchis and so many time lines is becoming more sci fi than superhero. The only reason I get them is for Jean, and yet she is out of action for at least 3 months.

Am not sure where I’m going with this, Jeans body had turned to dust in Hellfire Gala, now she is “killed” well stabbed, in WHR. Enough Jean aimed violence!

At least Jean dies to return, always coming back.

But I feel some of that frustration too.

At least Jean dies to return, always coming back.

But I feel some of that frustration too.
    It does at least confirm how [SPOILER]Raven beat Jean in Death Battle. The soul can be killed by Raven in the white room if this thing can do it. [/SPOILER]

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Jean being able to take control of the White Hot Room in Jean Grey #11 and her being disoriented by having 250k living beings with their subjective experiences in the White Hot Room in Immortal #18, implies (at least on some woo level) that the White Hot Room is Jean's mindscape, no?

Like stated in Immortal 17, Jean is the house where the Phoenix lives and the Phoenix is the house where Jean lives and The White Hot Room is where the Phoenix lives.

The Phoenix is as dead as Jean is. Now Jean is mortally wounded and so is the White Hot Room.

Jean is Phoenix is White Hot Room is Jean is Phoenix is White Hot Room... in a circle without beginning or end.
    I kind of figured that since Immortal 18 implied that Jean = Phoenix = White Hot Room that since Jean and the Phoenix were wounded then the WHR would be as well. Which begs the question that if Jean dies here wouldn't that destroy the WHR and kill all the mutants stuck there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I kind of figured that since Immortal 18 implied that Jean = Phoenix = White Hot Room that since Jean and the Phoenix were wounded then the WHR would be as well. Which begs the question that if Jean dies here wouldn't that destroy the WHR and kill all the mutants stuck there?
    Most likely it would but does it mean those killed are dead dead like impossible to ressurrect?

There is suppose to be a divine intervention by the Phoenix and an escape from the White Hot Room at some point. I hope its actually shown on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I dont think that Jean/Phoenix/WHR can ever be copletely destroyed. They'll always heal and come back but "killing" her here will just make it take longer

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post

Berto Martinez
    I’ve set this as my wallpaper on my phone, I just love it / the colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I’ve set this as my wallpaper on my phone, I just love it / the colours.
    She reminds me of an actress, but I can't remember who. It's driving me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Here, honey.

Let's hope this "death" serves to get her to snap out of her confusion (because a bunch of people who aren't dead is inside the WHR) and she gets to do something.

It's not fun to read Jean in this state. At least, not for me.
    Ah, perfect, luv! You always make me laugh and I certainly needed one today, so thank you so very much!! :HUGS:

I agree, what is this other-people-not-dead-in-the-WHR stuff? Also re:killing Jean while she is still dead? Hurting the WHR?

Naw, none of that sits right with me!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, perfect, luv! You always make me laugh and I certainly needed one today, so thank you so very much!! :HUGS:

I agree, what is this other-people-not-dead-in-the-WHR stuff? Also re:killing Jean while she is still dead? Hurting the WHR?

Naw, none of that sits right with me!
    Oh, hon-hon... I hope this also helps:

Like Cher would say (or sing), when you're sad, I'm a clown. :)

"I got you, babe."

As for Jeannie and the mess they're doing with the WHR lore... well, we've survived worse, I guess. This too shall pass. :)