Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

"Battle-ready" mutations be d*mned. Warren's strength lies in the symbolism innate to his mutated appearance. Mutants called monsters and then appears this thing of undeniable transcendent beauty...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

is that a Morlock child?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Warren easter egg in X-men 97. spoilers:
    Morph morphs into Warren so he could fly to safety
    end of spoilers
    I've watched a few people's reaction vids on youtube to that episode, and all of them cheered when they saw Archangel. I think Marvel seriously underestimates his popularity.

Thank you for the spoiler/news, Havok83.
    If I remember right, the scene was included/spotted in a teaser months ago, so it was expected. Hoping that the real Warren will show up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "Battle-ready" mutations be d*mned. Warren's strength lies in the symbolism innate to his mutated appearance. Mutants called monsters and then appears this thing of undeniable transcendent beauty...
    Let's engrave these words on a bronze plate and send it to Marvel X-Office.
    Since he will never be an Omega mutant, he should be used for the more political/image side of the mutants. I liked it when, during his UXM run in the team with Kurt, he spoke in front of the UE / met the UE president as (a) face of the mutants.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

That looks like Nina, although she is a character that wasnt around for that era

Her name is Maggie and was a character exclusive to Marvels & related titles.

This pic has been circulating over on Twitter as part of a commentary for X-Men '97 Scott/X-cutioner scene, that's why I remember. XD
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I don't know that it has to be Angel who fills that role. Storm, Jean, Sync, a lot of X-Men could be a symbol of mutant hero who isn't looked at as a monster. Angel with his wings looks undeniably like a mutant.
    I'll take the version of Archangel that is actually interesting to read stories about, not the guy who just flaps around and saves the occasional civilian, and is otherwise portrayed as useless.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post

This pic has been circulating over on Twitter as part of a commentary for X-Men '97 Scott/X-cutioner scene, that's why I remember. XD
    I didn't watch the cartoon when it first aired, and I have no interest in watching X-Men '97. I have not watched any of the new episodes. By why would this picture be used as commentary on a fight between Cyclops and X-Cutioner?

Agree to disagree on Warren's role. As long as they use him I'm fine. I fear beggars can't be choosers, at this point. I say this with sadness, but that's the truth.
    I know that you are of the "either they use him good or get him on the bench for a while", Thievery. I'm not saying you're wrong, of course. To each their own way to cope with Marvel's treatment toward Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I didn't watch the cartoon when it first aired, and I have no interest in watching X-Men '97. I have not watched any of the new episodes. By why would this picture be used as commentary on a fight between Cyclops and X-Cutioner?
    I admit I don't know as I haven't watched myself, Havok83 might elaborate. But, from what I gathered, X-Cutioner goes on a rant against Cyclops about mutants playing the victims cards. And, for some reason, discussion on the web led to the example of this little girl and how she was persecuted in the story. So, actually, the images that floated were actually the pages with the girl in a basement discovered by the main character of Marvels. Warren's pic was floated around as a consequence of the discussion about the girl. (And also as a "you see this girl being saved by a real angel and you still cry out monster" commentary to the baseline people in the MU).
    Hoping I explained myself.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-25-2024 at 04:12 PM.

Indeed. Together, Kurt Busiek & Alex Ross created her. Here's her 1st appearance from...

Marvels #2

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Angel's getting a new villian uniform in Future Fight

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Oh! Forgot there's a livestream in MFF. Surprise uniform for Warren but underwhelming for me.
    Peerless and Fearless

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Together, Kurt Busiek & Alex Ross created her. Here's her 1st appearance from...

Marvels #2

Marvels was a great series. I love the image of Warren on the cover. Warren may not be my top fave but I like him and I'm still hoping he will have a larger role in the upcoming era.

*Stealing* Might turn out useful for some AU. Thanks for sharing!!
    What it's meant this to be, though? It's like Warren met Ilyana's fashion designer. Or romanced the Goblin Queen (not ours, the Goblin Queen of Dark X-Men).

These videogames come up with some designs that make no sense. I'll share some of skins.

From Marvel Super War.
    Fallen Angel:

and Gothic Masquerade (apparently it was an Hellfire-like event and some characters got the themed-skin/costume):

the white hair are the icing. Basically only the wings are what these skins have in common with Warren. I'm still not 100% non convinced this were meant to be Warren. But hey.

*Stealing* Might turn out useful for some AU. Thanks for sharing!!
    What it's meant this to be, though? It's like Warren met Ilyana's fashion designer. Or romanced the Goblin Queen (not ours, the Goblin Queen of Dark X-Men).

These videogames come up with some designs that make no sense. I'll share some of skins.
    He got one alongside Satana. There doesnt seem to be a coherent theme. Its like they randomly decided to make him demonic. Like they just had a Goblin Queen update 2 months ago; he'd have been fitting for that

Agree to disagree on Warren's role. As long as they use him I'm fine. I fear beggars can't be choosers, at this point. I say this with sadness, but that's the truth.
    I know that you are of the "either they use him good or get him on the bench for a while", Thievery. I'm not saying you're wrong, of course. To each their own way to cope with Marvel's treatment toward Warren.

I admit I don't know as I haven't watched myself, Havok83 might elaborate. But, from what I gathered, X-Cutioner goes on a rant against Cyclops about mutants playing the victims cards. And, for some reason, discussion on the web led to the example of this little girl and how she was persecuted in the story. So, actually, the images that floated were actually the pages with the girl in a basement discovered by the main character of Marvels. Warren's pic was floated around as a consequence of the discussion about the girl. (And also as a "you see this girl being saved by a real angel and you still cry out monster" commentary to the baseline people in the MU).
    Hoping I explained myself.
    On the bright side, Kurt Busiek eventually revealed what happened to that little, runaway mutant girl...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Marvels was a great series. I love the image of Warren on the cover. Warren may not be my top fave but I like him and I'm still hoping he will have a larger role in the upcoming era.
    Couldn't agree more. Alex Ross is truly the G.O.A.T. (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-25-2024 at 11:00 PM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."