Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1558
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, it looks like them to me. Good catch, GS!
    Thanks, hon. I only saw it because I was looking for the damn holempathic crystal. :D

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The holempathic matrix crystal of Jean is in the lower right hand corner, at the feet of the X-baby version of Outback-era armored Psylocke.
    I couldn't find it either until I saw this Bleeding Cool article where they split the image, which made it easier to scan.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spli...eable-slivers/
    Love seeing Betts in her 'Outback' outfit. But... BINERY! I actually prefer that version of Carol. Actually, if Jean is going to be written as a cosmic character they could explore the could galaxy together. Or at least I would have liked that now but unfortunately she is plain ole Captain Marvel now.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Love seeing Betts in her 'Outback' outfit. But... BINERY! I actually prefer that version of Carol. Actually, if Jean is going to be written as a cosmic character they could explore the could galaxy together. Or at least I would have liked that now but unfortunately she is plain ole Captain Marvel now.
    Carol seems like damaged goods now unfortunately but I would love to see Jean and Carol team up in space. The two original Marvels.

I'm not sure how true this is, but I've heard rumors that at one point, Marvel wanted to give Jean the Ms. Marvel name so they could keep the rights to it back when Carol was MIA and Sharon wasn't using it.

I was happy with Jean's portrayal in the latest X-Men '97 episode.
    spoilers:
    She has some cool power feats like sensing the final memories of all the mutants who died on Genosha (which is more psychometry) and hurling the top portion of a skyscraper into the ocean. Plus, no fainting or calling out "Scott!"

Also, she and Scott were much more sympathetic towards each other concerning their complicated relationship.

Oh, and Jean finally let her hair down while in uniform (perhaps to honor Maddie, who she now thinks of like a sister?).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 04-24-2024 at 12:44 AM.

I was pleased with Jean in this episode too. Especially after feeling that she's been a bit shortchanged for the last few episodes.
    spoilers:
    She came across as pretty powerful although there's still room for her powers to grow and develop. Loved her moment with Rogue since that's a friendship we don't see very often, proving Jean is always the most empathetic of the entire team.

Was anyone else shocked at the way Cable snapped at her? He said she's "not her." It's such a strange inversion from the comics where he's always loved Jean whereas here, he seemed to be really disgusted by her not being Maddie. Really weird especially because he never acted like this towards Jean in the original series.
    end of spoilers

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I was happy with Jean's portrayal in the latest X-Men '97 episode.
    spoilers:
    She has some cool power feats like sensing the final memories of all the mutants who died on Genosha (which is more psychometry) and hurling the top portion of a skyscraper into the ocean. Plus, no fainting or calling out "Scott!"

Also, she and Scott were much more sympathetic towards each other concerning their complicated relationship.

Oh, and Jean finally let her hair down while in uniform (perhaps to honor Maddie, who she now thinks of like a sister?).
    end of spoilers
    Scott and Jean were definitely closer so that's a relief. That cable scene was atrocious! That means no AoCaP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Scott and Jean were definitely closer so that's a relief. That cable scene was atrocious! That means no AoCaP!!!
    It could still happen down the line and might be used to explain what resentment seems to exist. Honestly, if anyone should feel resentful, it's Rachel fans because I don't think she'll ever get her due.

People are thinking that Apocalypse could come back for S2. It would be interesting if Cyke and Jean get written off the show after this season ends and S2 features them raising Nathan in the future as the show's B-Plot, like how Xavier and Magneto were stuck in the Savage Land for the original show's S2's B-Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I was pleased with Jean in this episode too. Especially after feeling that she's been a bit shortchanged for the last few episodes.
    spoilers:
    She came across as pretty powerful although there's still room for her powers to grow and develop. Loved her moment with Rogue since that's a friendship we don't see very often, proving Jean is always the most empathetic of the entire team.

