Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    The clip for tonight’s episode just dropped. spoilers:
    Rogue is pissed, going ham on a military base.
    end of spoilers
    Well, it's about time!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I think we're getting spoilers:
    Rogue vs Captain America.
    end of spoilers

Here's the preview (spoilers)....

https://twitter.com/xmenupdate/statu...608146792?s=46

Looks amazing. Getting Superman vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I think we're getting spoilers:
    Rogue vs Captain America.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I could see them setting it up like a fight, but then Cap tells her he understands and talks her down to redirect her anger somewhere else.
    end of spoilers

I wonder if there will be any foreshadowing about her spoilers:
    potentially becoming an Avenger at some point.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I liked how there was no dialog from Rogue. I thought that was a good stylistic choice that underscored her frame of mind. Like, she is done talking.
    end of spoilers

I love that this series is giving us a showcase of both characters at their most powerful. Now if only they could bring Gambit back and show the world how great they are together as a couple.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This takes place just before AoA. This was a big moment for me. Some people were actually angry that Rogue kissed him and that it was wrong. But I don't think they were Remy/Rogue appreciators. This kiss could of lead to a kick-ass AoA style couple but instead we got Rogue married to Magneto (ick) and Remy in a relationship with Lila. A relationship that was kind of one-sided as Remy really didn't love her back, at least not in that way, but in love with Rogue. I loved AoA as a whole but can't help but think about what could have been.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

While the kiss was good how it was handled after AOA was bad because of Sinister.
    X-Men Forever

spoilers:
    Rogue killing Trask was just...a jaw dropping scene, but I particularly liked the fact that she was doing it to avenge Remy (and not Magneto--yes, I know he's not dead, but the X-men clearly don't know that since he's being held captive by Bastion). I was afraid that they would prolong the love triangle angle and have her avenging both deaths.

That Gambit scene was hard to watch, though. But I did like Jubilee in this scene and Kurt presiding over it was a nice touch (great speech).
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    I wasn’t to fond of this episode. I thought Kurt’s speech lacked gravitas and ended up to many gambler cliches stacked on top of each other. What I liked was Jubilee’s grief. Sadly it felt like the rest of them, with Logan the possible exception, didn’t care that much. They grieved a fallen member of the team, not Remy as a person.

We barely scratched Rogues thoughts on the matter. It was all internal with her smashing things up. I actually thoughts Kurt and the team catching up with her in Mexico was a mistake, a dream at first. It felt to sugary and sweet. Rogue made several mistakes and they must be eating her up inside, along with her grieving Magnus and Remy. Yet this episode didn’t fast track that, as it does with so many other plots.

I thought this episode was about Remy but in a too subtle way. Maybe that is a sign he will be back. It’s more about the grief of Genosha and when he returns Rogue can finally talk about it with someone. For an episode about Remy being dead no one with the exception of Rogue mentioned him after the first scene. It feels like Remy’s death is just an excuse to have Rogue smash stuff and Kurt joining the team. That might be the biggest proof he is returning.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It was good to have an episode where Rogue unambiguously, unapologetically chose Gambit, though it was sad it was after his death. Nightcrawler kept trying to say that she'd lost two men, but she was "hell no, this is about Remy, this is about my man." I always love it when she calls him "my man."

I loved the moment where she threw Cap's shield into the mountains. It was so wonderfully petty.

I know there will be mixed feelings about her dropping Trask. I always like seeing the darker side of Rogue, and I think the situation and her trauma would have taken her to that place. She isn't the Princess of Pure and Perfect that Bella thinks she is.

And speaking of Bella, I found it a little odd she was at Gambit's funeral with Bobby (aka Wish Henri) and co. She's basically his insane stalker ex-girlfriend in this continuity. Did she just show up and everyone was too distracted to tell her to go?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    spoilers:
    I wasn’t to fond of this episode. I thought Kurt’s speech lacked gravitas and ended up to many gambler cliches stacked on top of each other. What I liked was Jubilee’s grief. Sadly it felt like the rest of them, with Logan the possible exception, didn’t care that much. They grieved a fallen member of the team, not Remy as a person.

We barely scratched Rogues thoughts on the matter. It was all internal with her smashing things up. I actually thoughts Kurt and the team catching up with her in Mexico was a mistake, a dream at first. It felt to sugary and sweet. Rogue made several mistakes and they must be eating her up inside, along with her grieving Magnus and Remy. Yet this episode didn’t fast track that, as it does with so many other plots.

I thought this episode was about Remy but in a too subtle way. Maybe that is a sign he will be back. It’s more about the grief of Genosha and when he returns Rogue can finally talk about it with someone. For an episode about Remy being dead no one with the exception of Rogue mentioned him after the first scene. It feels like Remy’s death is just an excuse to have Rogue smash stuff and Kurt joining the team. That might be the biggest proof he is returning.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I liked Kurt's comment that modesty was always Gambit's tell. That felt more personal, as if he actually knew him as a man and not just a hero. But, yeah, I was underwhelmed by the funeral too. I wanted Storm to be there and to speak about him too, since the show has hinted at their connection before.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:
    I liked Kurt's comment that modesty was always Gambit's tell. That felt more personal, as if he actually knew him as a man and not just a hero. But, yeah, I was underwhelmed by the funeral too. I wanted Storm to be there and to speak about him too, since the show has hinted at their connection before.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Taken as it is that’s a good line, it just was drowned a bit in several card&gambling cliches before. I think it was a good end of the “he can’t see himself as a hero” plot but a worse eulogy of Remy as a person and a member of the team. It’s great that Kurt did it and also sad that with Rogue not there he knew Remy the best and he’s new to the team. I was actually moved more by the brief shots of Belladonna and other guild members then I was with the actual X-men.

By starting with the funeral we lose the impact Remy’s death has on them, they have already processed it and in a certain amount moved on. It’s Rogue who still bears it as an open wound.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I saw it as different levels of grief--Logan and Jubilee would feel his loss more personally than the others; I do wish we'd heard at least one of them speak since neither Rogue nor Storm was present.
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds