Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Puma is the head of a multi-million dollar corporation and a superpowered mercenary, he uses the profits from both to take care of his tribe.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Dani wins this reader poll [no surprise, IMO] of the best Native American character in comics:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...ative-results/

I think we've actually had topics about this in the appreciation threads from previous years -- I've maintained that she is the top example / most recognizable indigenous character. This [admittedly unscientific] poll seems to back that up.

shooting8.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Puma is the head of a multi-million dollar corporation and a superpowered mercenary, he uses the profits from both to take care of his tribe.
    Guy oughta have his own movie by now. Damnation Sony!

Haven't seen this one before. Dani, making firing triple psi-arrows at the same time look easy:

822ef1990d4b56b5922073e0d0335562.jpg

Nice. I haven't seen that one before, either. I figured that's how she saved the hostages in X-men Unlimited two weeks back, but they didn't actually show it.

Screenshot_20240119_112741_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Nice. I haven't seen that one before, either. I figured that's how she saved the hostages in X-men Unlimited two weeks back, but they didn't actually show it.

Screenshot_20240119_112741_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Question: is X-Men Unlimited only available through Marvel Unlimited? Or will it be published digitally on other platforms?

I don't think Infinity comics are ever published digitally anywhere else. Sometimes, if a story is popular enough, they print it. According to Steve Foxe, this storyline will be the equivalent of almost 7 issues, so I doubt it will see print anytime soon. Although that's long enough for a graphic novel, so I could be wrong.

This week's X-men Unlimited was soooo good. The Steves really get Dani's personality. Wishful thinking put I hope this non-team survives the editorial change.

Cool! I like that second sketch with the shoulder pads. Looks a little more practical than the original red outfit.
    I could barely remember the red MLF costume, so just looked it up.... It's certainly more revealing than I remember!

LOL Yeah, but that's Dani for you. She's never been what you might call body conscious.

Edit: She's usually more practical in combat situations, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I could barely remember the red MLF costume, so just looked it up.... It's certainly more revealing than I remember!
    I still say it fell into misinterpretation of being a revealing outfit. In its first appearance the non pure red areas are not any skin tone I've ever seen on the page. I wonder who designed it? Greg Capullo had been the artist on the title up to that point and did the cover showing the costume silhouette. Matt Broome did one-off interiors so I would suspect the costume was longer in the making for the debut, so that would point the finger of creation to Capullo.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I still say it fell into misinterpretation of being a revealing outfit. In its first appearance the non pure red areas are not any skin tone I've ever seen on the page. I wonder who designed it? Greg Capullo had been the artist on the title up to that point and did the cover showing the costume silhouette. Matt Broome did one-off interiors so I would suspect the costume was longer in the making for the debut, so that would point the finger of creation to Capullo.
    Was Tony Daniels drawing X-Force around this time too? I think he's the guy that moved to DC and became quite the big star over there.

Yeah, he took over the next issue.

Interestingly, in that issue, the legs of the costume were filled in.

Screenshot_20240123_091906_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Was Tony Daniels drawing X-Force around this time too? I think he's the guy that moved to DC and became quite the big star over there.
    Yeah, he took over the next issue.

Interestingly, in that issue, the legs of the costume were filled in.

Screenshot_20240123_091906_Marvel Unlimited.jpg
    During Tony Daniel the Moonstar MLF suit went to undeniably scantily clad and then to it's eventual full coverage and color shifted version...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Should have just filled in the one she already had with black or grey, imo.