Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

I really don't like the way that Candy is dressed to look like Jean. She really looks like nothing but a rebound character there. I know that the idea that Warren would pick Jean over Candy has been suggested a lot in the comics. Just from reading the old X-Factor comic you could say that's likely true. But, damn, couldn't Warren finally just move on from Jean. Just because he was interested in her in the O5 days doesn't mean that he has to be in love with the woman forever. Hopefully the dialogue in this comic won't suggest that Warren would be lying to himself if he tries to say that he loved Candy.
    Candy is dressed like Jean as a clear reference to her role in John Byrne’s X-Men: the Hidden Years, where she donned Jean’s Marvel Girl outfit for an arc.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Candy is dressed like Jean as a clear reference to her role in John Byrne’s X-Men: the Hidden Years, where she donned Jean’s Marvel Girl outfit for an arc.
    Indeed. Here's proof...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Very... conflicted about the interview. I shall have to ponder about it to understand how I feel.
    (again, I will take anything with Warren at this point, and it sucks we have to settle for anything because our boy is neglected this much)

Off all the good and bad takes I read in this interview, I think her vision of how Warren feels in the X-Team might be right, especially in the last years. He's been used as a commodity, IMHO, that one guy you know it's there but at the same time you don't bother about.
    (watch me, in the year 2024, still be bitter about the treatment he got when he was memoryless)
    I know, it's not the fault of any of the X-Men, the blame is on the authors (and they're hatred or not-care for Warren), but whenever Warren was severely injured or traumatized, nobody of his "friends" gave a damn about it. From post DAS to Dark X-Men (passing through the time-displaced). Literally, any f*. time.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    The way I look at it is that he hasn't been on the main X-Men team since Utopia, and even then that was when "everyone" was on the main team, and Cyclops would just use whoever was needed for any given situation. You'd have to go back even further to find when he was on it as a fixed roster. So even though he's been on side teams and other things like X-Corp, it's not like with the other O5 who find themselves at the center of the action far more frequently. Not to mention characters like Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Shadowcat, etc. Him thinking that he's not one of the main players anymore makes sense to me.
    I agree.
    Might be me being particularly negative today, but if I were Warren I would feel that the X-Men keep me around for my money, they don't care about me at all. Hell, money and Archangel when they need him.

I think this is a symptom of modern day political leanings. As far as I remember, Warren has never been portrayed that way historically. But in Legion of X, Spurrier did write the new Black Knight as having a similar view of Warren. If I remember the couple panels where Warren had dialogue correctly, he seemed more concerned with using Black Knight for monetary purposes. So maybe that's how writers are going to characterize him now? Nocenti seemed to think that being a billionaire is Warren's most defining character trait.
    Recently re-read this.
    According to Marvel Fanbase, Black Knight wasn't raised by her rich father (the original Black Knight). In Legion of X she isn't shy in showing us that she doesn't have a good opinion of rich people (she uses the "you might've killed/felled a 1 percenters white rich boy but I'm different" when she's faced with demon!Warren, and that's clearly meant as an insult). Because that's how young people think (yeah, political leanings). She does mention the "dollar sign in eyes", but... wait, it's easier to post the pic.

IMHO, what she thinks about Warren could be though in character for her and not offend Warren - it's her opinion of Warren, she doesn't know him and she's entitled to a wrong opinion.
    It's worrisome when this opinion comes from an author. Especially the comparison with Tony. I don't remember one instance - one - in which Warren is a self-entitled billionaire. I'm trying, but I come out empty. Perhaps in First Class, but in there he was more a rich teenager than a billionaire in itself - and even in First Class, he was mostly that guy who don't know the true worth of money because he grew up in a rich family so he does''t pay attention to tag prices. Which might come off arse-holish (compared to poor Wanda who couldn't believe the price of the coat, coming from a poor family), but not out of malice. And never in an arrogant way, like Tony did at times.

The "Chauvinist" topic.
    Well. He did was. In the 80s. He stopped after X-Factor - IMHO, even before, around Defenders at least (but we have that awful scene in which Candy accused him of philandering in X-Factor). But definitely after X-Factor. After all, after Archangel, he spent most of his time in long relationships with no love-time explored or even mentioned between one long-romance and the next.
    So yeah, I think if you base your Warren on the 60s, First Class and Dazzler's solo I can agree. But just on those.

