Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Oh my god guys.

spoilers:
    Lots of people are either gonna hate or be really mixed on this episode as Romy fans BUT. Personally I loved this, despite being team Gambit. Gambit got to show-off and be a goddamn hero. He proved everyone wrong, he is a romantic. I LOVED his speech with Rogue, he called her out but with a ton of empathy. Rogue was heart-broken and I do get her POV here, even if I hate how her actions hurt him. Anyway, Remy finally got to be cool but paid the ultimate price for that. :/ Welp, at least no triangle anymore... because both of Rogue's beau's are dead. T.T Now why we know why Rogue seemed so pissed off in some of the episodes.

Also can I say, Magneto is totally a creep for getting together with Rogue so young but... I didn't hate the pairing her? Like obviously is very controlling, but even he shows respect to Gambit and acknowledges their connection??? Also, Rogue I don't know why you're freaking making out with Magneto in front of Gambit, but I am glad you finally got your head straight and choose him at the last moment. For all that it counts for considering the ending... oh my god, Remy died thinking Rogue choose Magneto. NOOOOO T.T

Anyway, amazing episode. For all that I got frustrated with the pairing, I actually kinda like how they handled it at the end? As long as we're finally DONE and Romy is what we get moving forward, which considering what happened on Genosha... I don't see Magneto keeping to Xavier's philosophy for long once time gets reset. So Romy will definitely be end-game, just frustrating we'll have to wait till presumably the Cable episode for this to get rolled back (Ep 7).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I am so annoyed right now (low-key traumatized?).

Okay, so Gambit looked good. In every way. He looked good as a hero and incredibly mature as a person. As a fan, I love him more than ever. That ending was BRUTAL. It better be reversed, because if the series goes on without him, not sure I want to watch it, you know?

They also did a great job in making me not want to be a Romy shipper throughout most of it. Did they really have to put us through all of that Rogueneto cr*p? Ugh. Barf! Too much! And they just proved everyone's point that Mags took advantage of a very young Rogue. Creepy. Just creepy.

I had a theory that at some point in a future season, there would be the Romy wedding, and yep, Nightcrawler made reference to it, so if Gambit isn't dead, that could happen.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how they could bring him back? I need something to hope for.

Also: typical that Scott & Jean had to take over half of the episode. I mean, I don't mind them as a couple, but c'mon! It was supposed to be Gambit's episode!

In short: I'm angry at both Rogue and the writers. I love Gambit more than ever. Magneto creeps me out. Nightcrawler better join the cast because he's delightful.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

All-New Member

Oh my god
    I m crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    I am so annoyed right now (low-key traumatized?).

Okay, so Gambit looked good. In every way. He looked good as a hero and incredibly mature as a person. As a fan, I love him more than ever. That ending was BRUTAL. It better be reversed, because if the series goes on without him, not sure I want to watch it, you know?

They also did a great job in making me not want to be a Romy shipper throughout most of it. Did they really have to put us through all of that Rogueneto cr*p? Ugh. Barf! Too much! And they just proved everyone's point that Mags took advantage of a very young Rogue. Creepy. Just creepy.

I had a theory that at some point in a future season, there would be the Romy wedding, and yep, Nightcrawler made reference to it, so if Gambit isn't dead, that could happen.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how they could bring him back? I need something to hope for.

Also: typical that Scott & Jean had to take over half of the episode. I mean, I don't mind them as a couple, but c'mon! It was supposed to be Gambit's episode!

In short: I'm angry at both Rogue and the writers. I love Gambit more than ever. Magneto creeps me out. Nightcrawler better join the cast because he's delightful.
    end of spoilers
    Oh for sure

spoilers:
    Keep in mind Cable appears in this episode and we have an episode labeled "Bright Eyes" probably referring to him. It's gonna be time-shenanigans 99%.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh for sure

spoilers:
    Keep in mind Cable appears in this episode and we have an episode labeled "Bright Eyes" probably referring to him. It's gonna be time-shenanigans 99%.
    end of spoilers
    Good point. I hope so. In the meantime: spoilers:
    I guess we now know whose coffin it is.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Good point. I hope so. In the meantime: spoilers:
    I guess we now know whose coffin it is.
    end of spoilers
    Noooo, I didn't even think of that. Goddamn onions. T.T

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

spoilers:
    My knee jerk, short reaction as I need to sleep.
    LOVED THAT THEY TALKED. ALSO, FIRST-PERSON REMY. Loved Gambit in Total Beast Mode--what a way to go out!...for now. (Lenore mentioned recording with AJ last year, so I assume he comes back.) Loved that her red dress was reminiscent of her famous First Date Dress tho ������ at that kiss.
    And Chris did a really good job as Cable! Shame he and Remy didn't share a scene.
    And "You never wanted to make things official. I respected that." SAY IT FOR THE SLUT-SHAMERS IN THE BACK, REMY!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 04-10-2024 at 01:40 AM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

One last thought:

spoilers:
    That coffin could be for Magneto.

For God's sake, Rogue, don't just sit there, it's called CPR!
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

One last thought:

spoilers:
    That coffin could be for Magneto.

For God's sake, Rogue, don't just sit there, it's called CPR!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If I had a nickel for every time the words "I can't feel you" killed one of my ships in the Marvel universe, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Duckie; 04-10-2024 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh my god guys.

spoilers:
    Lots of people are either gonna hate or be really mixed on this episode as Romy fans
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    maybe I'll be in the minority, but I really liked the episode, just compare this episode to the ending of Uncanny Avengers... at least it's clear that the authors of X-men '97 don't hate Gambit(&Rogue) and we see the story from Rogue's point of view
    end of spoilers

I don't know what to say honestly, I have a lot to process.

This chapter has made me love Remy even more. He's the best of them all.

I'm heartbroken

spoilers:
    That was one hell of an episode to watch at 5am.

Gambit came across so well in it. It is shocking to have well-written Remy. He handled the situation with Rogue in a way that showed he was not the adolescent Magneto said. He was calm, he was an adult, he knew his worth.

I also was excited that he got a Feat. I am not normally about the power fantasy, but '92 Gambit is so nerfed compared to comics Gambit. It was cool to see something more like his real power levels and real agility. Loved that, even if it ended in the most heart-breaking way

I felt so bad for him when he had to see Rogue come down to meet Magneto and touch him. However, she was wearing a version of their first date dress, as others have called out, and so I expected that there would be a twist. I am glad she unambiguously chose Gambit over her ability to touch Magneto.

I wish they had underscored the horrible, grooming dynamics between Rogue and Magneto more, especially since I just finished watching Quiet on the Set. She was a vulnerable young woman that he was supposed to be mentoring, and he absolutely took advantage of that. In many ways, '97 is NOT a subtle show, and I wish they had been less subtle about the messed up power dynamics there.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DearMachine; 04-10-2024 at 03:39 AM.

Am I the only one the found the past story of Rogue and Magneto very problematic? I'm not opposed to the couple, but not like this!

And the final scene made Gambit cool in my eyes for the first time. I hope they don't undo it, it was a beautifully written conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:
    That was one hell of an episode to watch at 5am.

Gambit came across so well in it. It is shocking to have well-written Remy. He handled the situation with Rogue in a way that showed he was not the adolescent Magneto said. He was calm, he was an adult, he knew his worth.
    I also was excited that he got a Feat. I am not normally about the power fantasy, but '92 Gambit is so nerfed compared to comics Gambit. It was cool to see something more like his real power levels and real agility. Loved that, even if it ended in the most heart-breaking way

I felt so bad for him when he had to see Rogue come down to meet Magneto and touch him. However, she was wearing a version of their first date dress, as others have called out, and so I expected that there would be a twist.

I wish they had underscored the horrible, grooming dynamics between Rogue and Magneto more. She was a vulnerable young woman that he was supposed to be mentoring, and he absolutely took advantage of that. In many ways, '97 is NOT a subtle show, and I wish they had been less subtle about the messed up power dynamics there.
    end of spoilers
    They don't make it obvious but I find it amusing that

spoilers:
    "Valerie" does not approve of the relationship. And yes, I'm fully on the Valerie is Mystique bandwagon after this episode.

You can tell Raven really wanted to help Rogue, but didn't anticipate this development happening. Her face when it's revealed that Magneto wants Rogue as his "queen" is very telling.

And you'd think she'd be for it, considering adopting Rogue was a calculating move by Destiny and Raven. Magneto is an omega, he's in a position of power, and has numerous connections by all accounts she should be in favor of this relationship because it could help in her goals through manipulating Rogue. But... she doesn't approve. I think even she recognizes the toxic power dynamics at play there.

Which is good, because Mystique's not a good mother, but at least it's clear here that she cares about Rogue beyond just being a tool.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Am I the only one the found the past story of Rogue and Magneto very problematic? I'm not opposed to the couple, but not like this!

And the final scene made Gambit cool in my eyes for the first time. I hope they don't undo it, it was a beautifully written conclusion.
    spoilers:
    No there is definitely creepy undertones to it. I did find Magneto very charming in this episode, so I can understand why Rogue fell for him. He has a way with words and makes her feel special. Even honorable, given his sacrifice at the end of the episode.

But the bottom line is she was just barely an adult, still basically a child, and she was trying to get help. He DID take advantage of that.
    end of spoilers