Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Honestly, his design from All New X-men v1 was one of his best. I wish an artist would design him a new suit that incorporated elements of this look, much like Jean's current costume takes inspiration from her Teen costume
    I love this one as well.
    I'll say it again: I think Warren has been quite lucky on the costume departments. If we ignore the costume designed by Jean in late Silver Age and the Champions, which were... colourful, to say the least, all the rest was quite fine. AUs included (look at Mutant X's The Fallen, for example). Even in videogames where he gets his costume redesigned/modified, he looks fine (will share pics if you want).

Anyway.
    I'm not know this was a coloring/drawing error (I'm looking at Extermination and it was different) but this version seen in Jean Grey #1 last year:

Edit.
    I don't dislike the memoryless!Warren costume either, but I agree that something is off with it. Might be the metal wings, or the long hair.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-11-2024 at 02:19 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I love this one as well.
    I'll say it again: I think Warren has been quite lucky on the costume departments. If we ignore the costume designed by Jean in late Silver Age and the Champions, which were... colourful, to say the least, all the rest was quite fine. AUs included (look at Mutant X's The Fallen, for example). Even in videogames where he gets his costume redesigned/modified, he looks fine (will share pics if you want).

Anyway.
    I'm not know this was a coloring/drawing error (I'm looking at Extermination and it was different) but this version seen in Jean Grey #1 last year:

Edit.
    I don't dislike the memoryless!Warren costume either, but I agree that something is off with it. Might be the metal wings, or the long hair.
    thats not an error. Thats the X-men Blue suit which was also good. I love how it had elements of his Archangel look

I love this one as well.
    I'll say it again: I think Warren has been quite lucky on the costume departments. If we ignore the costume designed by Jean in late Silver Age and the Champions, which were... colourful, to say the least...
    IGNORE CHAMPIONS? An outfit befitting an oversexed California Playboy! (on his way to a aerobics class with Olivia Newton John!)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-11-2024 at 05:35 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    IGNORE CHAMPIONS? An outfit befitting an oversexed California Playboy! (on his way to a aerobics class with Olivia Newton John!)
    To be fair, drawn by John Tyler Christopher it looks quite awesome. Warren here (both the "art" and the "figure") does have a "I'm going to get some dirty sex tonight" vibe. Digging it.
    I think my issue with this costume is that it didn't work with the "old school" drawings/art.
    Also, very 80s, so it suffers the passing of time.

So... we're left with this:

in all conscience I can't save it. Perhaps if we removed the suspenders?
    Still, we have to give it to who designed it: Jean's and Warren's had a "team" feeling, you can see they came out from the same "designer".
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-11-2024 at 07:50 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

To be fair, drawn by John Tyler Christopher it looks quite awesome. Warren here (both the "art" and the "figure") does have a "I'm going to get some dirty sex tonight" vibe. Digging it.
    I think my issue with this costume is that it didn't work with the "old school" drawings/art.
    Also, very 80s, so it suffers the passing of time.

So... we're left with this:

in all conscience I can't save it. Perhaps if we removed the suspenders?
    Still, we have to give it to who designed it: Jean's and Warren's had a "team" feeling, you can see they came out from the same "designer".
    Designed by JEAN "Marvel Girl" GREY herself!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

This honestly is the only artist who's take on this costume I liked. It's by Salvador Larroca, if I am correct. Even if it didn't look out of place for the era that it was in it wasn't a great design. The tunic/loin cloth thing was really bad.

I actually thought Husk's outfit was a good one, though I think that I may be in the minority on that one.

Honestly, his design from All New X-men v1 was one of his best. I wish an artist would design him a new suit that incorporated elements of this look, much like Jean's current costume takes inspiration from her Teen costume
    Yeah, I agree about this costume. It's one of his best, after the Horseman outfit. I'd prefer to see him wear a costume based on this one when he is regular feather winged Angel as an adult. You could modify it a little to incorporate his halo logo also. That would be a nice update to the Halo outfit.

thats not an error. Thats the X-men Blue suit which was also good. I love how it had elements of his Archangel look

The X-Men Blue costume wasn't a bad design, but I thought that incorporating some of the Archangel design was a bad idea for where the character was at the time. Teen Angel! wasn't happy about how his future as a Horseman went, and he wanted to avoid or change it. I don't think that the character would want to wear something inspired by his Horseman costume. Still, it really was a good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    This honestly is the only artist who's take on this costume I liked. It's by Salvador Larroca, if I am correct. Even if it didn't look out of place for the era that it was in it wasn't a great design. The tunic/loin cloth thing was really bad.

I actually thought Husk's outfit was a good one, though I think that I may be in the minority on that one.
    Larroca's art style makes piping and seams look COOL!

That costume is the worst thing Jean has ever done, including killing the broccoli aliens.

When I first read Jean Grey I was confused about the costume and I recall getting back to check the latest appearance of displaced!Angel. I think artists didn't always stick to the original (the design you shared), at times they forgot the "Archangel" white marks on the side, at times they inverted colours or there was more red than what the design did. That's why I felt it was an error.
    I stand corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    The X-Men Blue costume wasn't a bad design, but I thought that incorporating some of the Archangel design was a bad idea for where the character was at the time. Teen Angel! wasn't happy about how his future as a Horseman went, and he wanted to avoid or change it. I don't think that the character would want to wear something inspired by his Horseman costume. Still, it really was a good design.
    You know what? It would be perfect for today's Warren. Both Angel and Archangel in the same costume. Hm.
    Also, the white part on the chest goes well with the feathers wings - the wings look almost an extension of the white part of the costume on chest and shoulders

The more I like the design the more I love it. I forgot how much I loved this costume when I discovered the teen!O5 stories.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-12-2024 at 02:48 PM.

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this one earlier.

I think that it's pretty funny that Angel makes the insincere comment about finally looking like a real Angel. Even the character admits on panel that the costume isn't very good. You would think that would be a clue that another new costume would be needed if even the writer doesn't like it.

When I first read Jean Grey I was confused about the costume and I recall getting back to check the latest appearance of displaced!Angel. I think artists didn't always stick to the original (the design you shared), at times they forgot the "Archangel" white marks on the side, at times they inverted colours or there was more red than what the design did. That's why I felt it was an error.
    I stand corrected!

You know what? It would be perfect for today's Warren. Both Angel and Archangel in the same costume. Hm.
    Also, the white part on the chest goes well with the feathers wings - the wings look almost an extension of the white part of the costume on chest and shoulders

The more I like the design the more I love it. I forgot how much I loved this costume when I discovered the teen!O5 stories.
    I don't like Angel costumes that have a bunch of white in them. All the white from the costume and the white from the feathered wings is just to much white for me. The X-Men Blue design looked good because he had the fire wings, and not the white feathered wings.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Unless I missed something, there's currently no sign of our boy in the new era. I think his best chances now are being in either X-Factor or X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Unless I missed something, there's currently no sign of our boy in the new era. I think his best chances now are being in either X-Factor or X-Force.
    I miss him being an actual X-man

We get Giant-Size. According to Marvel, we should be happy enough and be ready to not get any Warren at all for the rest of the year.
    *pessimistic Hakka is pessimistic*

Still, as more than one pointed out, there are a lot of A-list characters not included in the news. We have 2 O5 (Warren, Bobby), Betsy (and Rachel), Alex (and Maddie), Polaris... Just the "editorial-older" characters that come to my mind. So we can still hope?
    *Hakka raises Hope Status from 0% to 5%*

I miss him being an actual X-man
    I honestly can't remember the last time he was part of the main X-Men roster. I guess technically Bunn's Uncanny, but I don't really count that.

We get Giant-Size. According to Marvel, we should be happy enough and be ready to not get any Warren at all for the rest of the year.
    *pessimistic Hakka is pessimistic*

Still, as more than one pointed out, there are a lot of A-list characters not included in the news. We have 2 O5 (Warren, Bobby), Betsy (and Rachel), Alex (and Maddie), Polaris... Just the "editorial-older" characters that come to my mind. So we can still hope?
    *Hakka raises Hope Status from 0% to 5%*
    I'm still hopeful, especially with X-Force. There's admittedly a ton up in the air though: Will he be resurrected in Giant Size, or does it take place before his death? Is he actually in Heir of Apocalypse, or is that just a cover that doesn't reflect the story at all (which unfortunately happens a lot nowadays)?