Yes. But Nocenti's words open up the (horrible) possibility that Candy has been put in that specific costume because of Jean.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-15-2024 at 06:08 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    The "Chauvinist" topic.
    Well. He did was. In the 80s. He stopped after X-Factor - IMHO, even before, around Defenders at least (but we have that awful scene in which Candy accused him of philandering in X-Factor). But definitely after X-Factor. After all, after Archangel, he spent most of his time in long relationships with no love-time explored or even mentioned between one long-romance and the next.
    So yeah, I think if you base your Warren on the 60s, First Class and Dazzler's solo I can agree. But just on those.
    I didn't realize that. I've only read bits and pieces of 80's X-Men, and none of it was from X-Factor. The vast majority of my experience reading Warren is from the 90's onward, and also the super early issues by Lee and Kirby. It makes sense that Nocenti would have that view since she worked on the X-books during the 80's.

I didn't realize that. I've only read bits and pieces of 80's X-Men, and none of it was from X-Factor. The vast majority of my experience reading Warren is from the 90's onward, and also the super early issues by Lee and Kirby. It makes sense that Nocenti would have that view since she worked on the X-books during the 80's.
    During the Champions his love-life status wasn't touched in the least, as far as I remember.
    During New Defenders and related time (cameos in Uncanny included) he was very taken by Candy as far as I recall. The whole drooling on
    spoilers:

Moondragon was later shown to be Moondragon influencing all the males on the team so it doesn't count
    end of spoilers

And even in the Dazzler solo, which is IMHO one of the worst portrayal of his - like, ever (only Krakoa-X-Force cameo probably is worse in my Worst Warren Potrayal Ever list) - he's not that much chauvinist. He actually does respect Dazzler very much, after the initial annoying insistence. So, out of that specific X-Factor scene, I can't even understand where this whole chauvinist thing came out.
    I know most of this happens off-panel, but Warren has been portrayed in friendly-terms with all his exes (Betsy not included, but they didn't even interact so far so who knows). After the first time in the 90s (I seem to recall Charlotte visibly pissed with him for vanishing on her), Warren met on panel Charlotte twice (once I'm sure, when there was the Lobo story but I seem to recall another time before that) and twice Charlotte was friendly. Husk is worried about him in Legion of X (means she's still affectionate/fond, so no bad breakup). Betsy, again, we don't know, but she didn't seem angry at him in Excalibur when she was in Queen Elizabeth's body. When Candy returned(?) in the 90s she was still in love with him and forgave him everything and even herself sacrificed for him. And with Laura the thing crashed because of secrets and authors not committing to the pair, but not because he treated her bad.
    And even with canon-dubious titles, unless we're talking about strict AUs, he's usually a gentleman. He was objectively an arse with Amanda (and he had his reasons to threat her that way) in Revelations but they they made up and she was loyal to him. With Wanda in First Class he was respectful. Let's not talk about Avia (who clearly had a crush on him) in Hidden Years.
    What comes closer to chauvinism, IMHO, is that line he says around Draco, where he says that he usually leaves his women before they can do it. But he was also in pain and finally facing Betsy's death, so I'm not sure that 100% counts. Meh.

Does Warren's treatment of Charlotte in their breaking up count as chauvinism?
    (Oh, since someone mentioned her recently, he was perhaps chauvinist with the journalist from Generation-M? He did admit on panel that he hadn't been nice with her)

Curiously, Warren's return to his feeling for Jean (feelings he had overcome in the original X-Men run) happen in X-Factor as well. So Nocenti drew heavily from X-Factor, it seems.

I'd also add that Claremont didn't hide his hatred/not interest for Warren. And 80s are Claremont.
    Not sure if he ever admitted it, but in every title penned by Claremont, Warren is usually either absent/small cameo (X-Men: Forever), his relationship with Betsy broken up/ignored/forgotten (X-Men: The End, X-Treme), or... not written/threated well (House of M)

Sorry, long ramble is long.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-15-2024 at 09:02 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

The way I look at it is that he hasn't been on the main X-Men team since Utopia, and even then that was when "everyone" was on the main team, and Cyclops would just use whoever was needed for any given situation. You'd have to go back even further to find when he was on it as a fixed roster. So even though he's been on side teams and other things like X-Corp, it's not like with the other O5 who find themselves at the center of the action far more frequently. Not to mention characters like Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Shadowcat, etc. Him thinking that he's not one of the main players anymore makes sense to me.

