Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

I still look forward to this show. It’s great television, even if my favorite is gone. Admittedly I didn’t enjoy this episode as much, until the dance of the nine swords scene. I just don’t find Cable and the Summers drama compelling, more like the show saying: look - look how COOL they are! Look at this fast car! Vroom vroom boom boom! Isn’t it cool? Isn’t Cyclops the COOLEST!?

It’s giving “try-hard.”

It's a great show, but it's like Game of Thrones where it's great...but depressing. Gambit's death is now reminding me of Jon Snow's "death" at the end of season 5, "is he coming back?" "will he be resurrected?" ...it didn't help that in the books he was still "dead" because the writer hasn't continued the story since. I'm currently seeing it that way with Gambit, with all these theories.

Ep 8 was really good, but there's a feeling of emptiness, a little bit like watching Bryan Singer's X-Men films, they're good, but when you're fave isn't there, it's just not the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    It's a great show, but it's like Game of Thrones where it's great...but depressing. Gambit's death is now reminding me of Jon Snow's "death" at the end of season 5, "is he coming back?" "will he be resurrected?" ...it didn't help that in the books he was still "dead" because the writer hasn't continued the story since. I'm currently seeing it that way with Gambit, with all these theories.

Ep 8 was really good, but there's a feeling of emptiness, a little bit like watching Bryan Singer's X-Men films, they're good, but when you're fave isn't there, it's just not the same...
    The X-men are a lot of stuff to many people. It’s when you try to reduce it down, in any medium, that’s when you are doing yourself a disservice. For instance if the show had been focused primary on Romy and they had appeared in every episode I would be glad but also feel apologetic to the other fans and viewers. In my mind Romy is an important part of the show, so to either remove it or make it into your primary focus is the wrong move. It exists among other things to make the show more rounded, more interesting and more enjoyable. It’s an ensemble show.

Mighty Member

Actually reminds me more of walking dead how the show started following a single character each episode and you'd have to wait a bunch of episodes before you'd get development from your favorite character. It's one if the reasons I stopped watching that show. Fun fact act about Game of thrones George RR Martin already knew the ending of Game of Thrones and he had meetings with the showrunners telling them the basic plans for the books. After the reception he started rewriting the ending

Good point about Singer's xmen. When I tell peoplei don't really like X2 people seem confused.

As for this show is think my issue is I can see the wheels turning of Kevin Feige and you can see there's a lot of studio mandated things in the show trying to set up the mcu live action versions. And I'm more angry I cansee they are ignoring characters and amplifying others because the studio wants to introduce the characters for live action, case in point Sinister who I don't feel is main MCU villain tier but they are gonna push him hard for that spot. Hope it's not another Kang situation

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The X-men are a lot of stuff to many people. It’s when you try to reduce it down, in any medium, that’s when you are doing yourself a disservice. For instance if the show had been focused primary on Romy and they had appeared in every episode I would be glad but also feel apologetic to the other fans and viewers. In my mind Romy is an important part of the show, so to either remove it or make it into your primary focus is the wrong move. It exists among other things to make the show more rounded, more interesting and more enjoyable. It’s an ensemble show.
    I think that for many people Romy was an important part of the show. Even I would dare to say that there were no fans more excited about the return of the TV series than the Romy fans because many people became fan of the couple through the original series even before reading a comic book. Having ignored and retconned the continuity of the original series in order to introduce Rogneto and make Gambit a completely expendable character is like a slap in the face to an entire part of the X-Men fandom of the original show.

All-New Member

I think the heart of this season in X-MEN is Remy, Rogue and NIghtCrawler.
    When you drop of part of this, The episode stay without no heart.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    Ugh. I'm afraid of what will happen with Rogue when she finds out Magneto is alive. If there's a split in the team, some with Magneto, others with Xavier, I'm afraid she'll side with Mags. I live in fear that Remy's death will be the excuse they need to go back to Rogneto (but I am currently reading AOA on the Unlimited App because, clearly, I hate myself, and want to fuel my anxieties). Maybe not, but I'm dreading it. I still can't believe we had more Rogneto than Romy in this series when XTAS made Romy fans out of so many viewers (myself included).

