Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    *Cough cough* New Warriors affiliated corner of the marvel universe, thank you very much.

Only joking

Yes it's been a great ride for her so far and do hope the push continues. It's been fun to see how many new fans she's got in the last year.

Marvel would be mad not to put her on another team. She's a vote winner, so people do want to read about her.
    No, yes, of course. But any affiliation talk during the Krakoan era has largely been that of her proximity to the Avengers. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    No, yes, of course. But any affiliation talk during the Krakoan era has largely been that of her proximity to the Avengers. Apologies.
    No need to apologise friend! I was only joking with you

Most X readers only know about her Avengers past thanks to Duggan and aren't aware she's been on half a dozen other teams including her last team which was the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Great idea. But I doubt Duggan will do anything with Angelica. She didn't even feature as wallpaper in Fall of X alongside the other heads of divisions.

I have a sinking feeling that Angelica won't do anything of note to Orchis.
    He never wanted her and makes it clear by simply having her there to be there.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He never wanted her and makes it clear by simply having her there to be there.
    There are a number of storylines that wound up finding real estate on Marvel Unlimited, rather than the intended printed page -- to the chagrin of many a less-privileged reader unable to afford that level of access.
    Duggan was supposed to complete the Sunfire/Redroot plot but it wound up being written and wrapped up by the Steves. The same goes for the Firestar's journey through Orchis. These folks are doing the best they can with the tools and minimal space they're given to address as much as possible.

And now that I'm ranting (sorry) this reminds me just how impactful the nameless powers-that-be have over when/where/how these stories get rush jobs to expedite OTHER stories deemed more important -- like the tragic loss of X-Factor, its poorly executed conclusion (which the WRITER was completely in the dark about) to make way for Trial of Magneto.

That is to say, I think readers can inadvertently stack ownership, responsibility and agency onto the writers -- when the writers are largely at the whims of the aforementioned nameless powers-that-be, railroading their stories, jettisoning their ambitions, and sometimes fully rewriting their product (again, X-Factor) to serve an agenda that does not match what the creative team whose names are prominently featured on the books intended, making them singular easy targets for the ire of the readership.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-04-2024 at 12:47 PM.

There are a number of storylines that wound up finding real estate on Marvel Unlimited, rather than the intended printed page -- to the chagrin of many a less-privileged reader unable to afford that level of access.
    Duggan was supposed to complete the Sunfire/Redroot plot but it wound up being written and wrapped up by the Steves. The same goes for the Firestar's journey through Orchis. These folks are doing the best they can with the tools and minimal space they're given to address as much as possible.

And now that I'm ranting (sorry) this reminds me just how impactful the nameless powers-that-be have over when/where/how these stories get rush jobs to expedite OTHER stories deemed more important -- like the tragic loss of X-Factor, its poorly executed conclusion (which the WRITER was completely in the dark about) to make way for Trial of Magneto.

That is to say, I think readers can inadvertently stack ownership, responsibility and agency onto the writers -- when the writers are largely at the whims of the aforementioned nameless powers-that-be, railroading their stories, jettisoning their ambitions, and sometimes fully rewriting their product (again, X-Factor) to serve an agenda that does not match what the creative team whose names are prominently featured on the books intended, making them singular easy targets for the ire of the readership.
    I know what you mean.

It's very easy to blame the writer and I myself have been guilty of that on more than one occasion!

I know what you mean.

It's very easy to blame the writer and I myself have been guilty of that on more than one occasion!
    We've all been there. It wasn't until the Leah Williams editorial fiasco that I fully understood how badly things could go for these folks.

Fantastic Member

X-Factor was easily the biggest WTF blunder of this era. Some series (Fallen Angels?) just didn't work but what happened to that series was just sad.

this feels like one of those silly valentine's cards.

I wonder if Angelica will finally be shown in fall of X #2 when the the Orchis station is attacked? I mean she's living on the station.

I wonder if Angelica will finally be shown in fall of X #2 when the the Orchis station is attacked? I mean she's living on the station.
    You would hope lol

According to a recent interview (Was it Duggan? Foxe? I forget) -- all of the vote-Winners are going to feature prominently in this era's conclusion, so Angelica ought to be getting serious panel time soon, alongside Juggs & Lorna.

Not for much longer. Tony's warned her to get out, and she's passed on false intel from him to Orchis. She's not going to be there when the attack happens.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not for much longer. Tony's warned her to get out, and she's passed on false intel from him to Orchis. She's not going to be there when the attack happens.
    Shame...Like I said above...she needs an epic exit from her undercover assignment.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Shame...Like I said above...she needs an epic exit from her undercover assignment.
    Her nuking the station would be the perfect goodbye.

I'm really interested in seeing Stasis' reaction when he realises Angelica has betrayed him.