Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome.

Reading through the past few pages, I agree that Rogue's secret is the bigger story and I can't help but feel this is an adaptation of Gambit's Trial storyline, just the roles as been switched. We got the dark secret and the possible love triangle going on now and I think Episodes 5 through 7 will touch on the remaining beats, ending with a much happier conclusion.

Right now I think Rogue/Magneto will be over in Episode 5. If Rogue is deciding which path to take, a conversation with Gambit and Nightcrawler will help her choose the right one. I think Nightcrawler is a great character to help Rogue sort some things out, considering their history in the show. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an "I love you" out of Rogue before her secret drops. I do think this part story will all be wrapped up before the secret reveal at the end of the episode, like it was in the comics.

As far as Antarctica is concern (wild speculation time), I'm looking at Episode 7 and reads like it will be the X-Men versus the Hellfire Club so I can see Emma forcing Gambit, and maybe the rest of the X-Men, to see everything Rogue has done and our boy proves how worthy he is. Mastermind could take it the extra mile and do a mock trial with an Antarctica setting but I don't think it's necessary. If you believe Rogue is working to get control of her powers (please be true) then this Trial of Rogue storyline still works. I think the only difference would be her conversation with Nightcrawler.

Now if they want to give us that other important beat from Antarctica, I wouldn't complain. lol

Rogue: Gambit, you’re in charge of the rings.

Gambit: “Charge” the rings, pas de problem.

here comes the brides… KABOOM

If ever there was an opportunity for a time-delay explosion…

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

And Carol Danvers and the rest of the Avengers on that cover hoist him up in cheers and ovations.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Beautiful.
    She better be bribing him. I'll accept no other reason why he'd willingly be involved. It should be a scenario like that or:

Rogue: You're in charge of getting the rings, remember?

Remy: And you remember I told you to tell them to **** off.

*Fin.*
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

All-New Member

Default My first post!

Hello People!
    I'm from Brazil and I am a Romy fan since 1994, and in this year X92 premiere in Brazil and after watched the first episode, I bought my first comics of UXM 266(first appearance of Gambit!!!)

I be loving the X-97, not the Rogneto, an I prey for this relationship gone ASAP.

I think the Gambit and Rogue, they will finish the season together and loving each other, but until there, we will have hard moments

Sorry to my terrible english

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    Hello People!
    I'm from Brazil and I am a Romy fan since 1994, and in this year X92 premiere in Brazil and after watched the first episode, I bought my first comics of UXM 266(first appearance of Gambit!!!)

I be loving the X-97, not the Rogneto, an I prey for this relationship gone ASAP.

I think the Gambit and Rogue, they will finish the season together and loving each other, but until there, we will have hard moments

Welcome! You are in the right place!

And don't apologize; your English is great!
    Make Good Art

Hello People!

Welcome, very happy to see new old fans around here, hope you have fun. I think this year will finally be a good year for Romy fans!

Hello People!

Welcome! The more the merrier!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

LOL Man do I wish! I'm already a bit cringe on how they'll play this out. I'd been doing so well ignoring the end of this era.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    The combination of X-Men '97 and the upcoming Simone book has made me excited about the X-Men again, so I am back. Krakoa was a very dry period for my interest in X-Men, and I had a pandemic baby near the start of it, but I am ready to be back on the Romy ship.

Anyway, enough about me! It looks like we might get a cute, bonus story in the Wedding Special. Rogue entrusts Gambit with the rings, and he gets in trouble as he does. He is a better person than me, because I would have charged those rings and launched them at my awful mothers in law.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/04/x-...ing-special-1/
    Hello People!

So excited to see all these familiar and new faces in the game!

Welcome back @Dear Machine! Woot!

Welcome to the chat @zefjv2! Don't worry one bit about your English. You're doing 100x better than I could with any second language. Glad to have you with us!

Trying to keep positive by focusing on Gail’s upcoming book, that beautiful preview page, and the fanzine. (And… possibly… Deadpool & Wolverine?)

As for XTAS 97:

Rogue and Remy may likely stay at odds a while longer, but I HOPE that at least the faux triangle aspect is resolved by episode five and not drawn out more. I’m not conflict averse, but I hate that it’s been the bulk of their already sparse screentime. And I’m as tired of incels glomming onto Remy as I am all the weird sexist comments and memes about Rogue.

I’m still positive Magneto is helping Rogue with her powers. What I did NOT anticipate was that he would start taking potshots at Remy. Floating three spoons to pour sugar into one coffee? Beyond extra lmao. Joseph could never.

Things I noticed during my second watch:

-During Coffeegate, Rogue goes from smiling at Remy to staring sadly into her cup when the spoons float over. (Could be a coincidence, but also worth nothing that Magneto and Rogue are in uniform while everyone else is in civvies. They may have just come back from more training.)

-When Magneto starts lecturing that the team is behind on training, Rogue’s face falls and he avoids eye contact. That is not a man who misses an opportunity to make uncomfortable eye contact with those he’s lecturing. I’m guessing she hasn’t come close to mastering whatever they’re working on (most likely control, but maybe also power recall). She looked pretty upset.

(And didn’t DeMayo say he had no interest in Rogue learning control? So that might also be a hint as to where that subplot leads. :/ A little depressing, ngl, especially since everyone else seems to be getting massive power upgrades and/or feats. If they’re going that route, I hope they at least lean into her borrowing multiple powers at once for her fun chimera looks and/or the other helpful parts of her absorption, like intel and skillsets.)

