Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

It's a nice change to have the person you don't want to make jokes on Gambits behalf not do them. Overall no pot shots on Remy or Anna. A very welcome surpise.

Because I've been out of the loop all day ... adding for posterity. Finally someone gives the correct answer!

AIPT: Well, on that note, it’s time for the final and most X-rated question in X-Men Monday history! Which X-Couple has the best sex life?

Tom Brevoort: Rogue and Gambit pretty well have to be a lock on this one. Emma and Scott worked hard and tried their best to go beyond them, but could never quite manage it, and Havok and Madelyne are surprisingly vanilla. (And Wolverine tends to get all weepy after doing the deed, which makes him kind of a downer in the bedroom.)

This week's eXclusive preview images!

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Because I've been out of the loop all day ... adding for posterity. Finally someone gives the correct answer!

AIPT: Well, on that note, it’s time for the final and most X-rated question in X-Men Monday history! Which X-Couple has the best sex life?

Tom Brevoort: Rogue and Gambit pretty well have to be a lock on this one.
    This is one of those things we all know, but it's still nice to have it said. 😀
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Amazing Member

Duggan has done it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    Duggan has done it again.
    He just cannot be professional, I wonder if in next issue he'll get his self-insert Deadpool to **** on Gambit...

I'm going to open a bottle of champagne the day his last issue is published.

He is unprofessional and the editor is even worse.

Is he parodying himself at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Is he parodying himself at this point?
    The mini's trash again. It's clear who left half-written that crap.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I'm going to open a bottle of champagne the day his last issue is published.

He is unprofessional and the editor is even worse.
    Yeah, it's not a good combination when the writer doesn't like Gambit and the editor doesn't like Rogue
    Make Good Art

It was absurd. Duggan more or less invalidated the whole mini in 1 panel. A mini that came from his ideas.

The dynamic between Anna and Remy was tired and unfunny. Wherever Duggans heart is it doesn’t feel like it’s here. He seemed much more interested in Wade and Anna, as has been pointed out.

Duggan is tryng to "Emmalize" Wade to "Scott" Rogue's.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It was absurd. Duggan more or less invalidated the whole mini in 1 panel. A mini that came from his ideas.

The dynamic between Anna and Remy was tired and unfunny. Wherever Duggans heart is it doesn’t feel like it’s here. He seemed much more interested in Wade and Anna, as has been pointed out.
    To be fair, that mini kind of invalidated itself. Most of us if asked by a total stranger would not recommend anyone to buy and read it. That said I felt their dynamic felt better than the any interaction between the other characters, though that isn't that much of a defense. Also I think you guys are kind of quick to consider this as bad Remy treatment, it's neutral. Doesn't look great, but doesn't look bad either. If anything it's probably one of his better treatments of Remy, seeing how he worked out whatever Rogue and Destiny did in that mini was likely for this scenario. It's not that farfetched that Remy can work it out on his own, as he knows how Destiny works.

This whole Krakoan era is like a damn roller coaster

and I'm sick of it

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    To be fair, that mini kind of invalidated itself. Most of us if asked by a total stranger would not recommend anyone to buy and read it. That said I felt their dynamic felt better than the any interaction between the other characters, though that isn't that much of a defense. Also I think you guys are kind of quick to consider this as bad Remy treatment, it's neutral. Doesn't look great, but doesn't look bad either. If anything it's probably one of his better treatments of Remy, seeing how he worked out whatever Rogue and Destiny did in that mini was likely for this scenario. It's not that farfetched that Remy can work it out on his own, as he knows how Destiny works.
    Different shades. I agree with you that it better but I still find it unfunny and tired.

Certainly I am predisposed to dislike or be bored of this dynamic between them as I have seen it before, from Duggan also. It has outstayed its welcome for me. In that respect I can never judge this comic as a neutral or a first impression. That ship has sailed for me.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Different shades. I agree with you that it better but I still find it unfunny and tired.

Certainly I am predisposed to dislike or be bored of this dynamic between them as I have seen it before, from Duggan also. It has outstayed its welcome for me. In that respect I can never judge this comic as a neutral or a first impression. That ship has sailed for me.
    Exactly. In a vacuum, it might not be bad. But we've been dealing with this treatment for a while. I remember even being tired of it when Destiny said the "Hate you" line in X-Men because it was just a re-tread of Mystique's treatment of Gambit.
    Make Good Art