3. Death Gambit is coming

Just thinking when will I'm watching this scene:
    - Gambit trying to kill everybody like a death horseman
    - Rogue: "Remy, I choose you"
    - Gambit kill other horseman and save the world
    - Gambit Kiss Rogue
    marriage is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Ep 6 is probably my least favorite episode so far. Motando was at least creative with games.

Is it what we get without DeMayo?

spoilers:
    Also I don`t think that ep 6 hints about Deathbit but Sinister always come for Remy to rescue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's Deathbit either, I'm leaning more towards what Sinister did to Morph after he died. That way we add in the Sinister/Gambit connection. Either that or time-travel, I'm not writing that off yet.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Nightcrawler joining the team makes me happy.

Sinister being behind Genosha is a wild twist, though I feel it's a last second red herring. All signs point to Bastion as the final villain so I'm very curious how all of this will connect.

The Gambit scene still doesn't convince me that Deathbit will happen. I think Sinister will be done next week to make way for Bastion. Maybe Rogue makes a deal with Sinister to save him, but I feel that would have to happen next week. If we see Deathbit, I think it will be very brief and just another obstacle for Rogue to overcome. If Gambit starts attacking people, including Rogue, that would erase his whole character arc this season in the worst way. Rogue would have to stop him before he gets a chance to do anything. If it's a Morph situation, I can see Rogue and Jean (Xavier?) fighting Deathbit in the astral plane to save him.

Time Travel is still at the top of my list of resolutions. I still place Deathbit and permanent death towards the bottom. Next week can't come soon enough.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-17-2024 at 08:28 AM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

spoilers:
    Well Gambit was forbodding af in today’s episode
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If that's a spoiler of how he will look and the kind of powers he will have as Death, I am into it. I like the clear voodoo inspiration.

Also, I think that Death Gambit may be my "hear me out" guy. Which Deathbit was not. Haha. He's literally a skeleton, but he's an oddly hot skeleton. X-Men '97 has broken my damn brain.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DearMachine; 04-17-2024 at 09:02 AM.

spoilers:
    Actually my first impression of the Giant Gambit vision was New Sun for a second until he shifted into a skull. Looked really ominous, but I doubt they'll go there. After that I just thought it was a vison of his death when he turned into the Wild Sentinel and emitted the green laser blast from his mouth.

The thing that concerns me about Deathbit is that we'd need Apocalypse for that, I know there're clues with the opening title sequence with Cable fighting him and the part where he runs to Maddie at the gala and says "he's coming!". I would assume they'd save Apocalypse for season 2 or even 3. I just think the overall theme this season is the rising tension between mutant and human relations and then the impact of the Genosha attack. It's a lot, then again they just threw in a Shi'ar storyline this week, so you never know I guess.

I'd rather it be something like Mr Sinister reviving Gambit like he did with Morph and use him as a weapon. That way we've got an emotional set up for Rogue who'd be the key to undo it...and his heroics from Genosha stands. Though I do think that there'll be time-travel tweaking from Cable. There's certain things that didn't seem right, Rogue's first date red dress and dancing with the wrong man, Gambit telling Rogue in ep 1 "Any worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand in a dance" sounds like foreshadowing. I know this sounds intricate, but does something get tweaked at the gala that has Rogue approach Gambit for a dance instead of Magneto thus creating a memory where he now knows that Rogue chose him which can help him snap out of the mind control under Sinister?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-17-2024 at 09:45 AM.

spoilers:
    This series could go so many ways, it's enough to give you whiplash.