So, in 616, Joseph tried to help Rogue by creating some electronic device loophole, which seems like something Magneto would be against. (Not to mention that suppression collars in this universe are now branded as deadly to mutants.) AOA Magneto was the one who could “touch” her… because she’d absorbed his daughter. (Insert puke emoji.) I’m guessing the “reveal” will be a blend of those, since we already know this version of Magneto can touch her. In 1x02, his whole thing was shading Charles for things he didn’t put effort into when he was still around. I’d assume not all of his team members having full mastery of their powers would be one of them. (Note how OTT he is about Jubilee not reaching her full power potential yet in terms of self defense, either.)

I do think Magneto and Remy may have similar arcs this season - ie ~can I overcome my past demons to prove myself as someone worthy of redemption. The Goblin Queen taunted them over similar things, just from different angles.

Yeah, Remy is upset by the thought of Rogue and Magneto together, but Goblin Rogue’s torture of him doesn’t stop at melting into Magneto like a Brian Yuzna nightmare - she calls Magneto a “real hero.” Remy still doesn’t see himself as crucial to the team - so he deliberately hangs back and pretends to be more laissez-faire than he truly is. The beignet scene from 1x01 was funny, but probably ties into that: “I don’t care. So this can’t hurt me.” But he does care. He cares so much!

I just hope Rogue’s story this season goes beyond “inspiring” the men around her. DeMayo calling her the season’s “mascot” has me nervous, especially with the disproportionate screentime so far.

Astonishing Member

lol, very in depth reasoning, I realllllly hope you are right. I could easily see rogue not getting control, keep her as ‘mascot’ for how mutations can be hard (otherwise, the X-men are all super models, with super powers, who occasionally have ugly, weak humans yell at them for being too awesome, lol) I do share your disappointment? about that, but that is a reason it could keep the status quo about her powers.

Another ‘analysis’ I saw on Reddit (I think) the coffee scene shows the difference in how they both treat her. Gambit asks if she wants cream, magneto dumps a mess of sugar without asking if she wants it or if she added some already. Similar to how gambit held out his hand and waited for her to take it and magneto automatically tried to take off her glove. And they said these conclusions were the result of their autistic hyperfixation, lol. That’s definitely more positive interpretation than I had and again, I really hope it’s true, but we’ll see… *le sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Another ‘analysis’ I saw on Reddit (I think) the coffee scene shows the difference in how they both treat her. Gambit asks if she wants cream, magneto dumps a mess of sugar without asking if she wants it or if she added some already. Similar to how gambit held out his hand and waited for her to take it and magneto automatically tried to take off her glove. And they said these conclusions were the result of their autistic hyperfixation, lol. That’s definitely more positive interpretation than I had and again, I really hope it’s true, but we’ll see… *le sigh*
    That’s spot on. If something like the Zaladane incident isn’t used as the impetus for Rogue splitting from Magneto in the past (either romantically or ideologically), his bulldozer approach to her powers could be another.

Speaking of Zaladane: we’re conditioned to read Magneto claiming Rogue would “not want to be alone” with him, because… exes? Sure. But it could just as likely mean something he’s done that made her wash her hands of him.

I do think their new history together will be darker than just a potential past romance. (And if the latter is still confirmed - they’d better retcon the age that Rogue left the Brotherhood at, too, because yikes.)

What keeps nagging at me is: why would a past romance with Magneto make the team “not trust” Rogue, when they already knew about her Brotherhood past? Yes, it would bother Remy. But everyone else? But if she once worked with Magneto, then pretended not to know him… that might be seen differently.

(I’m just hoping they’re not retconning some new, truly horrible deed onto her rap sheet - or claim that she first joined the team as a double agent, or something - especially when everyone else is already getting heavy PR for their more unpopular 616 behavior. Like… come on. Carol is enough lol.)

I will say that the show (and voice cast!) has been so OTT about the whole thing that I would not even be shocked if they did a complete pivot and revealed Magneto to be nothing more than one of her past mentors.

Plus, some of their moments in 1x02 had parallels to Rogue’s dynamic with Mystique in the OG series. In one scene, she’s angry that they’ve brought up their past together, rejecting what they’ve asked of her (Magneto forcefully trying to touch her bare hand; Mystique demanding she help her escape); in the next, she’s caving in, showing vulnerability, and reaching out physically (seeking out Magneto and deliberately offering her bare hand; helping Mystique avoid capture, then crying and hugging her).

Some kind of misdirect is about to be revealed. My biggest hope is that the payoff is handled well, and neither Rogue nor Gambit are character assassinated for the sake of more conflict.

Oof. Depressing, yes. I think I already made mention of this, about Rogue being the heart of the story (i.e. not accepting any cure for her powers as a stand-in for accepting thyself as you are) and she will therefore make the more "difficult" decision of both keeping her powers and choosing the guy she can't touch, but that was in the context of a possible relationship with Magneto, which I don't believe is the case anymore. I do think she will choose to be with Remy because I don't think anything is happening with Mags. I just can't figure out why she's spending so much time with Mags if it (a) isn't romantic and (b) isn't about controlling her powers. Besides, what intel does Mags have that would make him an expert about someone else's power control? I'm also surprised she's in the same building as a weapon that can zap mutant powers and she hasn't had one conversation about it. Her storyline is stupidly opaque.

Oh that is interesting. I never thought of it that way. Clever.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-05-2024 at 09:00 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

That's actually a really good point I hadn't thought about either. Though the Magneto interactions with the coffee and the glove both gave me an ick.

I don't think Rogue takes 3 sugars with her coffee. Hence the sad face.

In this scene they're trying to portray Magneto as the big alpha male. Gambit, I'm starting to think he's playing dumb until he figures out the right time to talk with Rogue.