Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I know that this talking point has been beaten to death in Archangel's threads, but that's how the character is viewed by people who work at Marvel. They just find the regular version of the character to be boring, for the most part. JD White even went the full distance and said that he would write Angel out of being one of the original X-Men if he could choose one, just because he found his power to fly to be generic and uninteresting.
    You know what's interesting?
    As I'm digging into old arts I'm marvelled of seeing artists admit that they find Warren (ANGEL) interesting. I've come to accept that people don't like Warren in his before/without Archangel features. It's refreshing to know that out there there was (hopefully still is) people who find Warren Worthington and his backstory interesting - no Archangel, but Warren.

There's still hope for the world, if there are people out there who like Warren for all his facets.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    You know what's interesting?
    As I'm digging into old arts I'm marvelled of seeing artists admit that they find Warren (ANGEL) interesting. I've come to accept that people don't like Warren in his before/without Archangel features. It's refreshing to know that out there there was (hopefully still is) people who find Warren Worthington and his backstory interesting - no Archangel, but Warren.

There's still hope for the world, if there are people out there who like Warren for all his facets.
    There probably are plenty of artists who like drawing the regular winged version of the character. People have been doing paintings of angels for centuries now. The problem is that it just doesn't seem to turn into interest from most writers.

Whenever I search for art involving Warren I usually see pictures of other angels or archangels on the same page. Those angels are almost always more interesting than regular winged Warren is. They just have more charisma. Warren's metal winged version is the only one that really holds up next to designs of other angels from fan art that I see. It's why I would like to see Angel's halo costume replaced with something else when he's just the regular winged version. He needs a better costume to help him stand out against the pack.

Just my opinion.

There probably are plenty of artists who like drawing the regular winged version of the character. People have been doing paintings of angels for centuries now. The problem is that it just doesn't seem to turn into interest from most writers.
    I was referring to the (fan)artists commenting that they found interesting the character, not his visual appearance.
    Again, I can understand why writers find it easier to work with Archangel than "plain" Angel - it's how the X-Corner is. In the Avengers corner I think writers would be more inclined to use Angel than Archangel.
    (but... meh... after Wolverine and Deadpool have been legitimized... even ascended!Archangel could get the membership. *lol*)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I was referring to the (fan)artists commenting that they found interesting the character, not his visual appearance.
    Again, I can understand why writers find it easier to work with Archangel than "plain" Angel - it's how the X-Corner is. In the Avengers corner I think writers would be more inclined to use Angel than Archangel.
    (but... meh... after Wolverine and Deadpool have been legitimized... even ascended!Archangel could get the membership. *lol*)
    I was referring to the number of artists who have enjoyed drawing or painting angels in general over the years because of the religious symbolism that comes with them, not anything else. Sorry that I wasn't more clear.
    I'm not particularly interested in a flat out religious symbolism for Warren. One of the many reasons that Nu-Angel sucked was because he was a religious fanatic. I was just was pointing out what artists have used his name to symbolize over the centuries.

Sorry about my miss-understanding about what you were saying about artist interviews. I didn't realize that you were talking about the people who drew fan art.
    Last edited by Thievery; 03-01-2024 at 04:07 AM.

No harm done, Thievery
    If it helps, many (fan)artist curse at Warren's feathers wings because they can't draw them or get tired at doing the feathers

I finally managed to read Marvel Two-in-One #68, the issue that will be reprinted in the Giant Size X-Men comic that will star Archangel. Even with the low expectations that I had for the story, it was pretty terrible. It's really hard to believe that Two-in One #68 was chosen to be a backup for a comic these days. Even the slight tie-in to Arcade and Murder World don't justify this comic being used. Especially when it is easy to find old copies these days.

As easy as it is to find back issues these days, Marvel should have either just added an extra 10 pages to the main story, or just made a 10 page backup story.

If Two-in-One is a clue as to where I think that this story may be heading than I am really going to be pissed!
    If it is then Marvel should have just called the comic Giant Sized F### You! and saved the other title for something better.

Ultimate Member

There's a new mini coming about finding the heir to Apocalypse and Warren is on one of the covers but is not in the running to take Apocalypses place...

I learned my lesson with Dark X-Men. Especially since Foxe wrote that, too. I'm going into this with low expectations as far as Warren is concerned. Especially since, as of now, he's still dead. That might even be the premise: with his first choice not available, Big A holds a tournament instead.

I stay away for more hours than usual, and I come to find this??

Marvel, why you torture me? Apocalypse + heir role and not Warren in first place??!

Loving the cover, though. Just hoping that Warren will
    a) be there
    b) if he's there, more than a cameo
    c) explanation of why he isn't running.
    d) if he isn't there, explanation that he was the first in line but he's [dead] so rumble time for his place.

No other option accepted.

I finally managed to read Marvel Two-in-One #68, the issue that will be reprinted in the Giant Size X-Men comic that will star Archangel. Even with the low expectations that I had for the story, it was pretty terrible. It's really hard to believe that Two-in One #68 was chosen to be a backup for a comic these days. Even the slight tie-in to Arcade and Murder World don't justify this comic being used. Especially when it is easy to find old copies these days.

As easy as it is to find back issues these days, Marvel should have either just added an extra 10 pages to the main story, or just made a 10 page backup story.

If Two-in-One is a clue as to where I think that this story may be heading than I am really going to be pissed!
    If it is then Marvel should have just called the comic Giant Sized F### You! and saved the other title for something better.
    Hiya. Sorry to not acknowledging your post.
    It's been a while since I read the story, so I might misremember it. But I think it was a funny, silly I guess, light reading. We can't enjoy everything, but I'm sad to hear the reading got you angered/annoyed.

Let's all hope that the choice to include it in the coming One Shot was just because of the link with Arcade and nothing more. The old story was meant to be something that would stand on its own and not bring anything to canon. I hope the Vicenti story will be different, and respectful to Warren.
    (sorry, still ranting and cursing between myself because of Heir of Apocalypse)

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

At least we are given the light after the dark (X-Men).LOL
    Let's wait and see if Foxe will redeem himself and give Warren the respectable story.
    Peerless and Fearless

Hiya. Sorry to not acknowledging your post.
    It's been a while since I read the story, so I might misremember it. But I think it was a funny, silly I guess, light reading. We can't enjoy everything, but I'm sad to hear the reading got you angered/annoyed.

Let's all hope that the choice to include it in the coming One Shot was just because of the link with Arcade and nothing more. The old story was meant to be something that would stand on its own and not bring anything to canon. I hope the Vicenti story will be different, and respectful to Warren.
    (sorry, still ranting and cursing between myself because of Heir of Apocalypse)
    I honestly wish that I hadn't posted so negatively that way.
    I had logged on when a bunch of really bad stuff was starting to happen in real life. When I came back to post my message I hadn't calmed down yet. I really wish that I had just logged off instead of finishing my post.

But, I really didn't like that story from Two-In-One. I don't think it would be printed today.

As for the mini involving the heir to Apocalypse mini, I'm going to guess that Warren is still dead. The mini's announcement has made me more pessimistic, in a strange way.

he's back!

Ultimate Member

Sorry but that's just a cover, as Warren is not listed as one of the 12 characters in the running to be Apocalypses heir.

he might be in the story, just in a different role.