Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Why, some of the most immature people I've ever known were married! Often many times!

Not to say Jesse isn't a reasonably mature adult but, ya know, silly to bring up her being married.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Does anyone if Spurrier aware that Jesse Quick is already married to Hourman? Consider how he wrote her in issue 4. I think he should acknowledge that she isn't single woman anymore and the way the dialogues played out doesn't seem to hint she is mature to be a married woman.
    One of the weirdest criticisms of the current run i ever read.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Does anyone if Spurrier aware that Jesse Quick is already married to Hourman? Consider how he wrote her in issue 4. I think he should acknowledge that she isn't single woman anymore and the way the dialogues played out doesn't seem to hint she is mature to be a married woman.
    What does that comment even means?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Flash Family is called a family for a reason. Not everyone is blood related but they still behave that way. Jesse is not trying to steal Linda's position - she's more like the sister Wally never had, I'd say. Similar to his relationship to Donna or Kory (since the Titans are also like a family). All Jesse is doing with Irey is being a fun mentor. She's not trying to replace Linda. In fact Spurrier was just picking up seeds grown in the previous run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So, a friend of mine is very close to some writers at DC. He told me something interesting. I do not know if it is 100% true or if all of it is true BUT he said that there will be an alternate style universe springing out of the summer event. It will not be called Ultimate DC but will be a new separate universe with about 5 monthly books first launching. It won't be a modern take on the characters like the original ultimate universe was but this will be more of a different take on these characters. He said Jeff Lemire will be writing a Wally West Flash book and giving him a new origin. I hope this is true. I love Lemires work. Can't imagine having two Wally West Flash books but then again I never thought we would get even one ever again. So fingers crossed!
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    So, a friend of mine is very close to some writers at DC. He told me something interesting. I do not know if it is 100% true or if all of it is true BUT he said that there will be an alternate style universe springing out of the summer event. It will not be called Ultimate DC but will be a new separate universe with about 5 monthly books first launching. It won't be a modern take on the characters like the original ultimate universe was but this will be more of a different take on these characters. He said Jeff Lemire will be writing a Wally West Flash book and giving him a new origin. I hope this is true. I love Lemires work. Can't imagine having two Wally West Flash books but then again I never thought we would get even one ever again. So fingers crossed!
    Well, all i can say is that i hope this is true.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Huh, so this is separate from Snyder Ultimate DC thing?

I'm kind of curious if his take would be similar to his work on Animal Man.

Astonishing Member

I was a huge Kid Flash as a kid -- from his appearances in Teen Titans (original series) that ended in the early 70s. I think he had some solo stories in Flash in the 70s, but don't think I've ever seen those. I did read some reprints from the Silver Age, and a Bronze Age story where he and Barry teamed up in a 100-page Spectacular issue of Flash. Anyone ever read any solo stories of Wally from the Bronze Age?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, so this is separate from Snyder Ultimate DC thing?

I'm kind of curious if his take would be similar to his work on Animal Man.
    No this IS Snyder's thing. He is the man in charge of it from what I was told. Not sure what he himself is writing though. Oh and Waid is writing the event that will lead into this new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I was a huge Kid Flash as a kid -- from his appearances in Teen Titans (original series) that ended in the early 70s. I think he had some solo stories in Flash in the 70s, but don't think I've ever seen those. I did read some reprints from the Silver Age, and a Bronze Age story where he and Barry teamed up in a 100-page Spectacular issue of Flash. Anyone ever read any solo stories of Wally from the Bronze Age?
    Yeah he did have some solo stories in Barry's book. I remember really liking them. I haven't read them in many years though.

Oh and my friend also said that after the event that BOTH universes (the existing one and the new unnamed ultimate one) will have to deal with consequences and ongoing threats from that event going forward.

Again, not sure how much is 100% true or if anything will change in the coming months but this is what I heard.

No this IS Snyder's thing. He is the man in charge of it from what I was told. Not sure what he himself is writing though. Oh and Waid is writing the event that will lead into this new universe.
    Oh, okay.

Kind of surprised they wouldn't go with Barry since Wally is currently headlining the main Flash book. Not that I mind, just that not really sure what they could do with it unless it's an unmarried Wally.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This is very interesting news if true.

Considering Lemire has been focusing on his creator-owned stuff, him willing to come back to DC indicates he would be given a lot of freedom with the character.

A new origin story actually could defeat the biggest criticism that naysayers have against the character and even open doors for him outside the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    A new origin story actually could defeat the biggest criticism that naysayers have against the character and even open doors for him outside the comics.
    I'd kind of be torn on that. Like it would benefit Wally as a standalone Flash but also kind of negate the importance of Barry and that relationship or the Flash as a legacy hero.

But I guess now is as good a time as any to find ways to remove Barry from the equation.