Was anyone else shocked at the way Cable snapped at her? He said she's "not her." It's such a strange inversion from the comics where he's always loved Jean whereas here, he seemed to be really disgusted by her not being Maddie. Really weird especially because he never acted like this towards Jean in the original series.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In the comics, Jean actually got to be a parent to Nathan as a toddler and then for several years of his childhood/adolescence in the far future. Animated Jean will most likely not have the chance to develop that same connection. Anyway, I guess you could interpret his defensiveness due to being upset over not being able to prevent Maddie's death. He sounded more sad than angry when saying "You're not her."
    end of spoilers

It could still happen down the line and might be used to explain what resentment seems to exist. Honestly, if anyone should feel resentful, it's Rachel fans because I don't think she'll ever get her due.

People are thinking that Apocalypse could come back for S2. It would be interesting if Cyke and Jean get written off the show after this season ends and S2 features them raising Nathan in the future as the show's B-Plot, like how Xavier and Magneto were stuck in the Savage Land for the original show's S2's B-Plot.
    I'm all for it! But does Jean really have maternal feelings for Nathan in the show? In the comics she developed it after absorbing Maddie's memories right? I can't recall what happened exactly

spoilers:
    In the comics, Jean actually got to be a parent to Nathan as a toddler and then for several years of his childhood/adolescence in the far future. Animated Jean will most likely not have the chance to develop that same connection. Anyway, I guess you could interpret his defensiveness due to being upset over not being able to prevent Maddie's death. He sounded more sad than angry when saying "You're not her."
    end of spoilers
    I always loved that comic storyline and I even have a junior novelization of it. I'm thinking they could still adapt it.

I'm all for it! But does Jean really have maternal feelings for Nathan in the show? In the comics she developed it after absorbing Maddie's memories right? I can't recall what happened exactly
    She sorta had those feelings even before the end of Inferno because baby Nathan had formed a psychic link with Jean. She could sense whenever he was crying and in danger. It's one of the reasons Maddie snaps when she realizes her baby is also picking Jean over her like Scott and the rest of the X-Men did.

She sorta had those feelings even before the end of Inferno because baby Nathan had formed a psychic link with Jean. She could sense whenever he was crying and in danger. It's one of the reasons Maddie snaps when she realizes her baby is also picking Jean over her like Scott and the rest of the X-Men did.
    Mama Jean in the second season or we riot!

Justice for jean in X-men 97!

spoilers:

She is no longer weak! She has some great moments. Holding and hurling a building. Most of the Xmen got taken out by the Prime sentinel with one hit but she was able to tussle with him, flying and engaging in aerial battle. Her blue TK psychic form was everything! I rewatched the scene and noticed that she actually helped Scott land. so not only was she simultaneously holding every piece of debris, she was also holding a falling building and securing Scott's fall behind her. Impressive!
    end of spoilers

BTW, I made gifs of those scenes at this link but not posting here as to not spoil it: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6793759

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I didnt like that part considering maddie didnt raise him so he shouldnt have any preferential affection towards her either.
    end of spoilers

She would be she's empathetic. The problem is he has no feelings for her so I wonder if hey will even bother trying to develop a relationship between them
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-24-2024 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Justice for jean in X-men 97!

spoilers:

She is no longer weak! She has some great moments. Holding and hurling a building. Most of the Xmen got taken out by the Prime sentinel with one hit but she was able to tussle with him, flying and engaging in aerial battle. Her blue TK psychic form was everything!
    end of spoilers

BTW, I made gifs of those scenes at this link but not posting here as to not spoil it: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6793759
    Liking the low key energy nimbus effect to show her telekinesis here. Very pink form-esque in some ways, despite being blue most of the time. I have never been a big fan of voluminous amounts of unseen pink cloud energy being used to convey and over matter.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Liking the low key energy nimbus effect to show her telekinesis here. Very pink form-esque in some ways, despite being blue most of the time. I have never been a big fan of voluminous amounts of unseen pink cloud energy being used to convey and over matter.

Meanwhile, back in the gillenverse ... man, I knew she was coming back, but I did not expect that, and somehow it made me appreciate jean and love hope more. Can't wait for next issue.