I agree that Cable is the most obvious choice. If he does time travel and reset the timeline correctly, it would be Gambit's best shot at coming back before the end of the season. If Cable fails, the "he's coming" could be a reference to Apocalypse showing his big ol' head as the series finale cliffhanger with or without his Horsemen. If Sinister is behind reanimating deceased X-Men (notably Gambit and Maddie, I don't think Mags is dead) for his own personal militia, that could happen this season or hinted at for next season. If Sinister or Apocalypse are the answer, then bodies will literally disappear from their graves, so someone would notice before the end of the season I would hope (sorry, it's a disturbing thought).
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    Actually my first impression of the Giant Gambit vision was New Sun for a second until he shifted into a skull. Looked really ominous, but I doubt they'll go there. After that I just thought it was a vison of his death when he turned into the Wild Sentinel and emitted the green laser blast from his mouth.

The thing that concerns me about Deathbit is that we'd need Apocalypse for that, I know there're clues with the opening title sequence with Cable fighting him and the part where he runs to Maddie at the gala and says "he's coming!". I would assume they'd save Apocalypse for season 2 or even 3. I just think the overall theme this season is the rising tension between mutant and human relations and then the impact of the Genosha attack. It's a lot, then again they just threw in a Shi'ar storyline this week, so you never know I guess.

I'd rather it be something like Mr Sinister reviving Gambit like he did with Morph and use him as a weapon. That way we've got an emotional set up for Rogue who'd be the key to undo it...and his heroics from Genosha stands. Though I do think that there'll be time-travel tweaking from Cable. There's certain things that didn't seem right, Rogue's first date red dress and dancing with the wrong man, Gambit telling Rogue in ep 1 "Any worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand in a dance" sounds like foreshadowing. I know this sounds intricate, but does something get tweaked at the gala that has Rogue approach Gambit for a dance instead of Magneto thus creating a memory where he now knows that Rogue chose him which can help him snap out of the mind control under Sinister?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is where my head's at, especially regarding the dance. Please let all that beautiful fanart come true, and also that his heroism stay intact!
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

spoilers:
    Remember Mystique factors in Rogue's story as well, as Val Cooper she let her guard down when Rogue was offered the role as queen (I'm certain she's impersonating Cooper btw). Maybe Destiny is there too moving the pieces.

Werneck's art of Rogue and Gambit dancing is interesting though, but I'm not sure if he's privy to anything.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

So back to the comics side...

In Fall of the House of X spoilers:
    Rogue and Gambit continue to be utterly useless. When you consider how out-of-character most of the X-Men have been behaving, I think we should chalk this up as a win.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    So back to the comics side...

In Fall of the House of X spoilers:
    Rogue and Gambit continue to be utterly useless. When you consider how out-of-character most of the X-Men have been behaving, I think we should chalk this up as a win.
    end of spoilers
    They are just there because the mini had to be referenced, at least that’s the feeling I get. Whatever plan Duggan originally had was probably not a Romy-friendly one. Maybe after this is over and we get interviews we will realize what a disaster we managed to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:
    Well Gambit was forbodding af in today’s episode
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So now, after some thought, I think the vision of the giant Gambit was just him represented as a Sentinel.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    The Gambit scene is to get Xavier back to Earth. I do feel like they want you believe Deathbit is a possibility, but I think all of it is a last minute bait before the story switches to Bastion, Cable, and time travel. I just don't see the story heading to BoA. The writers would probably want to do The Twelve first and that story needs Fatal Attractions/Onslaught which looks like a real thing for Season 2 now since Xavier is on his way back.

On the subject of Sinister, I do wonder if Rogue will try to make a deal with him. She knows he created Maddie and in her desperation, Rogue might want Sinister to clone Gambit. X-Men will stop that from happening and hopefully, Rogue will get some hope in the form of Cable by the end of Episode 7.

I noticed that Sinister and Master Mold share the same color energy. Is that a villain thing or a hint at something else?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    They are just there because the mini had to be referenced, at least that’s the feeling I get. Whatever plan Duggan originally had was probably not a Romy-friendly one. Maybe after this is over and we get interviews we will realize what a disaster we managed to avoid.
    I am genuinely glad that Rogue and Gambit have been so sidelined for this part of it. The depiction of Nightcrawler as a gleeful murderer who teleports people into space has made my heart sad.