Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    New Dani pic I haven't seen before...

Attachment 137637
    Very nice. I like the burning sentinel in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Those Gotcha games! At least the decent ones don't make you stuff money in like a slot machine. Good luck on your hunt!
    Thanks. I think I've spent 3 bucks altogether since I downloaded the game. The first $1.50 was just to show appreciation because I was enjoying the game. I did get a $0.99 bundle a few days ago that got me a 6* Sunspot, so I was pretty happy with that. He's taken down everything thrown at him so far.

And today at no cost...

20240215_195732.jpg

Only 3*, but I teamed her up with some other 3* champions to take on some low level quests. I've got three of my wishlist of seven at 3*, now. Plus a maxed out Magik at 2*. I'll probably use her in place of Kushala next time I play.

20240215_195821.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Thanks. I think I've spent 3 bucks altogether since I downloaded the game. The first $1.50 was just to show appreciation because I was enjoying the game. I did get a $0.99 bundle a few days ago that got me a 6* Sunspot, so I was pretty happy with that. He's taken down everything thrown at him so far.

And today at no cost...

20240215_195732.jpg

Only 3*, but I teamed her up with some other 3* champions to take on some low level quests. I've got three of my wishlist of seven at 3*, now. Plus a maxed out Magik at 2*. I'll probably use her in place of Kushala next time I play.

20240215_195821.jpg
    That's fantastic! Congrats!
    Only gotcha game I've played was one called Fate. I threw it a few bucks at it on occasion because I felt it gave a LOT of value for free. I actually ended up getting all but I think one card I wanted in that game before I fell behind.

Oh. Is this picture old? I'm guessing it's an alt cover from New Mutants vol 4?

wGFlwi9AWcAEOnh-.jpg
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Only gotcha game I've played was one called Fate. I threw it a few bucks at it on occasion because I felt it gave a LOT of value for free. I actually ended up getting all but I think one card I wanted in that game before I fell behind.

wGFlwi9AWcAEOnh-.jpg
    Thanks. And I get what you mean. If I really felt I needed to pay to get ahead in this game, I wouldn't be playing it.

I don't remember seeing that cover before, either.

Dani's going to be on a variant cover. No clue on what book it's for, but it's intriguing.

Question:

If Dani were on a new team (not New Mutants) who would you want for her teammates?
    Last edited by Arachne; 02-17-2024 at 01:38 PM.

And today at no cost...

20240215_195732.jpg

20240215_195821.jpg

No way -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So, has she become your main character?

How's the game play with Dani?

wGFlwi9AWcAEOnh-.jpg

The logo for sure is Volume 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    No way -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So, has she become your main character?

How's the game play with Dani?
    She's one of my main characters for low level quests. You have a five character team for quests. Unless I can completely max her out, she not good for higher levels. Even then, my 4-6 start characters (like my 6 star Sunspot) are better options. If I can get a higher star version, that will change.

I'm enjoying her game play, but I'm not a great judge of combat games. The animations are great. Actually, the victory animations for all the characters are pretty cool. They really captured the personalities.

In other news, for anyone who missed it, Dani's on a new variant cover by Lee Garbett.

GGfPgoZXgAA3dOZ.jpg

These characters have never been on a team together, so there's a little bit of hope that something's up for Dani.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Thanks. And I get what you mean. If I really felt I needed to pay to get ahead in this game, I wouldn't be playing it.

I don't remember seeing that cover before, either.

Dani's going to be on a variant cover. No clue on what book it's for, but it's intriguing.

Question:

If Dani were on a new team (not New Mutants) who would you want for her teammates?
    Would it be cheating to just pick all the characters on that cover?

I still don't feel I've read enough runs of comics to really know what would make up a good team. I could also cheat and just go with the team I made for the fantasy team draft thread thing I did a few months back.
    Off the top of my head, the main X-men team was Dani as leader. Jubilee and Monet. Maggot cause he wanted to be an X-man and not not just "clean up" in that one story. And two characters from Academy X but I forgot which two. So you have one New Mutant. Two Gen X, two Academy X plus Maggot.

Well. I actually have to leave for work in a few so I can't check for accuracy right now.
    ~*Earthbound.

All-New Member

https://x.com/GailSimone/status/1762...167306338?s=20

In addition to Gail showing some praise for Monet today, she also said she loves Dani Moonstar! Let’s all hope Dani gets some great work coming up in the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maitogai View Post
    https://x.com/GailSimone/status/1762...167306338?s=20

In addition to Gail showing some praise for Monet today, she also said she loves Dani Moonstar! Let’s all hope Dani gets some great work coming up in the relaunch.
    Very interesting! I wonder if something's up?

And welcome to the forum, Maitogai!