Neither have I. I was actually shocked when I read that part of the interview.

I think this is a symptom of modern day political leanings. As far as I remember, Warren has never been portrayed that way historically. But in Legion of X, Spurrier did write the new Black Knight as having a similar view of Warren. If I remember the couple panels where Warren had dialogue correctly, he seemed more concerned with using Black Knight for monetary purposes. So maybe that's how writers are going to characterize him now? Nocenti seemed to think that being a billionaire is Warren's most defining character trait.
    I guess that I just view Angel's time on the X-Men since Utopia differently, then. Archangel was a member of Magneto's Uncanny X-Men. That comic was way better than the other X-Men comic being published at the time, that one that had the X-Men operating out of Limbo. After that he was a member of Soul's Astonishing X-Men comic, which was a pretty heavily promoted comic book and pretty well regarded by the fanbase.

As for the clueless, greedy billionaire characterization, I might have bought into it before the X-Corp comic. It might have led to some interesting stories where Angel is led to confront a failing of his. I think that it's neat to see a character's flaws highlighted in stories. But after X-Corp that flaw kind of goes away.
    Actually it had started to go away as far back as Casey's run on Uncanny X-Men. Angel was using his company in sort of the same way. And he had put his time as a playboy type behind him, he wasn't really proud of that time in his life.

As for the Black Knight appearance in Legion of X, I read that as Angel wanting to use Black Knight as propaganda against Orchis, not use the Knight for her money.

One part of the preview for Giant Size that I really don't like is the way that Angel doesn't give any money to the homeless girl. I hope that their is an explanation for that in the comic, because that's one thing that Angel wouldn't do.

Yeah, I've read the comic. I didn't like it when I first read the story either. I thought right away that it brought about comparisons between Candy and Jean. And that it was a way to show that Candy was only there because Warren couldn't have Jean as his girlfriend.

It's most likely true that Angel doesn't care about Candy as much , though. In the first issue of X-Factor, Warren considers what telling Scott that Jean is alive could do to Scott's marriage. I don't think that Angel even stops to think about what would happen to Candy if he tells Jean the truth and then tries to get together with Jean.
    Last edited by Thievery; 04-16-2024 at 12:13 AM.

Very... conflicted about the interview. I shall have to ponder about it to understand how I feel.
    (again, I will take anything with Warren at this point, and it sucks we have to settle for anything because our boy is neglected this much)

Off all the good and bad takes I read in this interview, I think her vision of how Warren feels in the X-Team might be right, especially in the last years. He's been used as a commodity, IMHO, that one guy you know it's there but at the same time you don't bother about.
    (watch me, in the year 2024, still be bitter about the treatment he got when he was memoryless)
    I know, it's not the fault of any of the X-Men, the blame is on the authors (and they're hatred or not-care for Warren), but whenever Warren was severely injured or traumatized, nobody of his "friends" gave a damn about it. From post DAS to Dark X-Men (passing through the time-displaced). Literally, any f*. time.

I agree.
    Might be me being particularly negative today, but if I were Warren I would feel that the X-Men keep me around for my money, they don't care about me at all. Hell, money and Archangel when they need him.

Recently re-read this.
    According to Marvel Fanbase, Black Knight wasn't raised by her rich father (the original Black Knight). In Legion of X she isn't shy in showing us that she doesn't have a good opinion of rich people (she uses the "you might've killed/felled a 1 percenters white rich boy but I'm different" when she's faced with demon!Warren, and that's clearly meant as an insult). Because that's how young people think (yeah, political leanings). She does mention the "dollar sign in eyes", but... wait, it's easier to post the pic.

IMHO, what she thinks about Warren could be though in character for her and not offend Warren - it's her opinion of Warren, she doesn't know him and she's entitled to a wrong opinion.
    It's worrisome when this opinion comes from an author. Especially the comparison with Tony. I don't remember one instance - one - in which Warren is a self-entitled billionaire. I'm trying, but I come out empty. Perhaps in First Class, but in there he was more a rich teenager than a billionaire in itself - and even in First Class, he was mostly that guy who don't know the true worth of money because he grew up in a rich family so he does''t pay attention to tag prices. Which might come off arse-holish (compared to poor Wanda who couldn't believe the price of the coat, coming from a poor family), but not out of malice. And never in an arrogant way, like Tony did at times.

