Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1579

Four pages that took me through every shade of emotion, with these words echoing over a cosmic pulse: “Nowandforever,” “Good luck, Mom,” “Contact,” “Jean’s [fire],” “I don't know what I am now,” “But I AM.”

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Four pages that took me through every shade of emotion, with these words echoing over a cosmic pulse: “Nowandforever,” “Good luck, Mom,” “Contact,” “Jean’s [fire],” “I don't know what I am now,” “But I AM.”

Shouldn't Rachel be able to sense that there's activity going on in Jean's body/mind? How is that that a non-relation like Hope can sense Jean's presence but Rachel can't?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Shouldn't Rachel be able to sense that there's activity going on in Jean's body/mind? How is that that a non-relation like Hope can sense Jean's presence but Rachel can't?
    Hope is still mimicking Jean. She would basically sense Jean with Jean’s own powers.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Hope is still mimicking Jean. She would basically sense Jean with Jean’s own powers.
    That makes sense. Does Jean consider Hope family seeing as she's Nathan's adopted daughter? Or is Hope not considered part of the extended Summers-Grey family?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

"Now and Forever--I AM Phoenix!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

They’re all aware of it. That’s why she says “good luck” and “we’ve got to do this together”.

Jean is just not “alive” in the same sense that they are. She’s in the WHR because that’s where she’s supposed to be. Rachel’s theory is that to kill her there would turn a double negative into a positive, triggering a true rebirth.
    Last edited by SugarMan; 04-26-2024 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

reminds me of when Hope used Jean's power to try and fight her. Now she is using it to try and save her

That makes sense. Does Jean consider Hope family seeing as she's Nathan's adopted daughter? Or is Hope not considered part of the extended Summers-Grey family?
    Hope is definitely her family

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    They’re all aware of it. That’s why she says “good luck” and “we’ve got to do this together”.

Jean is just not “alive” in the same sense that they are. She’s in the WHR because that’s where she’s supposed to be. Rachel’s theory is that to kill her there would turn a double negative into a positive, triggering a true rebirth.
    That explains it. I was wondering why Jean was mumbling to herself and nobody seems to notice because they're so intent on cremating her at her funeral pyre.

Although Rachel's theory seems a little too dangerous and experimental for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope is definitely her family

I've read that issue but wasn't sure if they've had any more contact since then or not. Hope is one of those characters I could never see the appeal of once it was proven that she wasn't Jean reincarnated.

Watching Spider-Man 2 in theaters last night, I'm curious, did Jean and Mary Jane Watson ever have any paneltime together? I can only think of when Red Sonja possessed MJ's body and Wolverine thought she was Jean but Jean wasn't involved there. Can Renew Your Vows be the only time these two have interacted?

I've read that issue but wasn't sure if they've had any more contact since then or not. Hope is one of those characters I could never see the appeal of once it was proven that she wasn't Jean reincarnated.
    Rachel and Hope had a scene in X-Factor that implied that Hope was attending the Summer family dinners at their house on the moon.

Not alot of interaction but they did fight together in an Unlimited comic

Rachel and Hope had a scene in X-Factor that implied that Hope was attending the Summer family dinners at their house on the moon.

Not alot of interaction but they did fight together in an Unlimited comic
    I see. I'm guessing that's more paneltime than Jean and Rachel got together.

I see. I'm guessing that's more paneltime than Jean and Rachel got together.
    No, Jean and Rachel have definitely had more panel time this era than Hope. We saw them together in a couple of issues in Hickman's run, Cable, Trial of Magneto and now Rise of X/X-men Forever

No, Jean and Rachel have definitely had more panel time this era than Hope. We saw them together in a couple of issues in Hickman's run, Cable, Trial of Magneto and now Rise of X/X-men Forever
    Okay good, I thought she was only getting time with Betsy now based on the complaints I was hearing.

Now that Jean is finally allowed to go cosmic, something denied to her in the 70s due to good old-fashioned misogyny, I'd like to see something like this AU referenced or homaged.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Watching Spider-Man 2 in theaters last night, I'm curious, did Jean and Mary Jane Watson ever have any paneltime together? I can only think of when Red Sonja possessed MJ's body and Wolverine thought she was Jean but Jean wasn't involved there. Can Renew Your Vows be the only time these two have interacted?
    Unless you count the classic Marvel Girl robot created by Mysterio from the Amazing Mary Jane series, then, yeah. Renew Your Vows is the only time they have ever interacted in any universe.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker