Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I would have gone with "Teenaged War Chief" instead of "Shaman" but...

@Thirteen -- what publication was that from?

Haven't seem this image before:

ce864317ea90d1356ac60c70b0a938ab (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    @Thirteen -- what publication was that from?
    Apologies, I've found these profile pages for a few characters when I search but there's no indication of what the source publication is.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Looks like the New Mutants are likely coming to X-Men '97, the animated series:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-new-mutants-explained/

This is really cool, I hope it comes true. I'd love for the New Mutants to fill up the school as supporting characters ala X-Men Evolution, plus it fits with the timeline of Magneto leading them.

So Sunspot and Magik are being introduced. TAS introduced Cannonball (S5), Karma (S4), Wolfsbane (S3), and Warlock (S5). All we're missing is Moonstar and maybe Cypher, then the roster is pretty much complete. (sorry Magma...)

Huh, I wonder if Jubilee basically joins them or if Generation X will also be introduced later down the line.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    This is really cool, I hope it comes true. I'd love for the New Mutants to fill up the school as supporting characters ala X-Men Evolution, plus it fits with the timeline of Magneto leading them.

So Sunspot and Magik are being introduced. TAS introduced Cannonball (S5), Karma (S4), Wolfsbane (S3), and Warlock (S5). All we're missing is Moonstar and maybe Cypher, then the roster is pretty much complete. (sorry Magma...)

Huh, I wonder if Jubilee basically joins them or if Generation X will also be introduced later down the line.
    A storyline involving a trip to Nova Roma would be a good way to introduce Magma and Selene.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    A storyline involving a trip to Nova Roma would be a good way to introduce Magma and Selene.
    I do love Selene, but not a big fan of Nova Roma as a concept. Though TAS has explored weirder I suppose. (Savage Land, Mojo, etc...)

Ultimate Member

Kinda weird that they wouldn't go the Generation X route...

I do hope we get Wolfsbane, even if she was randomly introduced in X-Factor (and then did absolutely nothing).

Astonishing Member

Wouldn't Jubilee simply get Kitty Pryde's role as the "senior junior X-men" to the New Mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda weird that they wouldn't go the Generation X route...

I do hope we get Wolfsbane, even if she was randomly introduced in X-Factor (and then did absolutely nothing).
    While X-men TAS used visuals introduced in the early 90's and is heavily associated with that decade, it's otherwise much more reflective of the 70's and 80's comics, characters and stories.

As such it's basicly 10 years lacking behind various parts, including the absence of a first generation junior team, which would mean that if they go that route, the New Mutants either have to be entirely ignored in favor of Generation X or they would have to take the place which said second gen junior team held in the comics at the time.

I've dared to hope! Sam is already in the show. I think they can just have this show's version of X-Factor hand Rahne over.

I'd be happy with the New Mutants playing supporting roles in the show. The main cast is already huge.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Huh. I caught the rest but i did not notice Karma last time I re-watched the show.

The Jubilee thing is a little nuts. I think in X-Men: Evolution she actually did end up with several of the New Mutants + Bobby Drake.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Mindful of the adaptation of the Demon Bear in the NEW MUTANTS movie, I wonder if making the Bear a more contemporary part of Moonstar's iconography is warranted. The bear as a form of avatar for her power instead of a nemesis figure. Its been toyed with in Hellfire gala fan art and beyond...a Spirit Animal to the Nth degree...

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-24-2024 at 06:55 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Last edited by rf2044; 03-29-2024 at 10:16 AM.

Wait -- I'm confused -- didn't X-Men TAS have Dani in it?

Not that it in any way emulated the comics, but she was in it, right? Wasn't there an entire episode about her and Kitty?

Wait -- I'm confused -- didn't X-Men TAS have Dani in it?

Not that it in any way emulated the comics, but she was in it, right? Wasn't there an entire episode about her and Kitty?
    That was in X-men Evolution.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.