The "Chauvinist" topic.
    Hello, Hakka84. How do you feel about the Chiaroscuro story now? It's been a while since I've read the story, and I could be miss remembering things, but I don't remember it being some kind of negative commentary about Angel.

I get the take that Angel might view the X-Men using as using him for a commodity. We know that Xavier only recruited Angel to the team for his money to begin with.
    But, I do think that his friends have been concerned for the guy after both DAS and Dark X-Men. Iceman and Beast were concerned about Angel after DAS. Maggot was concerned about Archangel in Dark X-Men. Gambit was concerned about Archangel in Dark X-Men, he was just pragmatic enough not to let it bother him during the story.

That panel of Angel with Blac Knight is what I was referring to in my previous post. It looks to me as though Angel wants to use Black Knight as propaganda.

Angel came across as an arrogant billionaire pretty often in the early issues of the 1960's X-Men.

I don't think that I have seen a single story that suggests that Angel thinks that men are better than woman. I don't know where that comes from. Even the idea that Angel might be cheating on Candy doesn't make him a chauvinist. It makes him a cheater.

During the Champions his love-life status wasn't touched in the least, as far as I remember.
    During New Defenders and related time (cameos in Uncanny included) he was very taken by Candy as far as I recall. The whole drooling on
    spoilers:

Moondragon was later shown to be Moondragon influencing all the males on the team so it doesn't count
    end of spoilers

And even in the Dazzler solo, which is IMHO one of the worst portrayal of his - like, ever (only Krakoa-X-Force cameo probably is worse in my Worst Warren Potrayal Ever list) - he's not that much chauvinist. He actually does respect Dazzler very much, after the initial annoying insistence. So, out of that specific X-Factor scene, I can't even understand where this whole chauvinist thing came out.
    I know most of this happens off-panel, but Warren has been portrayed in friendly-terms with all his exes (Betsy not included, but they didn't even interact so far so who knows). After the first time in the 90s (I seem to recall Charlotte visibly pissed with him for vanishing on her), Warren met on panel Charlotte twice (once I'm sure, when there was the Lobo story but I seem to recall another time before that) and twice Charlotte was friendly. Husk is worried about him in Legion of X (means she's still affectionate/fond, so no bad breakup). Betsy, again, we don't know, but she didn't seem angry at him in Excalibur when she was in Queen Elizabeth's body. When Candy returned(?) in the 90s she was still in love with him and forgave him everything and even herself sacrificed for him. And with Laura the thing crashed because of secrets and authors not committing to the pair, but not because he treated her bad.
    And even with canon-dubious titles, unless we're talking about strict AUs, he's usually a gentleman. He was objectively an arse with Amanda (and he had his reasons to threat her that way) in Revelations but they they made up and she was loyal to him. With Wanda in First Class he was respectful. Let's not talk about Avia (who clearly had a crush on him) in Hidden Years.
    What comes closer to chauvinism, IMHO, is that line he says around Draco, where he says that he usually leaves his women before they can do it. But he was also in pain and finally facing Betsy's death, so I'm not sure that 100% counts. Meh.

Does Warren's treatment of Charlotte in their breaking up count as chauvinism?
    (Oh, since someone mentioned her recently, he was perhaps chauvinist with the journalist from Generation-M? He did admit on panel that he hadn't been nice with her)

Curiously, Warren's return to his feeling for Jean (feelings he had overcome in the original X-Men run) happen in X-Factor as well. So Nocenti drew heavily from X-Factor, it seems.

I'd also add that Claremont didn't hide his hatred/not interest for Warren. And 80s are Claremont.
    Not sure if he ever admitted it, but in every title penned by Claremont, Warren is usually either absent/small cameo (X-Men: Forever), his relationship with Betsy broken up/ignored/forgotten (X-Men: The End, X-Treme), or... not written/threated well (House of M)

Sorry, long ramble is long.
    I don't see how breaking up with a girlfriend is chauvinistic. If it was just about every character in comics would be a sexist, considering how often they break up with their boyfriend or girlfriend and move on to someone else.
    The way that Angel breaks up with Charlotte makes him look bad, but not chauvinistic.