I'm more or less convinced Gambit will come back as Deathbit. Besides all of the allusions to death associated with him and some other hints that we've already discussed, it would give the writers a lot of melodrama to work with. Remember, DeMayo said that Gambit dying, thinking that Rogue chose Mags, is important. What better way to torture a grieving/guilt-ridden character than to have her dead boyfriend revived and unload his emotional baggage on her? Also: where Cable goes, doesn't Apocalypse soon follow?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    DeMayo is adapting "Fatal Attractions" so I think there is still at least one Rogneto scene left, probably with her trying to reason with him or kiss him to try to absorb his powers like in the comic book.
    If there's a split in the team, because of how the series has gone, the character that would best fit to replace Colossus to stay with Magneto is Rogue, but if Gambit really returns as Death at the end of the first season, it wouldn't have much drama that Rogue was with Magneto. On the other hand, since DeMayo is a Magneto fan, it seems that after Storm returns and gives her speech, the fight between Xavier and Magneto will probably set up Onslaught next season. But if Onslaught's birth is hinted at the end, I also don't see how it fits that they then hint at Gambit returning as Death because Apocalypse and Onslaught at the same time are unlikely to happen.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Actually reminds me more of walking dead how the show started following a single character each episode and you'd have to wait a bunch of episodes before you'd get development from your favorite character. It's one if the reasons I stopped watching that show. Fun fact act about Game of thrones George RR Martin already knew the ending of Game of Thrones and he had meetings with the showrunners telling them the basic plans for the books. After the reception he started rewriting the ending

Good point about Singer's xmen. When I tell peoplei don't really like X2 people seem confused.

As for this show is think my issue is I can see the wheels turning of Kevin Feige and you can see there's a lot of studio mandated things in the show trying to set up the mcu live action versions. And I'm more angry I cansee they are ignoring characters and amplifying others because the studio wants to introduce the characters for live action, case in point Sinister who I don't feel is main MCU villain tier but they are gonna push him hard for that spot. Hope it's not another Kang situation
    X2 was a solid Wolverine film. The Rogue/Bobby stuff annoyed the crap out of me, Bobby had no charisma whatsoever. Then again, neither did Rogue...

I disagree about Sinister, I think he'll be great. Gambit's popularity boomed since ep 5, and believe it or not Rogneto helped enhance his popularity because he was clearly written as the protagonist/underdog in that love triangle. Tatum is in the Deadpool/Wolverine film, so there are some positives...(and he's in Uncanny as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    spoilers:
    DeMayo is adapting "Fatal Attractions" so I think there is still at least one Rogneto scene left, probably with her trying to reason with him or kiss him to try to absorb his powers like in the comic book.
    If there's a split in the team, because of how the series has gone, the character that would best fit to replace Colossus to stay with Magneto is Rogue, but if Gambit really returns as Death at the end of the first season, it wouldn't have much drama that Rogue was with Magneto. On the other hand, since DeMayo is a Magneto fan, it seems that after Storm returns and gives her speech, the fight between Xavier and Magneto will probably set up Onslaught next season. But if Onslaught's birth is hinted at the end, I also don't see how it fits that they then hint at Gambit returning as Death because Apocalypse and Onslaught at the same time are unlikely to happen.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah Fatal Attractions, in the books Gambit had a solid role in that. I was thinking about the possibility of Rogue leaving the X-Men to join Magneto in Asteroid M (like Colossus did), but then wouldn't that undo everything she did and said in ep 5? Since then, Lenore's been all #ForRemy and #JusiceForRemy and "Deeper than Skin" in her tweets about Rogue avenging Gambit's death (and apparently she's not done yet), so I don't know...
    end of spoilers

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

X2 was a solid Wolverine film. The Rogue/Bobby stuff annoyed the crap out of me, Bobby had no charisma whatsoever. Then again, neither did Rogue...

