Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

There were some differences for how she was portrayed during her MLF days -- i.e., the red costume vs. the yellow version.

But it seemed like there was a more subtle variation in how her costume itself was portrayed. That image above showed that it was a full body suit initially, but then somehow morphed into being bare legs / upper body.

Was it just artist creative license, or just bad ink / coloring from the '90s making it look like skin?

da5c42fe32de65a53492debf2c3080a1.jpg
    Humbly requesting an explanation. Made up ones will do.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

It's from an issue of Marvel Meow. Can't remember which one or how the cats got to Krakoa.

This is what I mean about the MLF costume.

Check out this picture, from X-Force.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 062712.jpg

Pretty clearly from the image on the left, Dani's costume shows skin. In fact, as she pulls her mask up, you can see that her face is the same color as the skin showing on her shoulders / upper body. So I think some artists portrayed it with fabric, and others made it skin.

Here's a link to a bigger version of those pages: https://www.deviantart.com/ancient-f...sks-1000372289

On another note... why do they depict her with blue eyes? Strange.

I think that's when digital colouring was just starting, so that may account for some of the problems.

As for her eyes, it looks like the artist or inker went heavy on the highlights and maybe that confused the colourist. Or maybe the colourist just didn't look up her details...

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

That's a great pic -- looks very realistic, almost oil paint quality.

Popping in to bother the fans and their knowledge.
    In Italy X-Men satellite titles came in a container(?) title, so I read X-Force for a little while since Mutant X was published in the same pages. We're talking around 1999 I think.
    Never followed the team since the publisher stopped Mutant X and I dropped the container(?)title. Back then, Dani's skin turned blue/black with starts (like Captain Marvel/Genis-Vell). I don't even recall what those powers were, I just remember how they were drawn/colored - and loved it, BTW.
    I surmise she has lost those powers decades ago. How and when?
    And do fans loved those powers, or where happy that she lost them?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Popping in to bother the fans and their knowledge.
    In Italy X-Men satellite titles came in a container(?) title, so I read X-Force for a little while since Mutant X was published in the same pages. We're talking around 1999 I think.
    Never followed the team since the publisher stopped Mutant X and I dropped the container(?)title. Back then, Dani's skin turned blue/black with starts (like Captain Marvel/Genis-Vell). I don't even recall what those powers were, I just remember how they were drawn/colored - and loved it, BTW.
    I surmise she has lost those powers decades ago. How and when?
    And do fans loved those powers, or where happy that she lost them?
    Dani temporarily had the ability to manipulate matter and energy at the quantum level, she used up those powers when she stopped the multiverse from collapsing in on itself. What happened was a villain called the Queen of Starswords, who happened to be the alternate reality version of the Arcadia DeVille (the reality-wrapping mutant/Deviant hybrid who triggered the activation of Dani's quantum powers), fused with Acardia and used her power to start merging multiple timelines, Dani was able to repair the damage with guidance from the Man-thing (he is the guardian of the Nexus of all realities).
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Dani moonstar has become the leader of the rest of mutantkind on earth!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani temporarily had the ability to manipulate matter and energy at the quantum level, she used up those powers when she stopped the multiverse from collapsing in on itself. What happened was a villain called the Queen of Starswords, who happened to be the alternate reality version of the Arcadia DeVille (the reality-wrapping mutant/Deviant hybrid who triggered the activation of Dani's quantum powers), fused with Acardia and used her power to start merging multiple timelines, Dani was able to repair the damage with guidance from the Man-thing (he is the guardian of the Nexus of all realities).
    Thank you!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I'm a little loopy on cold meds, so forgive me if I say something weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Dani moonstar has become the leader of the rest of mutantkind on earth!!!!!!!
    Yep, pretty much. Too bad we're not seeing it on a print comic. The art on X-men Unlimited keeps getting better, though.

Screenshot_20240201_101054_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

I was looking through the readers guides in MU, and Darcie Little Badger has a "must read" list that's basically the best of Dani. Also Al Ewing and Rod Reis both put the Demon Bear storyline on their lists. (Admittedly, Ewing put it on for the art, not the writing. )

I still haven't collected Dani on Marvel Contest of Champions, but I did catch these guys a day or two ago:

Screenshot_20240129_094951_Champions.jpg

Meant to edit that pic down to Warlock and Kurt. Oops. I've got seven characters on my must have list, but so far I've only got a 3 star Warlock and a 2 star Magik, but I'm getting 5 star heroes now, so they aren't much use, except in the Arena.

New Dani pic I haven't seen before...

286c6e372204a4911ec92562ac439fa1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm a little loopy on cold meds, so forgive me if I say something weird.

Yep, pretty much. Too bad we're not seeing it on a print comic. The art on X-men Unlimited keeps getting better, though.

Screenshot_20240201_101054_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

I was looking through the readers guides in MU, and Darcie Little Badger has a "must read" list that's basically the best of Dani. Also Al Ewing and Rod Reis both put the Demon Bear storyline on their lists. (Admittedly, Ewing put it on for the art, not the writing. )

I still haven't collected Dani on Marvel Contest of Champions, but I did catch these guys a day or two ago:

Screenshot_20240129_094951_Champions.jpg

Meant to edit that pic down to Warlock and Kurt. Oops. I've got seven characters on my must have list, but so far I've only got a 3 star Warlock and a 2 star Magik, but I'm getting 5 star heroes now, so they aren't much use, except in the Arena.
    Those Gotcha games! At least the decent ones don't make you stuff money in like a slot machine. Good luck on your hunt!
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    New Dani pic I haven't seen before...

286c6e372204a4911ec92562ac439fa1.jpg
    Pretty cool!
    ~*Earthbound.