As for the Angel: Revelations story goes, I do and don't feel bad for Amanda Cobbs at the same time. Angel had absolutely no right to treat her the way that he did. On the other hand Amanda looks really terrible for the way that she decides to order an attack on Andrew Palmer on Hellsnight just to get back at Warren.
    One of the reasons that I really hate the Angel: Revelations story is because of how unlikeable all of the teenagers are. I know that it is meant to be part of the story, but I think that it goes way over the top.
    And Angel: Revelations is definitely an AU.

As for the clueless, greedy billionaire characterization, I might have bought into it before the X-Corp comic. It might have led to some interesting stories where Angel is led to confront a failing of his. I think that it's neat to see a character's flaws highlighted in stories. But after X-Corp that flaw kind of goes away.
    Actually it had started to go away as far back as Casey's run on Uncanny X-Men. Angel was using his company in sort of the same way. And he had put his time as a playboy type behind him, he wasn't really proud of that time in his life.
    I'd also point to X-Men Unlimited (2004) #8. I love that story (only nitpick is Warren wearing some bands/straps to keep his wings closed when he's in the office or visits around - doesn't make sense). Find it if you haven't read it so far, or you don't remember it.

Yes on the Black Knight in Legion of X. Black Knight has every right to misunderstand Warren's reason for his interest on her, so I'm not faulting her. But Warren was already seeing how to use that against Orchis, not to make money.

One part of the preview for Giant Size that I really don't like is the way that Angel doesn't give any money to the homeless girl. I hope that their is an explanation for that in the comic, because that's one thing that Angel wouldn't do.
    Well, with the situation between Mutants and Sapiens, I might see Warren not giving money to that girl out of spite. Or he is too preoccupied for the invite he got (the one mentioned in the synopsys) that he barely notices her. Anyway, I agree that I hope there'll be an explanation/reason for him to act like that.

Hello, Hakka84. How do you feel about the Chiaroscuro story now? It's been a while since I've read the story, and I could be miss remembering things, but I don't remember it being some kind of negative commentary about Angel.
    You've reminded me about the post I wanted to make about this when I was in bed: I admit that Nocenti's explanation of Chiaroscuro is threatening to sour the story to me.
    I mean. I understand that if Warren spoke, the elderly woman would've understood that she wasn't helping a true angel but a human, and I'll stick to this interpretation of Nocenti's words. Because Warren is no angel, but no devil either.
    And no, the story wasn't meant to be a negative commentary about him. The story is SPOILER FOR TIL IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS focused on this elderly woman who is treated badly by family (her nephew visit her only to steals her money) and neighbours (the woman next doors is not bad per se, but she comes as soon as the elderly tries to do something in the garden, stopping her). The elderly is thinking back about her gone past with her husband (she's sitting on the old, 60/70s car of her husband that was the car of their first dates) and is considering suicide/that there's no reason for her to live, when Warren falls in her garden. She collects all his feathers and attempts to glue them back on the wings. When Warren recovers enough to leave, the elderly woman has understood that she can still have things to live for, turns on the old car and heads out with a bright smile.
    So, basically, Warren saved her life and gave her a reason to live.
    (I should check dates, but I think the story - and the Mephisto crossover - came out few months before the Massacre, so X-Factor Warren. So Nocenti might've had that Warren in mind. Oh well)

We will never see eye to eye about Revelations, lol. All in all, I think in the end the three teens (Warren, Amanda and the guy whose name I don't recall ATM) redeem themselves in the final "battle" against the villain. I will always keep that story in my heart. <3

It's most likely true that Angel doesn't care about Candy as much , though. In the first issue of X-Factor, Warren considers what telling Scott that Jean is alive could do to Scott's marriage. I don't think that Angel even stops to think about what would happen to Candy if he tells Jean the truth and then tries to get together with Jean.
    I think we're finding the true culprit for Nocenti's bad impression of Warren: X-Factor. And I'm not taking it well, because now I'm starting to hate X-Factor.
    Warren was very much in love with Candy in New Defenders. It totally made no sense for him to turn to Jean that suddenly. I understand, Jean's return was a miracle and would be a earthquake for everyone involved. I can accept that Warren would be suddenly confused, and even torn. What's wrong is that we never read/heard Warren face this conflict, we never heard Warren mention Candy - Candy had been pretty much forgotten until her scene before Mutant Massacre. For how Warren acted since X-Factor #1, she would've been entitled to act jealous and vengeful like Maddie did with Scott.
    I will ignore canon on this. Pretend that Warren was very torn and didn't know how to face that and, like he usually does with feelings, I think this is canon), he closed his eyes instead of facing the hurdle.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-16-2024 at 02:04 PM.

