Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder if we'll even see him at all this year. I hope the reset brings about his resurrection
    I've kind of given up. The character just doesn't appear to be valued by Marvel at all. He barely even got used as a background character over the last several years.

Angel's probably the character who stays dead.

What I am going to do is just wait and see what happens. If Angel comes back in a way that I like I will keep reading.

If the character isn't resurrected, or comes back and is used in a way in a way that I don't like, or comes back as a punching bag then I think that I am just going to stop reading comics.
    I don't see the point in hate reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I have to admit, now that we're in the full swing of things with FotHoX and RotPoX, it's really bugging me that Angel is missing out. As all the separated X-Men come together again, and I see all their various fans getting excited, it sucks that Warren isn't part of it.
    Yep. Right now I think that I would have been happy just to see Angel as a background character, due to how little the character has appeared over the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Well, at least he's resting and getting some peace, while the others are facing another genocide and fighting a war and killing goons here and there. At this point I'm starting to consider this a win-win.
    *bitter Hakka is bitter*

Not saying I wouldn't want Warren in the titles, it actually hurts to know that even the future timeline doesn't hint at him, which means he stays dead-dead, but... meh.
    What makes me fully bitter is that he isn't even worthy a spot in some variant cover. That says it all about what we shall have to expect for Warren, IMHO.
    Unlike Gambit's fans, we don't even have X-Men '97 to look forward for some hope.
    Well, in this case the future timeline can't really hint that Archangel comes back to life. It would undercut the idea that the X-Men really are at the end of the line, and just make the story feel a little less urgent.

But, yeah, it does kind of suck that of all the characters that died in this event so far Angel seems like the only one who is truly dead. Even the characters that died at the Gala got the Dead X-Men comic.
    Even Quire and Daken feel as if they have a better chance of coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Even Quire and Daken feel as if they have a better chance of coming back.
    I've seen just yesterday Quire's and Daken's death, and got a my hope a little back - it's unlikely that Daken will stay dead, so there's the chance that, whichever method they will use eto bring Daken back, Warren might return as well.
    But yeah, at this point is very hard to keep up even a 1% of hope.
    To quote you
    I've kind of given up.
    This might be why I'm coping well in this Warren's dark times. Because I already resigned to not see Warren again for quite a long time.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I've seen just yesterday Quire's and Daken's death, and got a my hope a little back - it's unlikely that Daken will stay dead, so there's the chance that, whichever method they will use eto bring Daken back, Warren might return as well.
    But yeah, at this point is very hard to keep up even a 1% of hope.
    To quote you

This might be why I'm coping well in this Warren's dark times. Because I already resigned to not see Warren again for quite a long time.
    Lol! Quire is already back! Quire outranks Archangel right now!

I'm more worried about Archangel's chances now.

I'm not entirely sure that Daken is an automatic resurrection. He feels like the kind of character that could be left on the shelf for a while to make a big return later on, either as one of the good guys, or maybe he comes back as a villain for Wolverine again. I never really bought into the guy being a hero.

First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

OMG, we have Kurt Busiek lurking around, and it never come to my mind to thank him for how brilliant and with respect he wrote Warren in his Thunderbolts run? Seriously?
    If you're reading this, Mr. Busiek. Thank you so, so much, for one of the best feather-wings Warren ever published by Marvel.

If you're reading this, Mr. Busiek. Thank you so, so much, for one of the best feather-wings Warren ever published by Marvel.
    You're more than welcome, Hakka. Glad you enjoyed it.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Heh, I just noticed that Mr. Busiek posted in the only Angel Appreciation thread that doesn't actually have pictures from the Thunderbolts issue that had Angel in it. Usually an Angel Appreciation thread has pictures of the fight that Warren has with the T-Bolts from that comic. It's a very popular story among Angel fans.

Heh, I just noticed that Mr. Busiek posted in the only Angel Appreciation thread that doesn't actually have pictures from the Thunderbolts issue that had Angel in it. Usually an Angel Appreciation thread has pictures of the fight that Warren has with the T-Bolts from that comic. It's a very popular story among Angel fans.
    Righfully so, I'd say. XD We still have time to return to that topic until the end of the year. Especially if we don't get new material to comment on.

