Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    spoilers:
    I saw it as different levels of grief--Logan and Jubilee would feel his loss more personally than the others; I do wish we'd heard at least one of them speak since neither Rogue nor Storm was present.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Only Jubilee, Kurt and Rogue mentioned Remy(not necessarily by name) in the episode. Kurt at the funeral, Jubilee the same and Rogue later on.
    I think someone mentioned it before the episode that Jubilee would speak for everyone and Remy’s death has become Rogue’s plot. It’s things like that that makes me feel that the majority of them are grieving a fallen colleague and not a friend.Magneto gets even more forgotten, which is ok for us viewers since we all suspect he is still alive, it’s just more consequences of this rushed and compressed storytelling they are doing
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

It was ok set up episode. Second episode not written by DeMayo in a row and you can feel that it is not on par with quality.

Story is fine. Character words are not powerful or deep enough.
    Kurts speech at funeral was dumb. It wasn't deeper than skin.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-24-2024 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    Rogue killing Trask was just...a jaw dropping scene, but I particularly liked the fact that she was doing it to avenge Remy (and not Magneto--yes, I know he's not dead, but the X-men clearly don't know that since he's being held captive by Bastion). I was afraid that they would prolong the love triangle angle and have her avenging both deaths.

That Gambit scene was hard to watch, though. But I did like Jubilee in this scene and Kurt presiding over it was a nice touch (great speech).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Agree with this. For me it was the 2nd best episode of the season (after Remember It). Rogue was awesome, there's something exhilarating about watching your favourite characters shine in animation over comics, due to the music and action sequences.

Anyone noticed Cable go "Hunh". Very reminiscent of when Chris Potter voiced Gambit. You can definitely hear the old Gambit in him. Still hasn't interacted with Lenore yet.

That said, I'm bummed out that we have to wait another week to see what they do with Remy. There are new theories that Bastion and Sinister might turn him into a Sentinel (like Trask), which matches Xavier's vision from last week's ep when Gambit turned into a Sentinel himself. What I'm really hoping for is Cable time-travelling, just so we can see Gambit again at the gala, I'm really feeling his absence now. Worst case for me is if they give us Deathbit at the very end of the season finale, which would mean we'd have wait a year for season 2, and something like Deathbit will get resolved late in that season. I really don't want that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    spoilers:
    Only Jubilee, Kurt and Rogue mentioned Remy(not necessarily by name) in the episode. Kurt at the funeral, Jubilee the same and Rogue later on.
    I think someone mentioned it before the episode that Jubilee would speak for everyone and Remy’s death has become Rogue’s plot. It’s things like that that makes me feel that the majority of them are grieving a fallen colleague and not a friend.Magneto gets even more forgotten, which is ok for us viewers since we all suspect he is still alive, it’s just more consequences of this rushed and compressed storytelling they are doing
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is Magneto close to anyone on this team though? He hasn't been reformed long enough to really develop bonds with them even if they've begrudgingly accepted him. Storm barely had any interaction with him before she quit the team.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    Agree with this. For me it was the 2nd best episode of the season (after Remember It). Rogue was awesome, there's something exhilarating about watching your favourite characters shine in animation over comics, due to the music and action sequences.

Anyone noticed Cable go "Hunh". Very reminiscent of when Chris Potter voiced Gambit. You can definitely hear the old Gambit in him. Still hasn't interacted with Lenore yet.

That said, I'm bummed out that we have to wait another week to see what they do with Remy. There are new theories that Bastion and Sinister might turn him into a Sentinel (like Trask), which matches Xavier's vision from last week's ep when Gambit turned into a Sentinel himself. What I'm really hoping for is Cable time-travelling, just so we can see Gambit again at the gala, I'm really feeling his absence now. Worst case for me is if they give us Deathbit at the very end of the season finale, which would mean we'd have wait a year for season 2, and something like Deathbit will get resolved late in that season. I really don't want that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, totally agree about this being the second best episode in my opinion. I genuinely envy fans of solo titles (like Batman, for example) who get to see their fave character on screen regularly. We get so little screen time for our faves that every moment we see them do something remotely cool, it's pretty damn amazing. Having Gambit "taken away" from us so quickly hurts all that much more.

I also hear Gambit in Potter's Cable voice over, but I have to say that, while he's still up there as possibly my fave Gambit voice, AJ's rendition was becoming a real challenger for the top spot. I just wish we had heard more of him.

I still don't know what direction Remy's return will take. They were really selling his death to us as "real" in this episode. And while I like how it played out with Rogue, I really want this resolved in some way before the end of the season. I don't want him to stay dead dead for all of season 1. At the very least, I want to see his grave dug up (gruesome, I know)...just to have the hope he'll be back in some way. Deathbit would provide the most melodrama, but time travel or Sinister would be quicker.

Crazy theory time: what if Cable had to time travel to stop Gambit's death because said death made Rogue go on a rampage and subsequently give fuel to the anti-mutant movement? She trashed a military facility and "killed" Trask. I don't believe my theory to be true, but it's a fun thought.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    I also hear Gambit in Potter's Cable voice over, but I have to say that, while he's still up there as possibly my fave Gambit voice, AJ's rendition was becoming a real challenger for the top spot. I just wish we had heard more of him.

I still don't know what direction Remy's return will take. They were really selling his death to us as "real" in this episode. And while I like how it played out with Rogue, I really want this resolved in some way before the end of the season. I don't want him to stay dead dead for all of season 1. At the very least, I want to see his grave dug up (gruesome, I know)...just to have the hope he'll be back in some way. Deathbit would provide the most melodrama, but time travel or Sinister would be quicker.

