Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You'll want to check out X-men Unlimited #121, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    The art didn’t do her any favors, but I like how she is seemingly handling spoilers:
    new mutant activations and seems part of something bigger
    end of spoilers
    Curious about where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The art didn’t do her any favors, but I like how she is seemingly handling spoilers:
    new mutant activations and seems part of something bigger
    end of spoilers
    Curious about where it goes.
    I thought some of the art was pretty good, at least on my phone, but yeah, Dani could have looked better.

spoilers:
    I'm hoping this has something to do with Sunspot's new plan.
    end of spoilers

The story's good so far. Glad we only need to wait a week for the next part.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

My god -- how were you able to write so much? I'm on chapter 12, and I can't believe how many words are on "paper." Did you do that yourself or collaboratively?

Also, a quick question for you -- is Arsenal a character of your own invention?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    My god -- how were you able to write so much? I'm on chapter 12, and I can't believe how many words are on "paper." Did you do that yourself or collaboratively?

Also, a quick question for you -- is Arsenal a character of your own invention?
    Love of characters, many ideas and a collaborative shared canon site are all very motivating

Arsenal is basically Mimic from Exiles without me grabbing the actual character. I wasn't a big fan of OCs at the time.

Feel free to leave a review :P

Came across this cool computer generated image of Dani.

Interesting take on the costume, not sure what's up with that eye "mask" or whatever the heck it is:

https://www.craiyon.com/image/G2W2e9nSQjuWElPV3DQzfA

What's up is that it's ai, and ai makes pretty lousy images when you look close.

spoilers:
    It's not a lot but what we got is great.
    end of spoilers

On a unrelated note, if there are any Hela fans amongst this Dani celebratory bunch, she has a pretty cool What If episode that came out last month. # 7. What If... Hela Found the Ten Rings? It's kinda crazy watching this show and feeling like despite Disney owning Fox and the show being about "infinite possibilities" that X-Men characters still aren't going to show up. But that would probably undermine their big introduction to the MCU, I guess?
    Last edited by wlfking; 01-10-2024 at 03:50 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Dani's obvious lowlight for me this year was the unfortunate RoX miniseries that I had been looking forward to.
    It could have been me. I did a redesign a long time ago (before the 2014 forum reboot), but I'm not sure if I ever posted it here. It's not in my attachments.

I agree Realm of X was a major disappointment. I have the feeling a lot of it got changed at the last minute.

So, as coincidence would have it, I had some free time this weekend, so I went back and re-read Realm of X. It wasn't as bad as I thought the first time around.

It was actually kind of a sweet story, with a semi-happy ending [especially for Curse, who arguably doesn't really "deserve" one]. The one thing I WILL critique is that it seemed kind of pointless -- as in, the main point seemed to be just getting this group outta there when Orchis struck.

No spoilers, won't say anything else about it, but it was better than I initially thought upon first read.

face78.jpg

My only question is, where did the group end up after the RoX ending? Did they materialize in X-Men Unlimited #121?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Glad to hear that!

You don't need a login at the site to leave reviews, btw

Working my way through -- have a lot more to cover, but I'm just amazed at the volume.

I also think that you kind of nailed Dani's personality -- which I don't think was fully fleshed out circa 2004 when you wrote this [which would have been right around the time of NM volume 2].

Dani makes this list of top 10 indigenous characters the author wants to see in the MCU.

Too low on the list, IMO -- especially given some of the candidates ahead of he

https://screenrant.com/indigenous-ma...rfect-for-mcu/

a13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    On a unrelated note, if there are any Hela fans amongst this Dani celebratory bunch, she has a pretty cool What If episode that came out last month. # 7. What If... Hela Found the Ten Rings? It's kinda crazy watching this show and feeling like despite Disney owning Fox and the show being about "infinite possibilities" that X-Men characters still aren't going to show up. But that would probably undermine their big introduction to the MCU, I guess?

I really enjoyed that episode. First of all, Cate Blanchett is outstanding. Second, we didn't get much character development for Hela in Thor Ragnarok -- she was basically just a boss villain who was generally difficult to feel sympathetic toward.

But in those pair of What If episodes she appeared in, she became more interesting.

Re: X-Men, I read that since the What If? series is MCU-centric [versus comics], they have explicitly avoided anything from the X-Men, because they still aren't certain how they'll be incorporated, what direction it will go, how they'll be utilized given multiverse implications, etc. Hence, why they are absent.

So, as coincidence would have it, I had some free time this weekend, so I went back and re-read Realm of X. It wasn't as bad as I thought the first time around.

It was actually kind of a sweet story, with a semi-happy ending [especially for Curse, who arguably doesn't really "deserve" one]. The one thing I WILL critique is that it seemed kind of pointless -- as in, the main point seemed to be just getting this group outta there when Orchis struck.

No spoilers, won't say anything else about it, but it was better than I initially thought upon first read.

face78.jpg

My only question is, where did the group end up after the RoX ending? Did they materialize in X-Men Unlimited #121?
    I thought it was funny that I found myself saying spoilers:
    "Nothing really happened" and "Illyana saved an entire realm" in almost the same sentence and had to laugh.
    end of spoilers
    ~*Earthbound.

Dani makes this list of top 10 indigenous characters the author wants to see in the MCU.

Too low on the list, IMO -- especially given some of the candidates ahead of he

https://screenrant.com/indigenous-ma...rfect-for-mcu/

a13.jpg
    Cant say too much as i only know about two of those characters besides Dani. This Puma fellow is only sometimes a hero? That seems a little messed up. I know a lot of anti-heroes get popular but usually they are well known first. Then again. Just cause I know him doesn't mean he's not well known.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Cant say too much as i only know about two of those characters besides Dani. This Puma fellow is only sometimes a hero? That seems a little messed up. I know a lot of anti-heroes get popular but usually they are well known first. Then again. Just cause I know him doesn't mean he's not well known.
    I think Puma is [or at least, was] a mercenary. First appearance, Kingpin hired him to kill Spider Man -- but during the battle, Puma realized that Spidey wasn't "bad" and was a worthy opponent, so he didn't carry out the assignment.

So I think he's morally in that gray area, but not a "bad guy," per se.