Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Like AppleJ said, I also don’t think spoilers:
    Xavier’s vision was foreshadowing or a hint at Gambit’s Death persona. I admit I don’t fully grasp a lot of the nuance in regards to race/colonialism/systems of oppression, I just don’t have a lot of that in my knowledge bank to speak effectively about it, but I’m learning. It seemed to me like the two stories were echoing and reflecting one another. I mean, my biggest clue was when both couples discuss an escape/vacation to a tropical beach and I’m just thinking: y’all better turn on the news…and then Storm did! I saw Storm’s transformation into Life and Gambit’s transformation into Death to be part of the plot’s echo/reflection theme.
    end of spoilers

I did not need breathing room between episodes. Seeing grief/remorse would have been more cathartic. Now I have to sit in my feels for another week like a sad baby in a wet diaper.

Mags is alive, I won’t believe the lies! He was taken off the credits because he’s not an x-man anymore. Cypher died under his tutelage in the books and he became a control-freak. I think poor Leech’s death will push Magneto over the edge. Rogue already spoke of his rage, I think we’ll see it boil over now.

Can I say how happy I am that my daughter is watching this with me? She has proclaimed Gambit/Rogue her OTP, wanted me to skip the recap so she didn’t have to see Gambit die again. Her observations crack me up - about Maddie: “whoa, you get quite the glow-up when you go evil,” latest episode: “Just make Deathbird Queen already,” and “ooh, now Storm’s got drip. I can’t wait to see Gambit’s glow up when he comes back. Shorter, pinker crop top - with sparkles.”

Magneto is not dead, or at least not staying dead. It's interesting they show him returning to his old costume and yet they don't show him fighting at all. If Magneto is alive, Rogue's reaction better be anger as she could have stayed with Gambit during the fight, instead of having to be taken down.

I bet the Gambit/Nightcrawler scene hasn't happen yet and will be part of the finale. I will take it a step further: I bet the basketball scene hasn't happen yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Like AppleJ said, I also don’t think spoilers:
    Xavier’s vision was foreshadowing or a hint at Gambit’s Death persona. I admit I don’t fully grasp a lot of the nuance in regards to race/colonialism/systems of oppression, I just don’t have a lot of that in my knowledge bank to speak effectively about it, but I’m learning. It seemed to me like the two stories were echoing and reflecting one another. I mean, my biggest clue was when both couples discuss an escape/vacation to a tropical beach and I’m just thinking: y’all better turn on the news…and then Storm did! I saw Storm’s transformation into Life and Gambit’s transformation into Death to be part of the plot’s echo/reflection theme.
    end of spoilers

I did not need breathing room between episodes. Seeing grief/remorse would have been more cathartic. Now I have to sit in my feels for another week like a sad baby in a wet diaper.

Mags is alive, I won’t believe the lies! He was taken off the credits because he’s not an x-man anymore. Cypher died under his tutelage in the books and he became a control-freak. I think poor Leech’s death will push Magneto over the edge. Rogue already spoke of his rage, I think we’ll see it boil over now.

Can I say how happy I am that my daughter is watching this with me? She has proclaimed Gambit/Rogue her OTP, wanted me to skip the recap so she didn’t have to see Gambit die again. Her observations crack me up - about Maddie: “whoa, you get quite the glow-up when you go evil,” latest episode: “Just make Deathbird Queen already,” and “ooh, now Storm’s got drip. I can’t wait to see Gambit’s glow up when he comes back. Shorter, pinker crop top - with sparkles.”
    You must be extremely proud! Clearly you have raised your kiddo well. She has an excellent point! What costume would they update Remy into?

My 14 year old has been remembering this show exists and asking to watch the new episodes, which is significant, but she won't admit to any favorite characters ... yet.

Now Rogue has more costume change options than Remy. Perhaps she'll go into one of her darker looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    Magneto is not dead, or at least not staying dead. It's interesting they show him returning to his old costume and yet they don't show him fighting at all. If Magneto is alive, Rogue's reaction better be anger as she could have stayed with Gambit during the fight, instead of having to be taken down.

I bet the Gambit/Nightcrawler scene hasn't happen yet and will be part of the finale. I will take it a step further: I bet the basketball scene hasn't happen yet either.
    This. This has been bothering me since I saw it. Also, that look she exchanged with Mags before he "died" annoyed me so much. I understand she still cares about him, and the logic behind why they included it, I just don't like it.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I hope that the next episode, despite its title (Bright Eyes, probably a Cable reference), is finally a Rogue centered episode.
    Well, that was Rogue who called Cable 'Bright Eyes'

Rogue : [to Cable] Remember me, Bright Eyes?

funny considering Rogue helped Maddy deliver Cable

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Well, that was Rogue who called Cable 'Bright Eyes'

Rogue : [to Cable] Remember me, Bright Eyes?

funny considering Rogue helped Maddy deliver Cable
    Oh wow! Totally forgot about that. Well that gives me hope for episode 7.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

There’s going to be a Mystique reveal at some point. IMO, everyone is Mystique until proven otherwise. When she eventually reveals herself, Rogue will have her moment.

