Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I'm still hopeful, especially with X-Force. There's admittedly a ton up in the air though: Will he be resurrected in Giant Size, or does it take place before his death? Is he actually in Heir of Apocalypse, or is that just a cover that doesn't reflect the story at all (which unfortunately happens a lot nowadays)?
    Might be wrong, but wasn't Giant Size confirmed to be contemporary to post-Fall?

I can't see Marvel pulling out a story for Warren that would be set before the Hellfire Gala almost an a year after the actual Hellfire happened.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Might be wrong, but wasn't Giant Size confirmed to be contemporary to post-Fall?

I can't see Marvel pulling out a story for Warren that would be set before the Hellfire Gala almost an a year after the actual Hellfire happened.
    In the article with Nocenti I read, this is what she said about when it takes place: "Doing an X-Men tale set in the past is intriguing in that the story can drill deeper into a missed moment, like a 'behind the scenes / between the scenes' extras reel," says Nocenti, whose recent Marvel Comics work includes such "between-the-scenes" stories published in X-Men Legends and the recent Storm series. "For those stories, you can give deep fans a deeper dive into an X-Men historical highlight. That said, it feels great to write a present-day tale."

In this context, "present day" is compared to her other stories that took place many years in the past. So I could see a pre-Hellfire Gala story counting as present day. Having said that, she also said this: "When editor Annalise Bissa first called me, many of the X-Men were too busy or unavailable (see current storyline!). We joked about Angel, and how Warren, perhaps because of his background of extreme wealth and privilege, gave him a clueless arrogance that was not popular with X-Men fans. So, it became a fun challenge for me to take on. I had done a short Angel story with David Mazzucchelli in Al Milgrom's Marvel Fanfare long ago, and I loved how we focused on what an angel represents. In that story, his beautiful angelic look inspires a frightened lady to finally leave her house. That got me thinking of a game all the X-Men could play, a game that would dig deeper into a character's evolution and mythic symbolism in a fun way."

That seems to imply it takes place now, but there is zero mention of Warren being dead. The solicit just says: "A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he's ever faced before! A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky!"

That solicit acts like Warren is currently just hanging out in his Colorado ski lodge, and not a golden skull on the seafloor. Hence my confusion about when it takes place. I guess there's a third possibility: it takes place post-Krakoa, and Warren is resurrected in one of the other books. So afterwards he is just hanging out somewhere when this starts.

All that being said, I think I still settle on the classic Black - gifted by Magneto - costume as my favorite suit for Warren.

...with the Black and Silver Archangel X-Force look a close 2nd...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I honestly can't remember the last time he was part of the main X-Men roster. I guess technically Bunn's Uncanny, but I don't really count that.

I'm still hopeful, especially with X-Force. There's admittedly a ton up in the air though: Will he be resurrected in Giant Size, or does it take place before his death? Is he actually in Heir of Apocalypse, or is that just a cover that doesn't reflect the story at all (which unfortunately happens a lot nowadays)?
    Prior to Bunn, Fraction using him on Utopia in that rotating cast is the closest

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

With the new era of X-titles not revealed yet, I still think Warren should be on X-Force. That's only if he comes out of the Giant Size X-Men with the access of being Archangel. And hopefully, a writer who cares for his characterization.
    Peerless and Fearless

Ultimate Member

Though it could be putting Warren in a rut of only fitting in on an X-Force team, and that could be bad for him imho.

In Gail Simone's question thread, I mentioned hoping to see Warren used in the new era, and this is what she said:

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    I love Warren, he's one of the OG characters and I always feel like he gets the short end of the stick. I can't say anything at this point, I'm sorry. But I absolutely hear what you're saying.

That's probably the most positive thing someone in the X-Office has said about Warren in years, so I'm feeling hopeful about his chances.

I have to go thank Gail for these words. I don't care if she knows something, and it's something positive or not, but the words themselves are so refreshing, in an era of "he's useless, uninteresting, blond rich white dull" ç_ç
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I'm sorry to be the debbie-downer here, but I'm still not really sure that Archangel has a place.

There are a lot of other missing characters besides Warren.

From what little that I have been able to follow, I think that X-Force is going to end up being the Mystique comic. I believe that the leaks that pointed to Jean, Storm, and Cyclops getting monthly solos also included Mystique as getting a book. We haven't seen anything about her yet, and X-Force could be it.

I'm guessing that X-Factor will be about Maddie and Havok.

These are just guesses and I really do hope that I am wrong.

Oh, I start with 0% hope. So I can never be disappointed.

For now I only have one certainty: that Warren will be in Giant Size. That's it. Nothing else.

Not sure how we can interpret Gail's words. She must keep info obvs, but the fact she didn't say an outright "no Warren in the future" is already something?
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-18-2024 at 08:11 PM.

Oh, I start with 0% hope. So I can never be disappointed.

For now I only have one certainty: that Warren will be in Giant Size. That's it. Nothing else.

Not sure how we can interpret Gail's words. She must keep info obvs, but the fact she didn't say an outright "no Warren in the future" is already something?
    I'm just guessing that Archangel will still be dead after Krakoa.

We don't know when Giant-Size happens.

We don't know if Archangel being on the cover of that Heir of Apocalypse issue means anything or not. Genocide is also on a cover and he is very much still dead.

Like I said, just a guess, and I hope that I'm wrong.

(art by Carrie-Kube on DA)

Golden X-Force Archangel. Yes or no?

Warren easter egg in X-men 97. spoilers:
    Morph morphs into Warren so he could fly to safety
    end of spoilers

(art by Carrie-Kube on DA)

Golden X-Force Archangel. Yes or no?
    A secondary color on the wings is kind of interesting. A metallic gold color looks okay there. I might like red better.

No to the blue and gold costume, though. It doesn't look good on the costume design. And there are a lot of X-Men that wear blue and yellow/gold.

The July solicits seem to imply that Genocide is alive in issue #2 of Heirs of Apocalypse and he tries to force his way in as a 13th contestant. So it looks like there is more hope that Archangel will be alive in issue#3.