You've reminded me about the post I wanted to make about this when I was in bed: I admit that Nocenti's explanation of Chiaroscuro is threatening to sour the story to me.
    I mean. I understand that if Warren spoke, the elderly woman would've understood that she wasn't helping a true angel but a human, and I'll stick to this interpretation of Nocenti's words. Because Warren is no angel, but no devil either.
    And no, the story wasn't meant to be a negative commentary about him. The story is SPOILER FOR TIL IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS focused on this elderly woman who is treated badly by family (her nephew visit her only to steals her money) and neighbours (the woman next doors is not bad per se, but she comes as soon as the elderly tries to do something in the garden, stopping her). The elderly is thinking back about her gone past with her husband (she's sitting on the old, 60/70s car of her husband that was the car of their first dates) and is considering suicide/that there's no reason for her to live, when Warren falls in her garden. She collects all his feathers and attempts to glue them back on the wings. When Warren recovers enough to leave, the elderly woman has understood that she can still have things to live for, turns on the old car and heads out with a bright smile.
    So, basically, Warren saved her life and gave her a reason to live.
    (I should check dates, but I think the story - and the Mephisto crossover - came out few months before the Massacre, so X-Factor Warren. So Nocenti might've had that Warren in mind. Oh well)

I think we're finding the true culprit for Nocenti's bad impression of Warren: X-Factor. And I'm not taking it well, because now I'm starting to hate X-Factor.
    Warren was very much in love with Candy in New Defenders. It totally made no sense for him to turn to Jean that suddenly. I understand, Jean's return was a miracle and would be a earthquake for everyone involved. I can accept that Warren would be suddenly confused, and even torn. What's wrong is that we never read/heard Warren face this conflict, we never heard Warren mention Candy - Candy had been pretty much forgotten until her scene before Mutant Massacre. For how Warren acted since X-Factor #1, she would've been entitled to act jealous and vengeful like Maddie did with Scott.
    I will ignore canon on this. Pretend that Warren was very torn and didn't know how to face that and, like he usually does with feelings, I think this is canon), he closed his eyes instead of facing the hurdle.
    I was just joking with you about the Chiaroscuro story. Sorry. No need to work yourself up over it. You can still like it.

No need to work yourself up over X-Factor either. The writer said that she liked it. Maybe for different reasons than you, but I don't think we know that for sure. We also don't know that is where she is getting the idea that Angel is a chauvinist from. So just don't worry about that comic either. Just be a little disappointed with the new comic if you read it and don't like it that much.

Don't worry, Thievery. Yesterday I was just sore for the "hurt" of Nocenti's interview. Now I'm feeling better. Thankfully I've grown used to ignore authors when they say something that I don't agree with (including explanations for plot-holes in their own original stuff - like in a tv show). The fact I have a weak memory also helps to forget.

At this point (but crossing fingers!) I think I don't risk to completely hate Giant-Size, even if Warren' characterization is OOC. I still manage to not throw a fit at... IDK the number, but the mini story arch with the Evolutionary in early 2000s when he removed the mutants powers. And Kitty shows a postcard received from Warren and Betsy enjoying the beach (when we know Warren would be holed up in the Aerie crying for his lost wings, not out celebrating). So there's still hope.

^^^Good memory. Here's the scene in question...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Thank you, K7P5V! I do remember the stories but I'm abysmal in remembering the issue number / year / or author (I seem many here tend to remember arcs by authors or artists. Then there's me who remembers the name of like two artists *lol*)

Further elaboration on how the pages above just show the author knew nothing about Warren: Warren has been out since ages, why wouldn't he "go to a beach unless he owned it"?
    Not to mention the image inducer?
    Meh.

Can we agree the photo of the postcard itself is good? I wish we could've seen it in its entirety or the reference (if there was one). Do you think Betsy was sitting on Warren's arm (a pose I think I've seen Piotr do)?

Ultimate Member

She could be sitting on his arm with him holding her up or his hand could be on her hip.

I think the mystery of how Warren comes back has been solved, thanks to the X-Men Forever #2 preview.

I think the mystery of how Warren comes back has been solved, thanks to the X-Men Forever #2 preview.
    I'm hoping this is indeed the case.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!