I disagree about Sinister, I think he'll be great. Gambit's popularity boomed since ep 5, and believe it or not Rogneto helped enhance his popularity because he was clearly written as the protagonist/underdog in that love triangle. Tatum is in the Deadpool/Wolverine film, so there are some positives...(and he's in Uncanny as well).

spoilers:
    Yeah Fatal Attractions, in the books Gambit had a solid role in that. I was thinking about the possibility of Rogue leaving the X-Men to join Magneto in Asteroid M (like Colossus did), but then wouldn't that undo everything she did and said in ep 5? Since then, Lenore's been all #ForRemy and #JusiceForRemy and "Deeper than Skin" in her tweets about Rogue avenging Gambit's death (and apparently she's not done yet), so I don't know...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have a hard time believing Rogue is going to shrug her shoulders and be like ‘well, Ah guess Ah’m taking care of Magneto now” post him ripping Wolverine’s metal out & Xavier shutting the whole thing down. Bastion still is on the board, and Rogue literally killed Trask the day or so before trying to get to him. Rogue is in her karma era looking for blood justice. If anything, I’m expecting her to be real fucking pissed when she wakes up with the info she stole from what’s his name if the team is like “put a pin in that Rogue, we gotta deal with Magneto.” I believe the director of episode 9 said Rogue would still be having some significant mood swings. Besides, there are so many X-Men at this point, no reason for everyone to go to the North Pole. Let Storm deal with him.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    spoilers:
    The professor coming back, Summer’s family in a Porsche, Roberto’s family… The episode are playing them up as the things we want to see. I’m just indifferent to them. They had Trish turn sentinel, as predictable as that was. They kept Rogue in a coma. Knocked out Beast.

The only things I really enjoyed in a character level was Kurt and Logan fighting and Sinister. Bastion was lukewarm, It felt a bit contrived and I still feel he is sort of without a personality. So his speech, which I assume was intended, just felt flat. He never had a choice, his prime sentinels have none. It’s not about taking charge, it’s about subjection.

I like several things about the episode it’s the pieces that bring me out of it. I preferred Cable being closer to Madelyne, I have no real desire in seeing him and Jean bond. It’s more interesting if they don’t bond, if they remain strangers. Scott and Cable is a different story.

No progress with neither Rogue or Remy. If Remy has an appearance it’s becoming more and more probable it is as a last minute hook for the second season and as such it will be as Apocalypses horseman. Which I loathe.

This show so far has been better than expected but a failure on a personal enjoyment level.
    end of spoilers
    This is exactly how I feel. I should be excited for everything happening, but it just rings hollow for me.
    Make Good Art

All-New Member

I Agree, the Gambit's popularity has become very high after episode #5.
    In the last week, I stayed in my vacations trip in Miami and Orlando and was very hard to found a Gambit's and Rogue's action figure, as opposed to I found Magneto (a lot), Jean Grey & NightCrawler.
    At least in Brazil, the people loved episode Remenber IT, and increase a lot of popularity of Gambit for here
    Last edited by zefjv2; Today at 11:58 AM. Reason: add Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    In the last week, I stayed in my vacations trip in Miami and Orlando and was very hard to found a Gambit's and Rogue's action figure, as opposed to I found Magneto (a lot), Jean Grey & NightCrawler.
    At least in Brazil, the people loved episode Remenber IT, and increase a lot of popularity of Gambit for here
    Ah that makes me happy. We are not alone in liking these characters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post

I haven't found any Gambit action figures! I did see a wholebunch of Wolverines at the grocery store,and one Rogue figure at one random Walmart. I did find my Gambit bust last yr at that Walmart, it was lying around on shelf for months then went 50% off near Xmas holidays so I snatched it. It is a limited edition of 2000 .

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/produ...details/145680 it's this one, I paid a lot less, Yay

https://www.target.com/p/x-men-39-97...e/-/A-87846697 Sold out at Target

Spectacular Member

If Gambit does Deathbit, I'm not even sure how we could even bring Romy back together. I recall he just got cured offpage in comics and when he returned, Rogue was in that coma. I don't even recall Rogue asked him what happened! Then she was able to manage her powers, and then was hemming and hawing then got with Mags cuz Gambit did the Home Harbour speech on her to give her an out cuz no one wanted to write them. and YEARS passed!
    Last edited by smokey78; Today at 02:36 PM.

Gambit and Rogue figures are nearly impossible to find in stores, from my experience. Ordering online is the best way to find any.

Sidebar: Oh are we going to transition into trashing the X-men films now? I'm good at that. I hated them. ;p
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; Today at 02:55 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.