Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The mention of Remy's French heritage made me think. Has Rogue and Gambit ever spoke to each other in French? She said she learned it growing up in the south when talking to Northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The mention of Remy's French heritage made me think. Has Rogue and Gambit ever spoke to each other in French? She said she learned it growing up in the south when talking to Northstar.
    The last mention that I remember of Rogue's ability to speak in French was in Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit series where Rogue confesses to Remy that she tried learning French via a language learning tool (Babbel or Rosetta Stone) and that it didn't work, so I would say she isn't fluent.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

All-New Member

spoilers:
    Yes, and the reading of the dancing, drinking wine, making love line was unintentionally funny and something I could've lived without ever hearing.
    end of spoilers

I really disliked that line too. Also, the way the lips are drawn for him and Magneto bothers me quite a bit. It looks very unnatural. They don't do that for all of the male characters like Cyclops or Gambit.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katara View Post
    spoilers:
    Yes, and the reading of the dancing, drinking wine, making love line was unintentionally funny and something I could've lived without ever hearing.
    end of spoilers

I really disliked that line too. Also, the way the lips are drawn for him and Magneto bothers me quite a bit. It looks very unnatural. They don't do that for all of the male characters like Cyclops or Gambit.
    Yes, noticed that too. *cringe*
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

That line was from "E is for Extinction" when Xavier sensed the genocide. Taken from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    That line was from "E is for Extinction" when Xavier sensed the genocide. Taken from the comics.
    We were too busy over in X-Treme XMen to have read Morrison, haha. Someone on the Gambit discord server put up the panels of Xavier saying that line and then the scene of him teaching a class on the Astral Plane. Having context, it’s kinda cool to see the comic panels realized on screen, but otherwise it’s like, ew. Please never say “making love” again, you’ve turned me off sex completely.

It sounds like Xavier is speaking from the back of his throat, it sounds strained and unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    She does speak a little French back to him in that Love Unlimited series. Not like long sentences or anything, but a few phrases. It was very sweet.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    We were too busy over in X-Treme XMen to have read Morrison, haha.
    For real. We were too distracted by our Cajun in black looking fine AF.

The line is yet another Thing From the Comics We Should've Done Without.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

So my final prediction how X-Men 97 season 1 will end.

spoilers:
    I still think that everything will be worse and worse for X-Men with every episode and most of cast will die till the end of ep9. So in Ep 10 Forge will fix Cable's tech and Xavier will send mind message to X-Men in the past.
    So Gambit and X-Men or even all mutants in the past will Remember everything from future (and Gambit's sacrifice) and unite before attack on Genosha. Everything ends with a massive fight.

After fight Gambit and Rogue will have their happy dance or even fast marriage.
    Rogue has her red dress and Gambit his costume, but white from X-Men 24. They must have their dance.

Rogue was afraid to dance in ep1 with Gambit. Chose wrong dance in ep 5 with Mags. Finally, will have a right dance in ep 10.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The last mention that I remember of Rogue's ability to speak in French was in Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit series where Rogue confesses to Remy that she tried learning French via a language learning tool (Babbel or Rosetta Stone) and that it didn't work, so I would say she isn't fluent.
    She was fluent in French (see Asgardian Wars and Carey's run) until KT retconned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katara View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Magneto is always drawn with flared nostrils. Every time he's on screen it's like we're looking up his nose, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    She was fluent in French (see Asgardian Wars and Carey's run) until KT retconned it.
    Ah. See, I didn't read Asgardian Wars and only part of Carey's run.
    I wish they would retcon the story of Rogue's birth parents.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member

She was only speaking French after absorbing North Star in asgardian wars. (That was KT’s logic for that line, she only spoke it then, why not anytime after that?) I don’t remember she said in legacy.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

The X-Men 97 #2 2nd print cover

EF2C6A72-AAE1-4016-889B-F1ECD1C2635C.jpg

Damn, Marvel did not need to go this hard on a Friday morning

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    The X-Men 97 #2 2nd print cover

EF2C6A72-AAE1-4016-889B-F1ECD1C2635C.jpg

Damn, Marvel did not need to go this hard on a Friday morning
    Well that's going to become my phone wallpaper. Ugh. Both love it and hate it.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Okay these are from the Motendo episode...

From the part where Jubilee and Roberto fight Mojo at the end (the climax). Yes, I know all the X-Men look evil and red-eyed, but why is Gambit's skin dark blue? ...and not the others?
    Attached Images Attached Images