I've been reading up on neuroscience (I'm writing a SF story), and it backed up a theory I've had about psi powers in general and Dani's in particular. Don't have much time, right now, but I'll explain soon.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

All-New Member

Thank you Arachne! I'm happy to find a community that appreciates Dani.

Hopefully Simone will have something great for her coming up in her rumored relaunch run.

I've been reading up on neuroscience (I'm writing a SF story), and it backed up a theory I've had about psi powers in general and Dani's in particular. Don't have much time, right now, but I'll explain soon.
    Sounds intriguing, I'm curious.

Thank you Arachne! I'm happy to find a community that appreciates Dani.
    The community is happy when it finds more people that appreciate Danny. Welcome to the forum!

If you don't mind sharing, how did your first come across Dani?
    ~*Earthbound.

All-New Member

Thank you wlfking!

If you don't mind sharing, how did your first come across Dani?
    Sure! So towards the beginning of 2022 is when I started reading Claremont’s run and I of course included New Mutants v1 during my read thru. Right away Dani was my favorite character. I loved how outspoken and self-sufficient she was, seeing her stick up for herself to many different people across the run was great. She was such a fantastic leader of the NM under Claremont’s pen, and I could see she had so much potential in growing to one day be a leader of the X-Men or at least be another significant figure in the world of Mutants. I say this because you can tell she absolutely had the drive and determination for it. I wasn’t as happy with her portrayal under Simonson’s pen, but I did love how she was written in Zeb Wells’ NM run.

I’ve yet to read her stuff in Moore’s X-Force and her stint as a teacher/mentor in New X-Men because there’s of course so many X-Men comics to read but I definitely plan to read them at some point. But suffice to say, I feel she hasn’t been as well represented as she was in the original 80s NM run and I hope one day soon she will get a push that elevates her to the level of prominence that I believe she deserves.

Titan cover By Jean Frisano

Thank you wlfking!

Sure! So towards the beginning of 2022 is when I started reading Claremont’s run and I of course included New Mutants v1 during my read thru. Right away Dani was my favorite character. I loved how outspoken and self-sufficient she was, seeing her stick up for herself to many different people across the run was great. She was such a fantastic leader of the NM under Claremont’s pen, and I could see she had so much potential in growing to one day be a leader of the X-Men or at least be another significant figure in the world of Mutants. I say this because you can tell she absolutely had the drive and determination for it. I wasn’t as happy with her portrayal under Simonson’s pen, but I did love how she was written in Zeb Wells’ NM run.

I’ve yet to read her stuff in Moore’s X-Force and her stint as a teacher/mentor in New X-Men because there’s of course so many X-Men comics to read but I definitely plan to read them at some point. But suffice to say, I feel she hasn’t been as well represented as she was in the original 80s NM run and I hope one day soon she will get a push that elevates her to the level of prominence that I believe she deserves.
    I wasn't happy with Simonson's portrayal, either. Especially writing Dani out of the series. I liked Zeb Wells' take on her (although I hated his take on Cannonball), but I actually preferred Abnett and Lanning's version in the second half of the series. The art was kind of weak, though.

Will follow up on my psi powers theory in the next post, but first -- we know where Dani's next comic appearance is!

Marvel's putting out an Heir to Apocalypse series starting in May, and Dani's a contender.

xmheirofapoc2024001_cover.jpg

Quite frankly, I don't know why Dani's involved, but it's written by Steve Foxe, so I have some faith that she'll be written well.
    - Helen Keller

Okay, so for a long while now, I've theorized that the difference between psi powers comes from where different psionic characters access other people's brains. I'm not saying they can't access other parts of the brain, just how they get in and how their powers first manifest. I've been reading The Future of the Mind by theoretical physicist Michio Kaku, and part of the book kind of backs me up. (Not that I believe any of these powers are possible. )

One chapter is dedicated to the evolution of the brain from reptiles to mammals to humans, and is pretty interesting how it matches different power sets.

The "reptile" brain, containing the brainstem and cerebellum, controls instinct, instinctive functions (like breathing) and movement. That could be how Karma gets in.

The much more recent "human" part of the brain, the neocortex, is the area controlling cognitive function ("I think, therefore, I am" and 1+1=2). That's the part telepaths usually seem to contact first.

In between, we've got the "mammalian" brain, aka the limbic system. This part covers sensory imput, emotions and memories as well as desires -- hunger, pleasure, etc. That pretty much sums up what Dani draws on to create her illusions.

Of course, this doesn't cover her "solid" illusions (or the telekinesis that some psionics have), that would seem to bee more along the lines of manipulating quantum mechanics, which is interesting given her power switch back in the '90s.
    - Helen Keller