Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Just give us a second, separate book of Romy sexytimes.
    Everyone's attention was on what Remy was wearing, but I, being the weirdo I am, was curious about the pop song in the background. Found it, and it fits thematically with how he feels about Rogue. Also, the song and video scream 1997. Behold:

@CamilleMoineau you may just be a genius!

Holy @!#$ this is some kind of insane meta Easter eggs going on here.

Did it take me like 5 minutes to figure out that MFEO stands for "Meant For Each Other"? Yes it absolutely did. LOL

My lord, I am dying! This is the craziest deep cut. Like I've never heard of this dude, but damn if he doesn't have the floppy bangs and a purple wardrobe to boot. These writers are dedicated. I'm also going to take this as a subtle confirmation that they are taking us on a path that gets Romy moving forward.

I'm still really worried for Remy in episode #5. I can't shake that something big is going to happen with him. That torn and bloodied white suit in the preview clips and an ominous title with his catch phrase. I hope he has a badass showing and they put respect on his name like they did for Storm.

I was also thinking, I hope we get a cooler callback outfit for Rogue. That magenta dress is classic, but it has gotta go. Everyone else is getting new street clothes looks. I would die if they put her in that red lace dress from their first failed date or the long green pinstriped skirt from XM #24.

This detective work…Stunning, absolutely stunning.

I love coming in here and seeing everyone excited and happy about what’s to come because all the other boards are getting to be a drag. Why so much complaining about books that aren’t even in print until 4-5 months from now? I’m still complaining about Sins of Sinister and it’s been out for like a year. Did ppl forget bad books are already out and deserve to be derided? I could write a 50,000 word essay of complaints on R&G mini alone. I have my fanzine on order so I can cleanse my palette of that funk.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

I love coming in here and seeing everyone excited and happy about what’s to come because all the other boards are getting to be a drag. Why so much complaining about books that aren’t even in print until 4-5 months from now? I’m still complaining about Sins of Sinister and it’s been out for like a year. Did ppl forget bad books are already out and deserve to be derided? I could write a 50,000 word essay of complaints on R&G mini alone. I have my fanzine on order so I can cleanse my palette of that funk.
    Yeah, it's kind of unsurprising that people are bashing the books already just because they don't want Krakoa to end. I get being sad that an era is coming to an end, but it's still pretty early to make much of a judgement on the future books. And Krakoa had some really high highs and low lows. It wasn't exactly the pinnacle of X-Men writing.
    Make Good Art

By the time we got to The Many Wild Lives And Wives of Wolverine for three months it kinda seemed like they were trying to bail out that sinking ship.

Back to the show: romy endgame is obvious. Unfortunately, if they’re basing the show off stories in the books, Gambit hasn’t had anything to do other than pine after Rogue, get character assassinated by various x-office bros, then be given a solo to rehabilitate him. All his best stories are in his own books. I guess he got some cats.

This is silly, but it made me laugh.

Lol. As if Mags would care about his kids.

I remember reading that every character was some writer's favorite in the writing room.( something along those lines) so I hope Remy gets some time to shine and it's not just the stupid love triangle.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    @CamilleMoineau you may just be a genius!

Holy @!#$ this is some kind of insane meta Easter eggs going on here.

Did it take me like 5 minutes to figure out that MFEO stands for "Meant For Each Other"? Yes it absolutely did. LOL

My lord, I am dying! This is the craziest deep cut. Like I've never heard of this dude, but damn if he doesn't have the floppy bangs and a purple wardrobe to boot. These writers are dedicated. I'm also going to take this as a subtle confirmation that they are taking us on a path that gets Romy moving forward.

I'm still really worried for Remy in episode #5. I can't shake that something big is going to happen with him. That torn and bloodied white suit in the preview clips and an ominous title with his catch phrase. I hope he has a badass showing and they put respect on his name like they did for Storm.

