Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Solid enough issue, glad the plot threads are starting to converge but still not loving the Hellblazer-style narration.

Also, Barry saying the ghosts "must be something scientific" reminded me a lot of Williamson's infamous "use the science" line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    But this is Wally's book?
    I meant in a Wally story where they actually interact.

This issue was crazy! What the hell is going on? Those last few pages had my heart racing. Also the word Cynosure has me wondering. Hmm. What does this mean for Wally and the dynamic of The Flash family?
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Solid enough issue, glad the plot threads are starting to converge but still not loving the Hellblazer-style narration.

Also, Barry saying the ghosts "must be something scientific" reminded me a lot of Williamson's infamous "use the science" line.
    It's funny because Barry has fought literal ghosts in semi recent memory.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

This issue could have been a good issue of Flash: Rebirth, if Flash Rebirth was a good comic instead of the disgrace it was. Right now, I dunno.... This is clearly intentional, but I feel if dynamics that seem so artificially put into the comic are going to be a thing, it should have more answers by now..
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    This issue could have been a good issue of Flash: Rebirth, if Flash Rebirth was a good comic instead of the disgrace it was. Right now, I dunno.... This is clearly intentional, but I feel if dynamics that seem so artificially put into the comic are going to be a thing, it should have more answers by now..
    You mean the new dynamic of Wally feeling insecure and Barry feeling like the world has forgotten him/he is not needed anymore? I felt like this issue revealed that it was them being manipulated by you know who. What do you think? I could be wrong as sometimes this book can be hard to follow.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

You mean the new dynamic of Wally feeling insecure and Barry feeling like the world has forgotten him/he is not needed anymore? I felt like this issue revealed that it was them being manipulated by you know who. What do you think? I could be wrong as sometimes this book can be hard to follow.
    Yeah I thought it was clear that Barry is being manipulated with the whole blue energy glasses scene.

Something is really up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh wow, they remembered Iris' New 52 suit. I guess that makes sense since Manapul designed it.

Jesse with long hair !

Although Linda and Iris still feel weird to be in there even if they had speed and a costume for a bit. Even moreso because Linda is in front of Judy when she's wearing a variant of her costume.
    Jesse has long hair because the designs are slightly outdated. Irey's hairstyle is old too, she's been aged up and dumped the twintails (which her friend Maxine now wears instead).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah I thought it was clear that Barry is being manipulated with the whole blue energy glasses scene.

Something is really up here.
    Yeah, it's been clear Barry isn't himself for a while. Iris said he didn't get out of bed all day some issues back. His weird attitude is clearly because of what's going on.

Speed Force has made note of it too - neither of the main Flashes have been around lately (they're both compromised in different ways it seems), leaving Ace and Avery to pick up the slack. Wally's book has also shown that Jay and Jesse are having to put in extra work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seems a tad weird to use spoilers:
    Thawne as the villain instead of Hunter Zolomon in a Wally Flash book but I guess Thawne is more popular.
    end of spoilers

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yeah, that Barry and Wally are being manipulated by some creepy outside force is clear enough. It's just that if we're going to see this tension between them, sixx issues in, I need more answers than what we have.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Seems a tad weird to use spoilers:
    Thawne as the villain instead of Hunter Zolomon in a Wally Flash book but I guess Thawne is more popular.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think it is weird give their history and Wally's place in the Flash family but I find it a little annoying as I think he is over used.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, that Barry and Wally are being manipulated by some creepy outside force is clear enough. It's just that if we're going to see this tension between them, sixx issues in, I need more answers than what we have.
    Fair enough. I agree. We need more answers like yesterday.

I don't think it is weird give their history and Wally's place in the Flash family but I find it a little annoying as I think he is over used.
    Especially after Williamson.