I was 13 when I watched the XTAS. I immediately glommed onto Gambit for being an American of French descent like me, and most other portrayals of French people are…unappealing. Rogue came along for teen angst reasons. I’ve grown out of the angst part, but Gambit remains my fave. I don’t impose my faves on my tween co-watcher, so it’s just good (or emotionally manipulative) storytelling that steered a younger viewer in the [correct] direction of loving Gambit/Rogue. She was moaning the whole time they were breaking up: “Noooo I hate this!” And I missed the song cue of Happy Nation because she was making vomiting sounds during the entire Magneto Rogue dance.

Pretty sure Nightcrawler will also be a standout favorite, no matter what medium. Chicks dig the fuzzy dude.

Yeah, I love that Gambit is of French descent, it's definitely a part of his appeal. My pet peeve is the neverending French typos in comics Gambit's dialogue. Google translate could do a better job.

As for Mystique (if it's her), I wonder what she's up to. Did she kill Val Cooper?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

The nerves are starting to kick in again knowing that episode 7 will address the aftermath of Genosha and where they could possibly go with Gambit by the end of the episode. Hoping for at least a subtle hint from either Sinister or Cable (or Mystique?) on what they could do for him for the remainder of this season. I really don't want to wait until season 2.

It'll be a good episode for Rogue, she'll be seeking justice. As long as she doesn't go off the rails, it's not what Remy would've wanted for her.

FYI: Power of X-Men podcast has an interview with AJ LoCascio. I'm not done listening to it, so I can't comment on it right now other than to say, can we get a podcast with him just reading Gambit comics in that Remy voice? *melts*
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

FYI: Power of X-Men podcast has an interview with AJ LoCascio. I'm not done listening to it, so I can't comment on it right now other than to say, can we get a podcast with him just reading Gambit comics in that Remy voice? *melts*
    Just finished listening to the last half of this actually. And yes, please!

6 was my least favorite for me and I wish we'd gotten next week's ep now instead of having to suffer another week. spoilers:
    It didn't help that you can't measure how little I care about Charles and his love life. The new voice irritates me and I'm not sure why.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, everyone at Marvel should be required to take a basic French course, since it's clear they refuse to take the mere seconds to look up stuff. No, wait, better yet--because the more I think of Remy's poor treatment over the years, and how 97 has turned out, the angrier I'm getting--push it up to intermediate--let them suffer through having to do the subjunctive tense! That'll learn 'em.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 04-18-2024 at 10:43 AM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Just finished listening to the last half of this actually. And yes, please!

6 was my least favorite for me and I wish we'd gotten next week's ep now instead of having to suffer another week. spoilers:
    It didn't help that you can't measure how little I care about Charles and his love life. The new voice irritates me and I'm not sure why.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, everyone at Marvel should be required to take a basic French course, since it's clear they refuse to take the mere seconds to look up stuff. No, wait, better yet--because the more I think of Remy's poor treatment over the years, and how 97 has turned out, the angrier I'm getting--push it up to intermediate--let them suffer through having to do the subjunctive tense! That'll learn 'em.
    Ha! I know some native speakers who have trouble using it, never mind Marvel types who can't even spell "cœur" properly.

spoilers:
    There is something kind of creepy about this Xavier and I can't figure it out. The voice is very reminiscent of the original voice actor, and yet I get creep vibes from this version and not from the original.
    end of spoilers

How cute is AJ LoCascio? He is really towing the company line by not deviating from the "Remy is dead" narrative (as he should, he can't reveal anything), but he didn't drop a hint like Lenore did (it ain't over 'til it's over quote). I hope it's just an act and he'll be like, "I lied! I knew I was coming back." We know he recorded with Lenore last year, right?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Ha! I know some native speakers who have trouble using it, never mind Marvel types who can't even spell "cśur" properly.

spoilers:
    There is something kind of creepy about this Xavier and I can't figure it out. The voice is very reminiscent of the original voice actor, and yet I get creep vibes from this version and not from the original.
    end of spoilers

How cute is AJ LoCascio? He is really towing the company line by not deviating from the "Remy is dead" narrative (as he should, he can't reveal anything), but he didn't drop a hint like Lenore did (it ain't over 'til it's over quote). I hope it's just an act and he'll be like, "I lied! I knew I was coming back." We know he recorded with Lenore last year, right?
    Yeah they recorded together last year...here's the interview (the short version)

https://www.instagram.com/igndotcom/reel/C5FLiYrpB9j/

AJ usually keeps his lips sealed when it comes to spoilers. Lenore can let slip a little in interviews if you ask the right questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Yeah they recorded together last year...here's the interview (the short version)

https://www.instagram.com/igndotcom/reel/C5FLiYrpB9j/

AJ usually keeps his lips sealed when it comes to spoilers. Lenore can let slip a little in interviews if you ask the right questions.
    Oh so that's the clip. I had seen it, but that was before episode 5, I think, so I didn't put two & two together. Thanks!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Ha! I know some native speakers who have trouble using it, never mind Marvel types who can't even spell "cœur" properly.
    It would also be completely unnecessary, which is the real treat. ��

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, and the reading of the dancing, drinking wine, making love line was unintentionally funny and something I could've lived without ever hearing.
    end of spoilers

First of all, yes he's a cutie. ❤️ Also he deserves an award for how he's handled all this, though I do appreciate Lenore's hints--and he even made me second-guess whether I'd heard her mention recording with him last year. I hope it wasn't for a flashback.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 04-18-2024 at 05:02 PM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds