Page 97 of 110 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1640

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Unless you count the classic Marvel Girl robot created by Mysterio from the Amazing Mary Jane series, then, yeah. Renew Your Vows is the only time they have ever interacted in any universe.
    It's funny how Marvel's two most iconic redheads, both linked to Marvel's two most popular characters, have never met in-universe. Even though their fandoms have quite a bit of overlap (re-reading Renew Your Vows and the letter pages has a fan say that Jean and MJ are his two favs). Had Jean been included in New Avengers like Bendis wanted, then we could probably have seen some moments between the two.

Throwback to when Jean and MJ were both on the best dressed list.

And speaking of best dressed, both Jean and MJ both got designer-made wedding gowns. Jean's was designed by Nicole Miller and MJ's was designed by Willi Smith.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    And speaking of best dressed, both Jean and MJ both got designer-made wedding gowns. Jean's was designed by Nicole Miller and MJ's was designed by Willi Smith.
    Marvel's best couples, before the dark times, before Joe Quesada

This page...the dialogue. :chef's kiss:

"But I AM."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

has the Phoenix become the Hulk of Jean Grey?

has she mastered the power once and for all, come to terms with it, or not?

I'm weary of yet another "maybe dark(er) Phoenix is in the future/galaxy destroyer" extended storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This page...the dialogue. :chef's kiss:

"But I AM."

There's some slight Biblical vibes going on here.

God reveals his name to Moses as "I AM" as a burning bush before promising to deliver the Israelites from Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by brightnessatmidnight View Post

God reveals his name to Moses as "I AM" as a burning bush before promising to deliver the Israelites from Egypt.
    It's also a tip of the hat to Jean saying to Ororo twice, "[I am] the only me that ever was." Connor Goldsmith of Cerebrocast articulates it perfectly:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean is supposed to be the Crown in the Kabbalah. And Colossus was the base. Does anyone know each of the chakras and which character represents what?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Unless you count the classic Marvel Girl robot created by Mysterio from the Amazing Mary Jane series, then, yeah. Renew Your Vows is the only time they have ever interacted in any universe.
    Actually, there is a comic where Jean and Spidey go on a wild goose chase of the Hulk. Nothing spectacular feat-wise, but it was a rare moment where Jean and Spidey actually hung out as friends. There is also Infinity Crusade where the Goddess recruits Jean and Spidey for her cause. Needless to say, this interaction wasn’t friendly due to Goddess’s manipulating the superheroes to act out of character, Jean included.

Needless to say, the first interaction will always be that kiss Spidey ambushed Jean with. Let’s just thank our lucky stars that Jean didn’t mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has the Phoenix become the Hulk of Jean Grey?

has she mastered the power once and for all, come to terms with it, or not?

I'm weary of yet another "maybe dark(er) Phoenix is in the future/galaxy destroyer" extended storyline.
    It’s writer dependent. More often than not, Jean actually has pretty okay control of the Phoenix in terms of actually keeping it in line. As far as fighting with the Phoenix, her control is above any host, despite her being its favorite.

If you’re talking about her no longer going Dark Phoenix, you’re probably gonna be out of luck, since the Dark Phoenix is both Jean’s and Phoenix’s darker tendencies created out of unfortunate circumstance (to put it short and light without going into the entire mental discord of the DPS).

But if you’re wondering if Jean has better control, I would say she has had that control since X-Factor when she expunged the Phoenix fragment out of her body while in a coma. From then onwards, she basically has always wrestled the Phoenix like a bull, even back in Endsong. But flat out, Jean will only have full control when the Phoenix actually cooperates with her, which does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    It’s writer dependent. More often than not, Jean actually has pretty okay control of the Phoenix in terms of actually keeping it in line. As far as fighting with the Phoenix, her control is above any host, despite her being its favorite.

If you’re talking about her no longer going Dark Phoenix, you’re probably gonna be out of luck, since the Dark Phoenix is both Jean’s and Phoenix’s darker tendencies created out of unfortunate circumstance (to put it short and light without going into the entire mental discord of the DPS).

But if you’re wondering if Jean has better control, I would say she has had that control since X-Factor when she expunged the Phoenix fragment out of her body while in a coma. From then onwards, she basically has always wrestled the Phoenix like a bull, even back in Endsong. But flat out, Jean will only have full control when the Phoenix actually cooperates with her, which does happen.
    Even when her higher self—i.e., Phoenix—doesn't cooperate, Jean is able to gain control unlike any other imbued with her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Actually, there is a comic where Jean and Spidey go on a wild goose chase of the Hulk. Nothing spectacular feat-wise, but it was a rare moment where Jean and Spidey actually hung out as friends. There is also Infinity Crusade where the Goddess recruits Jean and Spidey for her cause. Needless to say, this interaction wasn’t friendly due to Goddess’s manipulating the superheroes to act out of character, Jean included.

Needless to say, the first interaction will always be that kiss Spidey ambushed Jean with. Let’s just thank our lucky stars that Jean didn’t mind.
    Jean's interacted with Spidey several times, yes, but MJ is the one she's never met in the 616 universe. That's what my original question was if Jean and MJ had ever interacted outside of Renew Your Vows.

Jean is supposed to be the Crown in the Kabbalah. And Colossus was the base. Does anyone know each of the chakras and which character represents what?
    Actually, Xavier was supposed to be the Crown... Colossus was the base... and Jean was the core, Tipherath (alternatively Tiferet, Tifaret, Tiphareth, Tifereth or Tiphereth).

Claremont said that in an interview in X-Men Companion II, and that he had them all worked out but I don't know that he ever shared the alignment of all the eight X-Men at that time.
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Quote Originally Posted by brightnessatmidnight View Post

Yes indeed! I love the reference.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I vaguely remember Jean and MJ meeting during their modeling days in the 60's. But I don't remember where I saw it. Jean was a model briefly right?