I'm more worried about Archangel's chances now.

I'm not entirely sure that Daken is an automatic resurrection. He feels like the kind of character that could be left on the shelf for a while to make a big return later on, either as one of the good guys, or maybe he comes back as a villain for Wolverine again. I never really bought into the guy being a hero.
    I'm slightly less worried after seeing this variant cover.

I'm pretty sure those are Warren's wings in the back, and since that group has never been a team... I mean, it could be just Garbett's favourite characters, but it could also be in reference to a story that isn't out yet.

Edit: Or it could be Mr. Sinister.
    Last edited by Arachne; 02-18-2024 at 04:37 PM. Reason: New Information.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

I'm pretty sure those are Warren's wings in the back, and since that group has never been a team... I mean, it could be just Garbett's favourite characters, but it could also be in reference to a story that isn't out yet.
    I was wondering about that wip art too.
    It would be an interesting X-Force-type team, if you ask me. (if only they tackled the Laura's and Warren's shared past, both on X-Force and with the time-displaced, I would die. I want them to regain a relationship as people who shared something unique and somehow cringe-y, and Warren being protective of Laura in a more big brother than he did when he was the time-displaced, but still same protective)
    It would also make Thievery happy to see Warren and Dani together on a team. And all the people who want Bishop and Nathan to work together on an X-Force team.

I don't know. I will still keep my hopes to 0% levels, so I won't be disappointed should this variant be just that, a variant. Still, it's a curious mesh of characters to put together for a cover, especially if it is a "Marvel official" cover, and not a store exclusive (Store exclusive covers can have the tendency to put unrelated characters together just for the sake of it, the "official" variants, such as incentive and similar, usually don't).

I used to keep a running list of all the times Warren and Dani were in the same comic (sometimes even in the same panel) without acknowledging each other. They have, as far as I know, never said a word to each other. It got pretty funny after awhile, but it might be nice to see that change. Also, Dani and Emma have had a contentious relationship -- sometimes friendly, usually not -- so that could be interesting, too.

Yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up to high, either. Will be nice to see the finished cover, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Edit: Or it could be Mr. Sinister.
    Never forget to give up lol.

The first thing that I thought was that it was Mr. Sinister's cape. Then I read further in the thread and it was confirmed.

I really think that we aren't going to find out one way or the other until after Krakoa wraps up. I'm still guessing dead.

I was wondering about that wip art too.
    It would be an interesting X-Force-type team, if you ask me. (if only they tackled the Laura's and Warren's shared past, both on X-Force and with the time-displaced, I would die. I want them to regain a relationship as people who shared something unique and somehow cringe-y, and Warren being protective of Laura in a more big brother than he did when he was the time-displaced, but still same protective)
    It would also make Thievery happy to see Warren and Dani together on a team. And all the people who want Bishop and Nathan to work together on an X-Force team.

I don't know. I will still keep my hopes to 0% levels, so I won't be disappointed should this variant be just that, a variant. Still, it's a curious mesh of characters to put together for a cover, especially if it is a "Marvel official" cover, and not a store exclusive (Store exclusive covers can have the tendency to put unrelated characters together just for the sake of it, the "official" variants, such as incentive and similar, usually don't).
    I think that it is an official variant. There has been nothing to say retailer exclusive that I can find.

As for Warren and Dani being on the same team,I haven't forgotten to give up on that. Just isn't going to happen. So best not to even think about it any more.

I've noticed in the past that you seemed to like Teen! Angel/ Laura. Can I ask why? There's nothing wrong if you like it, I'm just curious.

One thing that I always wished that had happened was that we had more pro Warren/Laura fans post here. I didn't care for it, but it would be nice to hear from people who did. I might come to understand it better than I did.

I've mentioned in the past that in my little area that the pairing was more popular among woman, especially teen agers and younger woman, than it was amongst male readers that I talked with about it.
    So I could just be the wrong audience for it. It would be nice to hear from more females on this sit what they thought of it.
    Once again, former member Izanami was great at explaining some of this.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Until I checked the link, I was assuming it was a variant. Pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    WAIT WHAT *incoherent noises*

(I don't recognize two costumes. The one on the upper left, and the red/white - could it be a variant of the teen/time displaced?)