Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Agree to disagree on Warren's role. As long as they use him I'm fine. I fear beggars can't be choosers, at this point. I say this with sadness, but that's the truth.
    I know that you are of the "either they use him good or get him on the bench for a while", Thievery. I'm not saying you're wrong, of course. To each their own way to cope with Marvel's treatment toward Warren.
    Oh, no, I agree with you that beggars can't be choosers. I've been saying that for a while now when it comes to Angel. It just also looks as though Marvel hasn't really had a good plan for the character since Krakoa started. X-Corp read like they were making it up as they went along. I've just also always thought that it was better to be left out than be misused the way that Beast was. Now there is no long term damage done to the character. Beast will be in the next era, but we don't know how he will be written. He could still be a douche bag villainous character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Angel's getting a new villian uniform in Future Fight

It's kind of interesting to see a design based off of his look as the Fallen from Mutant X. The design is pretty generic looking, though.
    Since I don't play the game, I guess that it doesn't really bother me as much, though.

He got one alongside Satana. There doesnt seem to be a coherent theme. Its like they randomly decided to make him demonic. Like they just had a Goblin Queen update 2 months ago; he'd have been fitting for that
    I'm kind of glad that there is no coherent theme to it. It's nice to know that there won't actually be any synergy between this game and the comics. It would be crap to see Warren go back to being a villain again.

You are right, though. If there was a Goblin Queen update it probably would have made more sense to use Warren's demonic look there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

I'm kind of glad that there is no coherent theme to it. It's nice to know that there won't actually be any synergy between this game and the comics. It would be crap to see Warren go back to being a villain again.

You are right, though. If there was a Goblin Queen update it probably would have made more sense to use Warren's demonic look there.
    I missed it but its their April Fools seasonal looks

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Ann Nocenti for ‘Giant-Size X-Men’ #1:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/26/x-...ti-giant-size/

Warren Worthington III was one of the mutant casualties of the Fall of X, but this May, the Angel soars again in Giant-Size X-Men #1! To celebrate, X-Men Monday will welcome back the one-shot’s writer, X-Men legend Ann Nocenti. But before Ann returns… we need your questions, X-Fans!

Accepting Questions About: Giant-Size X-Men #1, general Angel/Archangel questions
    Deadline: Friday, March 29 @ 5 PM ET
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely send a question in.

Damn. Once we get an X-Monday on the birb... I have no question to make. =_=
    I really wish to have something decent to send in, even if just to show that Warren has a dedicated fandom. But... *drawing blank here*

Edit: done.
    I don't care if mine won't be picked, as my questions were very general.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-26-2024 at 08:02 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

In keeping up to date with Warren's cameo through Marvel Fandom I've noticed that Warren was listed as appearing in Sabretooth #2 so I checked.
    And. I'm not even sure about what to think of this...

And, to make sure we didn't think this was a typo, they retaliated with this panel

Mole, buddy... have you memory checked.

Now. Was this a mistake, or is Marvel trying to subtly erase Bobby's past as hetero man, me wonders?
    Still, I find it funny that this (error) technically retcons a whole bunch of X-Factor (or Opal cheated on Bobby with Warren) and Warren would be seeing two girls at the same time while being depressed for his Archangel transformation. Way to go, blue bird!

Sorry but, these things make me so, so angry. It takes a genius of evil to check any database where you get Mole's history (which I'm sure the author did) and exchange Angel for Bobby. Unless it wasn't a mistake but something done willingly - re, erase Bobby's history, which would be way more unacceptable, as Opal has been an important part of Bobby's romantic life.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Ultimate Member

They either got it wrong ir Mole thought that Opal and awareness were more than friends when they weren't.

Happy B-day to me. On Easter this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They either got it wrong ir Mole thought that Opal and awareness were more than friends when they weren't.

Happy B-day to me. On Easter this year.
    Mole and Warren didn't even share a panel (not seeing each other, I mean "drawn in the same page"). I just want my No-Prize. (

Hiya. Happy belated birthday!
    And belated Easter for those who celebrate(d).

Ultimate Member

I share the 31st as a birthday with my oldest nephew who is now 33.

As for Mole who knows, Warren needs to come back and headline a book.

Warren is getting some much needed focus in Giant-Size X-Men (2024) #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/05/ex...-x-men-2024-1/

THE AVENGING ANGEL LOSES HIMSELF IN A DANGEROUS MAZE OF THE MIND!

A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he’s ever faced before! A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky! PLUS: Includes MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #68 by Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio and Ron Wilson – a classic Angel-and-Thing team-up tale of daring, drama, doom…and disco?!

Warren is getting some much needed focus in Giant-Size X-Men (2024) #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/05/ex...-x-men-2024-1/

THE AVENGING ANGEL LOSES HIMSELF IN A DANGEROUS MAZE OF THE MIND!

A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he’s ever faced before! A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky! PLUS: Includes MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #68 by Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio and Ron Wilson – a classic Angel-and-Thing team-up tale of daring, drama, doom…and disco?!

How many dozen winged mutants do we have?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    How many dozen winged mutants do we have?
    I don't think these are meant to be mutants, but merely ghosts from Warren's past?
    Still, this pages got me intrigued. I think(hope) we can expect some mental game in which we are given some insight in Warren's psyche. We got years (decades at this point) of Warren jumping between hero and villain, but never a truly focus on that dichotomy (other than some panels of Angel Vs. Archangel inner conflict during Uncanny X-Force).

I'm eager.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-05-2024 at 06:39 PM.

GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1 (2024) Warren is serving up some KYLE XY vibes...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-05-2024 at 07:22 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I don't think these are meant to be mutants, but merely ghosts from Warren's past?
    Still, this pages got me intrigued. I think(hope) we can expect some mental game in which we are given some insight in Warren's psyche. We got years (decades at this point) of Warren jumping between hero and villain, but never a truly focus on that dichotomy (other than some panels of Angel Vs. Archangel inner conflict during Uncanny X-Force).

I'm eager.
    Most of Warren's stories have involved the dichotomy of being Angel/Archangel.

I really hope that we get more out of this story than just Warren confronting the Angel/Archangel stuff. That's pretty generic territory for Angel at this point.

It's nice to see Candy again, but I'm afraid that the story is going to try and suggest that Warren never cared about her, and that she was only ever a replacement for Jean.

I'll repeat what I posted in the preview thread. Seeing this preview makes me less interested in the comic.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I posted this in the Iceman thread as well. Bobby outsmarts Warren into thinking he killed him, snapping Warren out of Apocalypses hold in the OG X-Factor.