Crazy theory time: what if Cable had to time travel to stop Gambit's death because said death made Rogue go on a rampage and subsequently give fuel to the anti-mutant movement? She trashed a military facility and "killed" Trask. I don't believe my theory to be true, but it's a fun thought.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    When i first read that Potter wasn't doing Gambit I almost lost it.. Then I heard AJ say that "To hot to handle" line, and I was like ..... Ok..you got me.

I feel Cable will help the X-Men beat Bastion over the three part finale but it won't bring anyone back (especially since Magneto is alive now). Then as a cliffhanger Apocalypse will pop up with Gambit. At least I hope. I hope they aren't saving Gambit for season 3.... or worst.. never
    end of spoilers

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    spoilers:
    When i first read that Potter wasn't doing Gambit I almost lost it.. Then I heard AJ say that "To hot to handle" line, and I was like ..... Ok..you got me.

I feel Cable will help the X-Men beat Bastion over the three part finale but it won't bring anyone back (especially since Magneto is alive now). Then as a cliffhanger Apocalypse will pop up with Gambit. At least I hope. I hope they aren't saving Gambit for season 3.... or worst.. never
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Interesting because this episode really seemed to me that we’re about to get a Re-animated corpse of someone the X-Men know. Jean specifically calls out ‘I can still sense his mind’ about Trask’s hybrid-sentinel~ness which seems like a pointless line since Cable shows up 5 seconds later with an electric bomb thing. It pinged me as a “this will be important later” kinda thing. Plus the funeral beat on about Gambit dying with the assumption he felt was still lost to sin and never a hero. Look, an insecurity! Which is oddly stated at a regular non-foreshadowing funeral. I’m assuming whatever Bastion wants with Magneto isn’t to make him a Re-animated corpse hybrid since he’s still alive. He’s just kill him outright and chuck the body over to Sinister. Gambit’s the only mostly intact corpse and belong to the guy that stopped Bastion’s monster sentinel. Just saying’, if I was Bastion, I’d take the one who stopped my glorious machine to be my NEW better mass killer. The personal horror it’d bring to my enemies would be a bonus
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If Cable does any time traveling, I think it would be to prevent a Magneto Prime Sentinel.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Gambit will come back as Deathbit. He's the one character that is the most associated with death. His funeral, the vision of him as a giant with a skull, the sugar skull: death, death, Death. Plus the Apocalypse scenes in the intro? Hints galore.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

spoilers:
    If Cable does any time traveling, I think it would be to prevent a Magneto Prime Sentinel.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Gambit will come back as Deathbit. He's the one character that is the most associated with death. His funeral, the vision of him as a giant with a skull, the sugar skull: death, death, Death. Plus the Apocalypse scenes in the intro? Hints galore.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    You could be right about Magneto, though he doesn't look re-animated when he's wearing his original red costume, maybe brainwashed or he escaped/got rescued?

There are clues about a Prime Sentinel Gambit in Xavier's vision, his dead form turned into one and attacked him with a green energy blast from his mouth. It could symbolise his death and his transformation as a Prime Sentinel.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The big thing for me is this episode used up the remaining Rogue scenes from the trailers and promos. It definitely feels like they are keeping her role in the finale under wraps and I can't think of a reason other than it's Gambit related. It could point to time travel as they would want to keep that part a secret but as long as Sinister and Bastion are around, it could be those other theories.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    You could be right about Magneto, though he doesn't look re-animated when he's wearing his original red costume, maybe brainwashed or he escaped/got rescued?

There are clues about a Prime Sentinel Gambit in Xavier's vision, his dead form turned into one and attacked him with a green energy blast from his mouth. It could symbolise his death and his transformation as a Prime Sentinel.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know a whole lot about Prime Sentinels. Does the recipient have to be alive? The reason I'm thinking Apocalypse is that he would have the ability to raise the dead, no? Can Prime Sentinels be reverted back to being normal/alive? But then again the show could do whatever they want, I guess. I hope we get some sort of answer. I don't want to wait a year to see if Gambit's still dead
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    spoilers:
    The big thing for me is this episode used up the remaining Rogue scenes from the trailers and promos. It definitely feels like they are keeping her role in the finale under wraps and I can't think of a reason other than it's Gambit related. It could point to time travel as they would want to keep that part a secret but as long as Sinister and Bastion are around, it could be those other theories.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wishful thinking for me would be to have Rogue join Cable in time-travel. It makes sense plot-wise, she knows what happened in Genosha at the gala night.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't know a whole lot about Prime Sentinels. Does the recipient have to be alive? The reason I'm thinking Apocalypse is that he would have the ability to raise the dead, no? Can Prime Sentinels be reverted back to being normal/alive? But then again the show could do whatever they want, I guess. I hope we get some sort of answer. I don't want to wait a year to see if Gambit's still dead
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not sure, but Trask was proof. Mr Sinister has resurrected characters in the past (Morph). Could be a combination of the two.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the Day of the Dead stuff seemed very on the nose
    end of spoilers
    Make Good Art

spoilers:
    Not sure, but Trask was proof. Mr Sinister has resurrected characters in the past (Morph). Could be a combination of the two.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I keep forgetting that Sinister revived Morph, so I guess Sinister could be reviving dead mutants from Genosha in order to turn them into Prime Sentinels for Bastion? Yiiikes. That's grim.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

spoilers:
    I keep forgetting that Sinister revived Morph, so I guess Sinister could be reviving dead mutants from Genosha in order to turn them into Prime Sentinels for Bastion? Yiiikes. That's grim.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They also keep alluding to Morph's past with Sinister in the intro, so could be another hint
    end of spoilers
    Make Good Art