I was also thinking, I hope we get a cooler callback outfit for Rogue. That magenta dress is classic, but it has gotta go. Everyone else is getting new street clothes looks. I would die if they put her in that red lace dress from their first failed date or the long green pinstriped skirt from XM #24.
    I just get obsessed by minor stuff my faves are interested in, whether it's what Remy listens to while cooking or finding a picture of Zack de la Rocha with bookshelves behind him and immediately zooming in to decipher the titles. It is my gift. It is my purse [Rogue]Mah power![/Rogue] *angsts*

Anyway, it really is just the perfect Easter egg! And yeah, I had to pause a bit to figure out the initials too. I don't remember this guy either, but it looks like this wasn't released in the US, so that's why. So I guess in their '97 it was, just like everyone looks more like 1992 and they sometimes use future slang, like "bestie" or "unsee"ing something.

Yeah, I'm gonna need Rogue to get some better clothes. That red lace dress still kills me, chiefly because they were going out for casual dining.

Episode 5 really is going to be his moment, but I also feel apprehensive as to what'll happen (I looked again yesterday--that's a lot of blood!) I hope that he doesn't become a villain, and especially not for being briefly rejected by Rogue--I've seen disturbing comments about how he's now been redpilled by incel losers. I strongly believe that's not the way they'd go, because he's got waaaay more self-confidence and I can't see him getting swayed by a bunch of far-right losers. He's hurt and he's jealous, sure, but I hope if they do go the Villain Temp route, it's one of his misguided attempts to help that backfires on him, but not so heinous that he's irredeemable and audiences turn on him.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 03-26-2024 at 04:03 PM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

*bows* Thank you, thank you.

Yeah, I don't understand that mindset either. I remember a subset of fans grousing about how KT would handle Gambit in R&G months before it was out because she said she was a feminist (the horror!). (And as if Remy's not one himself, come on.) Now, will things turn out bad for Remy or our favorite couple? Maybe! But why not wait and see instead of being total wet blankets? And yes, we have no shortages to b!tch about with what we've already got, especially from the last few years!

I don't get paid til this Friday, but I'm super-excited to put my order in! Regardless of whatever happens during this time of '97, we'll have this to tide us over until the inevitable getting-together at the end of the season (It BETTER NOT get dragged out to s2!).

ETA: As for Lorna, it's not worth putting him with her if it's going to just be a whole load of nothing like I remember from X-Factor. Also, Remy's not petty enough to just date her because he thinks it'd make Mags angry. Anyway, it'd only work as revenge if Mags actually cared, which he does not, as Ilargi said.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 03-26-2024 at 03:10 PM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

best couple that never was

Oh that is funny, LOL. If I weren't a Romy fan, I would probably be for that pairing (I also didn't hate Rogue/Deadpool either). Blasphemy! I know, LOL.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-26-2024 at 04:08 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Haha I made this one, I got some very heated messages on several platforms about it.

Back to the show: romy endgame is obvious. Unfortunately, if they’re basing the show off stories in the books, Gambit hasn’t had anything to do other than pine after Rogue, get character assassinated by various x-office bros, then be given a solo to rehabilitate him. All his best stories are in his own books. I guess he got some cats.
    It's really a shame; I assume they won't be drawing from non-main books so we can see more aspects of his personality and growth but I doubt it,
    No comforting a traumatized girl with sandwiches and reading The Little Prince or Peter Pan here. *sigh*

Well.

spoilers:
    I wanted at least a little scene with Romy. I think the scene where she rushes to Remy when he's hurt feels tossed in to placate us after that awful vision, like "See? See? She cares!" At least we got the reassurance in the opening credits.
    At the nightmare scene, I just kept mentally repeating "homeandharborhomeandharborrememberthesong"
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 03-27-2024 at 01:44 AM.

spoilers:
    I actually am getting the impression that maybe the Rogneto really is a misdirection, they're hitting us over the head with Remy being upset a bit way too much that it's making me suspicious. We'll see I suppose.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    spoilers:
    I actually am getting the impression that maybe the Rogneto really is a misdirection, they're hitting us over the head with Remy being upset a bit way too much that it's making me suspicious. We'll see I suppose.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was getting that vibe too, maybe it's just going to be playing into his self doubt (and also making all of us jump to conclusions too lol). I think Remy is struggling with his past a bit like he does in the comics. Seems likely when you consider when bad-dream-Rogue said she found a man and he was a real hero.
    Maybe the plan is Magneto to help her get control of her powers like Charles couldn't, wouldn't that be a kick in the pants
    end of spoilers